Do cyclists suffer from traumatic stress disorder?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 5, 2011, 8:20:55 PM3/5/11
Reading from Afghanistan it sounds like the daily struggle for
survival among cyclists:

"It's a day-by-day thing and you don't know if you're going to be the
guy to get hit the next day, so you just keep on pushing"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110305/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan_combat_stress

I think we are all affected by it to degree or another, knowing that
no medals will be awarded. And that's what bugs me: no medals or
severance pay forthcoming.

Well, they say, "A man gotta do what a man gotta do!"

Harry Brogan

Mar 6, 2011, 7:50:18 AM3/6/11
On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:20:55 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign"
<comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm sorry, but I am NOT going to compare my day-to-day battle with our
men and women in uniform.

And for YOU to do so is, quite simply, ludicrous.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 6, 2011, 9:54:06 AM3/6/11
On Mar 6, 7:50 am, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 17:20:55 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the
> TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign"
>

> <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >Reading from Afghanistan it sounds like the daily struggle for
> >survival among cyclists:
>
> >"It's a day-by-day thing and you don't know if you're going to be the
> >guy to get hit the next day, so you just keep on pushing"
>
> >http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110305/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan_combat...

> >I think we are all affected by it to degree or another, knowing that
> >no medals will be awarded. And that's what bugs me: no medals or
> >severance pay forthcoming.
>
> >Well, they say, "A man gotta do what a man gotta do!"

> >http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> I'm sorry, but I am NOT going to compare my day-to-day battle with our
> men and women in uniform.
>
> And for YOU to do so is, quite simply, ludicrous.

We shouldn't. We know what we are fighting for and are fighting
injustice as well.

Actually it could be claimed that nonviolence (riding a bike) is
superior to violence.

Opus

Mar 6, 2011, 5:13:11 PM3/6/11
On Mar 6, 8:54 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the

Well, I'm a vet, and I do have PTSD from my riding and my wreck.
Riding a bike is a lot like combat after you have been hit, from my
point of view.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 6, 2011, 10:12:13 PM3/6/11

Thanks! I think you feel a lot of frustration and anger in both cases.
Perhaps this is aggravated when your effort is not appreciated.

Harry Brogan

Mar 7, 2011, 5:22:16 AM3/7/11
On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 19:12:13 -0800 (PST), "His Highness the

TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign"
<nolionn...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I too did my time in service. As did my dad, and HIS dad. Together
that includes WW1, Korea and Vietnam.

I will not agree with you, veteran or not, that riding a bike is
ANYWHERE close to being in a combat situation.

Can you have a FORM of ptsd from a bike accident? I will agree with
that.

But, again, I am NOT going to make an attempt at comparing ANY of my
riding experiences to our men and women who are placing their lives on
the line.

And, I too, have been hit by a vehicle while riding. And it's NOTHING
like being in combat.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 7, 2011, 8:56:29 AM3/7/11
On Mar 7, 5:22 am, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:

One is treated like a stray dog and often abandoned to bleed after
being hit, the other has a team looking for him and enjoys prompt
medical care after getting hit, which often makes a difference between
life and death. Guess who gets what.

Try watching this (this ain't the reality you get to see on American
media)...

http://english.aljazeera.net/programmes/peopleandpower/2011/02/201121673217263109.html

Opus

Mar 7, 2011, 10:18:39 AM3/7/11
On Mar 7, 4:22 am, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:
>snip<

> >> Well, I'm a vet, and I do have PTSD from my riding and my wreck.
> >> Riding a bike is a lot like combat after you have been hit, from my
> >> point of view.
>
> >Thanks! I think you feel a lot of frustration and anger in both cases.
> >Perhaps this is aggravated when your effort is not appreciated.
>
> I too did my time in service.  As did my dad, and HIS dad.  Together
> that includes WW1, Korea and Vietnam.
>
> I will not agree with you, veteran or not, that riding a bike is
> ANYWHERE close to being in a combat situation.
>
> Can you have a FORM of ptsd from a bike accident?  I will agree with
> that.
>
> But, again, I am NOT going to make an attempt at comparing ANY of my
> riding experiences to our men and women who are placing their lives on
> the line.
>
> And, I too, have been hit by a vehicle while riding.  And it's NOTHING
> like being in combat.

