death-dealing L. turn signal near Tampa, Fla

miste...@yahoo.com

Nov 10, 2008, 1:40:37 PM11/10/08
anyone ever seen an incomplete L. TURN signal?:

one with a green light; a yellow light- but no red light on the signal
after the
yellow because the red light is there, but DIS-CONNECTED !
43 serious injury (FlaDOT statistics)L. turn, head-on and side
collissions with oncomming traffic in Florida at this L. turn because
the Fla DOT disconnected the red light:
. Palmetto, Fla. southbound on US 41 (left turn about 200yds past
(west) of the Walmart)

On a L. turn signal, once the green light comes on- the signal MUST
complete its cycle.( green to yellow to RED). After the red, if an
unprotected , permisable left turn (L. turn when oncoming traffic
clears) is desired: the left turn signal should go to a blinking
yellow light. It should not go from the yellow , directly to a green
light on ANOTHER SIGNAL for the thru lanes to the right.

This combining of signals for the left turn lane causes accidents.
There is no other way to explain the number of accidents at the above
intersection.

ASK THE SCHOOL CROSSING GUARD ABOUT THE ACCIDENTS AND NEAR-ACCIDENTS
SHE HAS SEEN RIGHT NEXT TO HER GUARD POST!

The do nothing idiots, who are aware of, and responsible for this
murderous left-turn signal and the resulting: pain, injury, lost
wages and
good times for the auto body business are:
Ken Bass ph (863) 519-2495 (Bartow, Fl)
My suggestion: Call him and: Politely YELL BLOODY MURDER!
and
Cindy Clemmons Cindy.Clem...@dot.state.fl.us
ALSO EMAIL DOT: fdot.pio@ dot.state.fl.us

Mike

miste...@yahoo.com

Don Klipstein

Nov 10, 2008, 4:16:03 PM11/10/08
In <4a81cedf-dbd4-4826...@q30g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,
miste...@yahoo.com wrote:

>anyone ever seen an incomplete L. TURN signal?:
>
>one with a green light; a yellow light- but no red light on the signal
>after the
>yellow because the red light is there, but DIS-CONNECTED !
>43 serious injury (FlaDOT statistics)L. turn, head-on and side
>collissions with oncomming traffic in Florida at this L. turn because
>the Fla DOT disconnected the red light:
>. Palmetto, Fla. southbound on US 41 (left turn about 200yds past
>(west) of the Walmart)
>
> On a L. turn signal, once the green light comes on- the signal MUST
>complete its cycle.( green to yellow to RED). After the red, if an
>unprotected , permisable left turn (L. turn when oncoming traffic
>clears) is desired: the left turn signal should go to a blinking
>yellow light. It should not go from the yellow , directly to a green
>light on ANOTHER SIGNAL for the thru lanes to the right.

I would think that Florida and 48 other U.S. States are similar enough
to Pennsylvania in regard to traffic signals:

If the left arrow goes from green to yellow to blank, your protected
left turn has expired. One assumes that the red light has burned out.

Unless there is a green left arrow or yellow left arrow indicating
protedted left turn, you assume lack of protected left turn. That
requires left turners to yield to oncoming traffic. The left turners are
at fault if they collide with oncoming traffic when not protected by a
green left arrow and they are supposed to know that.

The only difference made by a red light for left turn signal is that a
red left turn signal requires left turners to not proceed whether or not
there is oncoming traffic to collide with.

43 left turners needed tickets for failure to yield to oncoming traffic
when turning left. Aren't there cops in Palmetto, FL?

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

phil scott

Nov 10, 2008, 10:12:55 PM11/10/08
On Nov 10, 1:16 pm, d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote:
> In <4a81cedf-dbd4-4826-be05-c2e495242...@q30g2000prq.googlegroups.com>,

> misterf...@yahoo.com wrote:
> >anyone ever seen an incomplete L. TURN signal?:
>
> >one with a green light; a yellow light- but no red light on the signal
> >after the
> >yellow because the red light is there, but DIS-CONNECTED !
> >43 serious injury (FlaDOT statistics)L. turn, head-on and side
> >collissions with oncomming traffic in Florida at this L. turn because
> >the Fla DOT disconnected the red light:
> >. Palmetto, Fla. southbound on US 41 (left turn about 200yds past
> >(west) of the Walmart)
>
> > On a L. turn signal, once the green light comes on-  the signal MUST
> >complete its cycle.( green to yellow to RED). After the red, if an
> >unprotected , permisable left turn (L. turn when oncoming traffic
> >clears) is desired: the left turn signal should go to a blinking
> >yellow light. It should not go from the yellow , directly to a green
> >light on ANOTHER SIGNAL  for the thru lanes to the right.
>
>   I would think that Florida and 48 other U.S. States are similar enough
> to Pennsylvania in regard to traffic signals:
>
>   If the left arrow goes from green to yellow to blank, your protected
> left turn has expired.  One assumes that the red light has burned out.

Yer ass-umption is based on your own IQ, probably well above two
digits....

However, fully 49% of the population in the US has a two digit IQ, by
definition,
and half the people with higher IQ's are either drunk, senile, blind
or talking on thier
cell phones.

the bogus light for all these years is an idicatiion of civil service
gone totally south.

Phil scott

>   Unless there is a green left arrow or yellow left arrow indicating
> protedted left turn, you assume lack of protected left turn.  That
> requires left turners to yield to oncoming traffic.  The left turners are
> at fault if they collide with oncoming traffic when not protected by a
> green left arrow and they are supposed to know that.
>
>   The only difference made by a red light for left turn signal is that a
> red left turn signal requires left turners to not proceed whether or not
> there is oncoming traffic to collide with.
>
>   43 left turners needed tickets for failure to yield to oncoming traffic
> when turning left.  Aren't there cops in Palmetto, FL?
>

>  - Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)- Hide quoted text -

Message has been deleted

phil scott

Nov 17, 2008, 12:53:02 AM11/17/08
On Nov 16, 11:24 am, Dan Birchall <nob...@imaginary-
host.danbirchall.com> wrote:
> I read it twice.  I still can't figure out what it's got to do with
> frugality.  Is disconnecting traffic signals frugal because it saves
> on electricity?
>
> Or did the original poster aim for misc.consumers and miss?
>
> Baffled...
>
> --
> Screaming in Digital -http://scream.org/- Queensryche fandom since 1991.

whinning about spending money, mispent money by govt, and such is a
part of being frugal... its the frugal mental set.... beyond that, see
the USENET FAQ regarding what is considered off topic for a ng....
summary: normal human interaction is part of any NG, and 25% or so
discusson off the NG topic line is quite fine...if the person posts on
topic the bulk of the rest of the time.

its all part of a social interaction. and thats generally understood
on USENET.

Phil scott