How can I keep deer out of garden.

1 view

g kay

Oct 11, 2009, 2:12:39 PM10/11/09
the whole yard is pretty secure but some times they break thru the hedge
row.
They seem to remember the bird shot incidents. We are now trying mirrors
at the vulnerable spots.
any suggestion on NG/s?

The Real Bev

Oct 11, 2009, 3:27:33 PM10/11/09
g kay wrote:

Big cat poo from your local zoo.

--
Cheers, Bev
My house isn't a pigsty, it's an Immunity Enhancement Center.

RickMerrill

Oct 11, 2009, 4:06:23 PM10/11/09
The Real Bev wrote:
> g kay wrote:
>
>> the whole yard is pretty secure but some times they break thru the
>> hedge row.
>> They seem to remember the bird shot incidents. We are now trying mirrors
>> at the vulnerable spots.
>> any suggestion on NG/s?
>
> Big cat poo from your local zoo.

Then to get rid of the big cats you will need elephant droppings!

:-)

RickMerrill

Oct 11, 2009, 4:07:43 PM10/11/09

Here's what you do: encircle the garden with monofilament fishing line -
use the strongest test you can find. Place it about chest-high to the
deer. They will feel it but can't see it!

You only need one strand.

Rod Speed

Oct 11, 2009, 4:23:27 PM10/11/09
The Real Bev wrote
> g kay wrote

>> the whole yard is pretty secure but some times they break thru the hedge row. They seem to remember the bird shot
>> incidents. We are now trying mirrors at the vulnerable spots.

>> any suggestion on NG/s?

> Big cat poo from your local zoo.

No big cat shit in my local zoo.

The Real Bev

Oct 11, 2009, 7:34:21 PM10/11/09
RickMerrill wrote:

Fortunately you can get those at the zoo too.

Actually, there aren't a whole lot of places in the US that have big cat
problems (Garfield notwithstanding), and they tend to keep the deer in check
where they do live.

--
Cheers, Bev
"We've got some stupid people out there. This morning, I woke

The Real Bev

Oct 11, 2009, 7:36:23 PM10/11/09
Rod Speed wrote:

That's shocking. Maybe croc poo would work.

Rod Speed

Oct 11, 2009, 8:40:17 PM10/11/09
The Real Bev wrote

> Rod Speed wrote
>> The Real Bev wrote
>>> g kay wrote

>>> Big cat poo from your local zoo.

>> No big cat shit in my local zoo.

> That's shocking. Maybe croc poo would work.

Crocs dont poo in a way that you can collect it.

And they dont have any crocs either.
http://www.altinawildlife.com/

The Real Bev

Oct 11, 2009, 9:37:59 PM10/11/09
Rod Speed wrote:

> The Real Bev wrote
>> Rod Speed wrote
>>> The Real Bev wrote

>>> No big cat shit in my local zoo.
>
>> That's shocking. Maybe croc poo would work.
>
> Crocs dont poo in a way that you can collect it.

Try cleaning the restrooms more often so the crocs will be willing to use them.
You'll find a way if you really want to.

> And they dont have any crocs either. http://www.altinawildlife.com/

I assumed Europe from the "hedgerow" thing, and I was suggesting that YOU use
croc poo. There are obviously very few crocs in Europe.

A common way of getting rid of excess deer in the US is to wait until they
start to cross a road and then run them down with your car. Far more sporting
than shooting them, there's a chance that the driver and his passengers will
actually die in the encounter.

--
Cheers, Bev
mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it."

Nick Naim

Oct 12, 2009, 7:51:38 PM10/12/09

"g kay" <geor...@toast.net> wrote in message
.308

RickMerrill

Oct 15, 2009, 9:08:05 AM10/15/09

Mirrors? I would worry that a buck would attack the "other" buck!