what the CDC sez; about KI

Karen Silkwood

Mar 18, 2011, 12:19:47 AM3/18/11
any radioactive plume coming our way? What I found is that potassium
iodide has a certain amount of risk involved in taking it. The Center
for Disease Control (CDC) warns:
Adults: Adults older than 40 years should not take KI unless public
health or emergency management officials say that contamination with a
very large dose of radioactive iodine is expected. Adults older than 40
years have the lowest chance of developing thyroid cancer or thyroid
injury after contamination with radioactive iodine. They also have a
greater chance of having allergic reactions to KI.²
fo mo;
http://planetthrive.com/2011/03/anti-radiation-soup/
--
Karma, What a concept!

Bob F

Mar 18, 2011, 4:29:19 PM3/18/11

One expert Rachael Maddow had on said if you don't drink contaminated milk, you
don't need the KI.