Frugal Solar ideas?

VFW

Jan 22, 2010, 2:58:47 PM1/22/10
http://www.solarenergyvillage.co.cc/2009/11/homeowner-builds-environmenta
lly.html
just choosing solar might be easier than you thought.
--
Hint; Enjoy the moment !

Al

Jan 22, 2010, 6:01:40 PM1/22/10
On Jan 22, 2:58 pm, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:
> http://www.solarenergyvillage.co.cc/2009/11/homeowner-builds-environm...

> lly.html
> just choosing solar might be easier than you thought.
> --
> Hint; Enjoy the moment !

It's going to be super easy for me as I'm not going there. Keep me
posted on when they get it worked out and it's cheaper than regular
power.

VFW

Jan 22, 2010, 10:21:41 PM1/22/10
In article
<9a24ed5b-3c1e-43da...@l30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
Al <albu...@mailinator.com> wrote:

Around here, there has been a mini-growth industry just for the folks
that don't want a meter-reader getting anywhere their marijuana grow.
Or be bothered with a generator.
Cheaper is not concern with them. But they are supporting the progress
of designs that will become cheaper in the future.

jeff

Jan 23, 2010, 8:53:29 AM1/23/10
VFW wrote:
> In article
> <9a24ed5b-3c1e-43da...@l30g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> Al <albu...@mailinator.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jan 22, 2:58 pm, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:
>>> http://www.solarenergyvillage.co.cc/2009/11/homeowner-builds-environm...
>>> lly.html
>>> just choosing solar might be easier than you thought.
>>> --
>>> Hint; Enjoy the moment !
>> It's going to be super easy for me as I'm not going there. Keep me
>> posted on when they get it worked out and it's cheaper than regular
>> power.
>
> Around here, there has been a mini-growth industry just for the folks
> that don't want a meter-reader getting anywhere their marijuana grow.
> Or be bothered with a generator.

Doesn't a large farm of solar collectors attract attention?

You might as well just have a green house and eliminate the steps of
converting light to electricity to light. But what do I know!

I've been concentrating on the cost of heating, and solar is well
suited and affordable there. The cost of electricity for non heating
(cold months) is not that much of a concern for me. With that said, my
next solar project is going to be an array of trough type collectors to
generate electricity, because I found a way to build them accurately and
cheaply. PV is just too pricey.

Jeff