Cars fart poisonous gas

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 21, 2010, 3:18:29 PM9/21/10
On Sep 17, 8:50 am, Sir Jeremy <pete.a...@virgin.net> wrote:
> On 17 Sep, 09:56, "john hamilton" <bluesta...@mail.invalid> wrote:
>
> > "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock &
> > the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote in messagenews:3d10b2b0-ef23-4024...@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
>
> > sometime ago i saw an interview with a very very old lady, when asked if it
> > was so much better with horses in the road than cars, she said that she
> > lived in the edgware road and the noise from the horses hooves was terrible
> > and the cars were much quieter....
>
> and don't defaecate

Cars fart poisonous gas.

That's a powerful metaphor, huh?

I rather live with horse shit.

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"I rather take horse shit than bullshit"

Edward Dolan

Sep 22, 2010, 1:27:37 AM9/22/10
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Sep 17, 8:50 am, Sir Jeremy <pete.a...@virgin.net> wrote:
>> On 17 Sep, 09:56, "john hamilton" <bluesta...@mail.invalid> wrote:
>>
>> > "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of
>> > Tantra-Hammock &
>> > the Stationary Bicycle to burn the calories"
>> > <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
>> > wrote in
>> > messagenews:3d10b2b0-ef23-4024...@l20g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > sometime ago i saw an interview with a very very old lady, when asked
>> > if it
>> > was so much better with horses in the road than cars, she said that she
>> > lived in the edgware road and the noise from the horses hooves was
>> > terrible
>> > and the cars were much quieter....
>>
>> and don't defaecate
>
> Cars fart poisonous gas.
>
> That's a powerful metaphor, huh?
>
> I rather live with horse shit.

TM is a poor crazy bastard who just posts on his one favorite subject -
hatred of motor vehicles because they interfere with his use of the roads.
His other favorite subject is attacking Christianity. If you respond to this
poor crazy bastard, then you are a poor crazy bastard too.

He likes to reference monkeys and other wild animals normally found only in
zoos because he is most likely a wild beast himself. I think he fornicates
with monkeys, but I can't prove it.

TM should confine himself to just one thread instead of proliferating them
like a poor crazy bastard. He is insane of course. I liken him to the
village idiot of olden times. The difference these days is that no one any
longer recognizes the village idiot because idiocy has become so widespread.

But I will be here to remind one and all of what a poor crazy bastard TM is.
It is mark of My Greatness that I can still recognize the village idiot even
if the rest of you can't.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Opus

Sep 22, 2010, 11:08:19 AM9/22/10
On Sep 21, 2:18 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of
the Jungle" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>snip<

> Cars fart poisonous gas.
>
> That's a powerful metaphor, huh?
>
> I rather live with horse shit.

> THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS
>
> "I rather take horse shit than bullshit"
>
> http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION

Yes, but all that manure still breeds flies that spread disease.
Believe it or not the motor vehicle really did wonders for cleaning up
our cities. Were we to go back to that we would need an army of people
with brooms, shovels, and barrels to keep the poop under control,
which would be good for unemployment I guess. How to pay for that army
would be a problem, maybe horse licenses? Selling the byproduct as
fertilizer? Whatever, we can't go back to draft animals without paying
a price in either actual money or public health.

Had we a crystal ball when planning things back in the immediate post-
WWII era we would have built railroads to carry goods and people on
the ground with the airlines taking care or the ones in a rush instead
of the massive Interstate Highway System. Seriously rails are much
cheaper to build per ton/mile of capacity than paved roads, and much
more durable to boot. Then we would only need short-range electric
vehicles for the distribution of goods from the train depot to the
stores nearby rather than the long-haul trucks that go from production
point or port of entry to retail point. The numbers of vehicles would
be the same, but their makeup would be different and more efficient
and less polluting. Move people locally by their own muscles, walking
or riding a bicycle, and long distances by rail or air or bicycle if
time is not a concern. The road network needed to move goods from farm
to market would be plenty for getting bicycles from city to city.
Rural electrification could have been used to charge electric trucks
for moving the produce on local roads. Cowboys would still need to
ride horses, but tractors would be electric powered. Barns would be
placed on east-west lines with roofs that were all south-facing in the
northern hemisphere to gather solar energy, either for use on the farm
or to sell to the grid.

But you know what they say about hindsight.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 22, 2010, 11:21:40 AM9/22/10

Your balance sounds right on, but I hear GM had a hand in the
"planning" of the car culture and highway system, and the dismissal of
the "obsolete" technologies (read COMPETITION).

Then we are left with the most POLLUTING & PROFITABLE transportation
system in the world, in which GM is only a small player of the game.

Now the MONSTER has a life of its own, and nobody knows how to stop it
or even put it on a diet.

Todd

Sep 22, 2010, 2:40:30 PM9/22/10
On Sep 22, 8:08 am, Opus <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote:

some stuff snipped

> Yes, but all that manure still breeds flies that spread disease.
> Believe it or not the motor vehicle really did wonders for cleaning up
> our cities. Were we to go back to that we would need an army of people
> with brooms, shovels, and barrels to keep the poop under control,
> which would be good for unemployment I guess. How to pay for that army
> would be a problem, maybe horse licenses? Selling the byproduct as
> fertilizer?

An except from:

http://sfnap.org/n_area/parks/na_gol_o.html

"Golden Gate Park once was part of one of the largest inland-reaching
sand dune systems along the western shore of North America. It
stretched seven miles from Ocean Beach across the entire peninsula to
the present-day Financial District. The western areas near the ocean
were covered with constantly drifting sand. Toward the eastern end,
rock outcrops and ridges provided a protected environment in which oak
trees thrived. Despite their rich biological diversity and stark
beauty, the dunes did not meet the European aesthetic for park land.
In 1870, William Hammond Hall submitted a plan to Mayor Frank McCoppin
to tame the sand dunes and "fit a graceful curvature" to the natural
topography. Using horse manure, the park designers transformed the
ever-shifting sand into stabilized, arable soil."

His Highness the TibetanMonkey & the Spirits of the Jungle

Sep 22, 2010, 3:07:11 PM9/22/10

A lot of shit (sorry, manure) must have been happening in the 19th
century, even before we could account for it in the 20th century. And
it doesn't look better in the 21st century.