PTSD doesn't come in flavors, it is or it isn't, you have it or you
don't. And I wasn't just hit by a vehicle, someone used a vehicle as a
weapon against me at high speed on a suburban street. Actually I have
"just" been hit by(with) a vehicle many, many times as people try to
get me off "their" roads. For me riding my bike is a lot like combat
patrols where the rules of engagement prohibit me from carrying any
live ammo, because I cannot engage my enemy on equal terms when they
drive a car and I'm riding a bicycle. I didn't like going on a combat
patrol with empty magazines, and I'm not happy with the state of law
enforcement in the town I live in at the moment.

Judith

Mar 7, 2011, 12:24:51 PM3/7/11
On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:18:39 -0800 (PST), Opus <opust...@gmail.com> wrote:

>PTSD doesn't come in flavors, it is or it isn't, you have it or you
>don't. And I wasn't just hit by a vehicle, someone used a vehicle as a
>weapon against me at high speed on a suburban street. Actually I have
>"just" been hit by(with) a vehicle many, many times as people try to
>get me off "their" roads. For me riding my bike is a lot like combat
>patrols where the rules of engagement prohibit me from carrying any
>live ammo, because I cannot engage my enemy on equal terms when they
>drive a car and I'm riding a bicycle. I didn't like going on a combat
>patrol with empty magazines, and I'm not happy with the state of law
>enforcement in the town I live in at the moment.

Most odd - I wonder if the way that you ride and your consideration for other road users contributes
to this aggression you seem to attract.

--

Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors".
(Daily Mail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1215131/ROBERT-HARDMAN-Lycra-louts-drive-crazy.html

JNugent

Mar 7, 2011, 3:44:55 PM3/7/11
On 07/03/2011 15:18, Opus wrote:

> PTSD doesn't come in flavors, it is or it isn't, you have it or you
> don't. And I wasn't just hit by a vehicle, someone used a vehicle as a
> weapon against me at high speed on a suburban street. Actually I have
> "just" been hit by(with) a vehicle many, many times as people try to
> get me off "their" roads. For me riding my bike is a lot like combat
> patrols where the rules of engagement prohibit me from carrying any
> live ammo, because I cannot engage my enemy on equal terms when they
> drive a car and I'm riding a bicycle. I didn't like going on a combat
> patrol with empty magazines, and I'm not happy with the state of law
> enforcement in the town I live in at the moment.

Welcome to the club.

You will find many here who are equally unhappy with the lack of enforcement
of the rules of the road, eg, cycling along along footways, failure to stop
at red traffic lights and progressing the wrong way along a one way street.
And travelling at night without lights.

Peter Keller

Mar 7, 2011, 6:52:37 PM3/7/11
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:24:51 +0000, Judith wrote:

> Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors". (Daily
> Mail)

They make fucking awful donors.

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.

Harry Brogan

Mar 7, 2011, 8:43:49 PM3/7/11
On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:24:51 +0000, Judith <jmsmi...@hotmail.co.uk>
wrote:

I too have to wonder if someone's attitude is a contributing factor.
I don't believe that I have ever had a vehicle purposely "target" me.
That would, after all, constitute attempted murder and whoever is the
"target" should have surely called the police.

Perhaps a new avocation for recreation for this person is in order.

To claim PTSD because of ones OWN lack of respect for other drivers is
asking a bit much. And to place ANY sort of riding experiences into
the same realm of military combat is, again, ludicrous.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 7, 2011, 11:56:49 PM3/7/11

Compare and contrast: Number of cyclists and pedestrians killed by
motorists operating illegally versus the number of motorists killed by
cyclists and pedestrians operating illegally.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

JNugent

Mar 8, 2011, 3:13:35 AM3/8/11

Why?

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 8, 2011, 6:16:30 AM3/8/11

If you have to ask.

Harry Brogan

Mar 8, 2011, 6:42:50 AM3/8/11
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 08:13:35 +0000, JNugent <jenni...@fastmail.fm>
wrote:

Asinine statement.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 8, 2011, 8:09:21 AM3/8/11
On Mar 7, 12:24 pm, Judith <jmsmith2...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Mar 2011 07:18:39 -0800 (PST), Opus <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >PTSD doesn't come in flavors, it is or it isn't, you have it or you
> >don't. And I wasn't just hit by a vehicle, someone used a vehicle as a
> >weapon against me at high speed on a suburban street. Actually I have
> >"just" been hit by(with) a vehicle many, many times as people try to
> >get me off "their" roads. For me riding my bike is a lot like combat
> >patrols where the rules of engagement prohibit me from carrying any
> >live ammo, because I cannot engage my enemy on equal terms when they
> >drive a car and I'm riding a bicycle. I didn't like going on a combat
> >patrol with empty magazines, and I'm not happy with the state of law
> >enforcement in the town I live in at the moment.
>
> Most odd - I wonder if the way that you ride and your consideration for other road users contributes
> to this aggression you seem to attract.

