How to spot a bogus dollar?

'nam vet.

Jan 2, 2009, 7:36:33 AM1/2/09
believe it or not someone locally counterfeited a dollar bill.
but, I really want to know is, how to spot a bad $20 u.s.?
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.

David

Jan 2, 2009, 7:38:30 AM1/2/09
it may have certain markings on it removed. I've seen checkers hold it up to
the light to look for a watermark or a thin line or something. Maybe you
could look it up on the web about counterfeiting.

"'nam vet." <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message

MSfo...@mcpmail.com

Jan 2, 2009, 9:46:21 AM1/2/09

A bad $20 is that one you stuck in that pole dancer's G-string last
week.

David

Jan 2, 2009, 9:52:40 AM1/2/09

<MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote in message

that's not the hard part and please try to stay on topic

asiand...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2009, 3:41:46 AM1/4/09
This website provide step by step to detect counterfeit US money.

http://www.wikihow.com/Detect-Counterfeit-US-Money

AsianDoll

Since its my school semester break I have been using my free time
playing games like <a href=http://www.gamestotal.com> http://www.gamestotal.com
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com> http://3700ad.gamestotal.com </a>

'nam vet.

Jan 5, 2009, 10:31:10 PM1/5/09

DanG

Jan 19, 2009, 9:07:32 AM1/19/09
A good friend works for a local bank that goes through lots of
paper money. She says you feel the ridges on the left collar/
lapel of the portrait. I have to work at it, but she says ladies'
fingers have no trouble feeling them. This is apparently faster
than the pens, holding to a light, etc.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

syynik

Jan 19, 2009, 1:09:07 PM1/19/09
When I was working as a cashier, I got slipped a couple counterfeits.
They were of an amazing quality, and they passed the "marker test"
the thing I noticed initially is that the paper felt...wrong,
somehow. Almost like waxed paper. We took it (after it passed the
worthless pen test)
but it got caught by the bank.

Gary Heston

Jan 19, 2009, 6:46:29 PM1/19/09
In article <e51303a6-5d65-4dff...@w39g2000prb.googlegroups.com>,

30+ years ago I worked for a savings and loan. The tellers had an
ultraviolet light that they used to detect fake bills; they'd stand
out quite clearly, I was told. Modern counterfiters may be able to
beat that test though.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

"Behind every successful woman there is an astonished man"
General of the Army (four stars) Ann Dunwoody