Good deal on LSD batteries?

OhioGuy

Jan 21, 2009, 5:19:21 PM1/21/09
I need to find a deal on low self discharge NiMH batteries. These
are the Eneloop type which comes precharged, and keeps roughly 3/4 of
the full charge after a year in storage. I had purchased some Rayovac
Hybrid batteries a few months ago. Now I find that I need at least 4 to
8 more of the AA size.

The best I can seem to find is about $12 shipped through Amazon.
That comes to about $3 per battery.

Can anyone suggest a better deal online, or a B&M deal where I can
avoid shipping? Thanks!

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Jan 21, 2009, 5:26:42 PM1/21/09
OhioGuy <no...@none.net> wrote in news:gl872i$1nob$1...@news.ett.com.ua:

Costco?

OhioGuy

Jan 22, 2009, 9:27:36 AM1/22/09
> Costco?

No Costco stores around here, unless I drive 2 hours.

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Jan 22, 2009, 2:51:29 PM1/22/09
OhioGuy <no...@none.net> wrote in news:gl9vpr$2er7$2...@news.ett.com.ua:

>> Costco?
>
> No Costco stores around here, unless I drive 2 hours.

Order online?

SMS

Jan 22, 2009, 3:38:03 PM1/22/09

Costco no longer sells the eneloop or other LSD batteries, at least in
Northern California.

When they did, it was eight AA and two AAA and some adapters for C&D and
a charger, though for a brief period they sold just the battery assortment.

The eneloops also used to be sold at Wal-Mart, but no more.

See "http://tinyurl.com/eneloopthomas". $9.97 for four, but the shipping
is very high.

Amazing that these batteries seem to be about the only technology item
that's going _up_ in price.

I did see one Sanyo digital camera that came with two eneloop batteries
and a charger. Sanyo is actually the world's largest digital camera
manufacturer, but they mainly manufacture for other companies, and don't
sell much under their own brand.

The Real Bev

Jan 22, 2009, 4:59:11 PM1/22/09
SMS wrote:

> Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

>>> No Costco stores around here, unless I drive 2 hours.
>>
>> Order online?
>
> Costco no longer sells the eneloop or other LSD batteries, at least in
> Northern California.
>
> When they did, it was eight AA and two AAA and some adapters for C&D and
> a charger, though for a brief period they sold just the battery assortment.
>
> The eneloops also used to be sold at Wal-Mart, but no more.
>
> See "http://tinyurl.com/eneloopthomas". $9.97 for four, but the shipping
> is very high.

Duracell makes 'precharged' batteries, their equivalent to the eneloops
(somebody says they actually ARE eneloops, just rebranded). I'm satisfied with
them.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Charged-Rechargeable-Batteries-4-Pack/dp/B000XSA60I
4 AA cells/$12.06+shipping+tax , but you can find them cheaper.

> Amazing that these batteries seem to be about the only technology item
> that's going _up_ in price.
>
> I did see one Sanyo digital camera that came with two eneloop batteries
> and a charger. Sanyo is actually the world's largest digital camera
> manufacturer, but they mainly manufacture for other companies, and don't
> sell much under their own brand.

Consider the possibility that every single item that in any way involves the use
of electricity is made by a single monstrous factory complex in China.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Rod Speed

Jan 22, 2009, 8:58:02 PM1/22/09

Just another of your pathetic little drug crazed fantasys.

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Jan 22, 2009, 11:31:26 PM1/22/09
SMS <scharf...@geemail.com> wrote in news:cL4el.560$Lr6.462
@flpi143.ffdc.sbc.com:

> Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

>>> No Costco stores around here, unless I drive 2 hours.
>>>

>> Order online?
>
> Costco no longer sells the eneloop or other LSD batteries, at least in
> Northern California.

I could have sworn I saw them in the Rancho Cordova Store just last week.
Could be a brain fart, but...

Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

Jan 22, 2009, 11:36:39 PM1/22/09

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=717445