I wonder as well if our mere presence in the Middle East fuels
terrorism. Maybe it does, and maybe it did lead to 9/11... I'm sure
you must be asking questions like this as well.

Drivers just don't want us there, though our presence is fully
justified. They cut you off right in your face and if you don't slow
down, you may be another road kill. THEY ARE TERRORISTS!

Simon Lewis

Mar 8, 2011, 8:10:57 AM3/8/11
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit
Campaign" <comandan...@yahoo.com> writes:

You sound like an idiot. In cycling on roads for more than 30 years I
can count "incidents" on one hand. And of those only one was almost a
spill caused by idiot teenagers in a souped up pimp mobile.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 8, 2011, 8:19:18 AM3/8/11
On Mar 7, 2:32 pm, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." <p...@hovnanian.com> wrote:
> FatterDumber& Happier Moe wrote:

> > His Highness the TibetanMonkey, aka Comandante Banana wrote:
> >> Reading from Afghanistan it sounds like the daily struggle for
> >> survival among cyclists:
>
> >> "It's a day-by-day thing and you don't know if you're going to be the
> >> guy to get hit the next day, so you just keep on pushing"
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110305/ap_on_re_as/as_afghanistan_combat...
>

> >> I think we are all affected by it to degree or another, knowing that
> >> no medals will be awarded. And that's what bugs me: no medals or
> >> severance pay forthcoming.
>
> >> Well, they say, "A man gotta do what a man gotta do!"

> >>http://webspawner.com/users/BANANAREVOLUTION
>
> > Selfish thinking again, do you know what a bike can do to the under
> > carriage of a car?
> > Now go get a job, better yet, join the Army or even better the
> > Marines, they will take good care of you.
>
> You've got to keep them from getting under there. For passenger cars (lower
> ground clearance) this isn't a big problem. But for trucks and SUVs, they
> can tear thins up. What with the cost of exhaust system repairs, some
> prevention is wise.
>
> Skid plates can minimize quite a bit of damage. But the OEM equipment is
> rarely sufficient to protect the entire undercarriage. Preventing bicycles
> from getting underneath a vehicle is usually the wisest move. And probably
> the best way of doing this is to install a set of "Idaho Stop bars" (also
> sometimes called bull bars) on the front bumper. These catch the errant
> cyclist and keep them from sliding underneath the vehicle. As an added
> benefit, they protect the front grill and radiator from damage. And they
> are available with winch mounts. Very handy should you high center yourself
> on top of a couple of cyclists and need to pull yourself off.

This sounds like you making fun of soldiers blown to pieces by an IED
so they can keep "America free" --for the big fish to eat the little
fish.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 8, 2011, 8:29:37 AM3/8/11

Every big outing has some "minor incident" of this sort. If you don't
bow to pressure from the big fish, you are lunch. At best they ignore
like you are insignificant.

If you don't know it's WAR ZONE out there, I don't know where you've
been hiding (or perhaps it's because you drive an SUV and are a big
fish yourself)...

For more than 30 years, the government has been ramming cars into
walls in an effort to make car crashes safe. The public has been
conditioned to believe that seatbelts, airbags and more "crashworthy"
vehicles are the best ways to protect us from harm on the roads.
Meanwhile, the most basic strategies to deter dangerous driving and
prevent crashes have been ignored. "It's No Accident" provides a rare
glimpse into how the government got seduced by the promise of "safe
crashing." It then examines the major factors involved in crashes
today, including speeding, aggressive driving, distractions (e.g. cell
phones) and drowsy driving. The author reveals that many dangerous
behaviors are now promoted by businesses, and that drivers who kill
often walk away with just a small fine.

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/its-no-accident-the-real-story-behind-senseless-death-and-injury-on-our-roads/313110

***

I'd add that the government also turned a blind eye to trucks getting
bigger (Stupid Unnecessary Vehicles) and defeating the defenses built
into cars.

Simon Lewis

Mar 8, 2011, 8:34:34 AM3/8/11
"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit
Campaign" <comandan...@yahoo.com> writes:

As I said : you're an idiot.

What part of "in cycling on roads .." confused you?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 8, 2011, 9:22:00 AM3/8/11

There's no cycling on roads around here, which means the monkeys are
intimidated.

Then when you do ride on roads drivers try to intimidate you or simply
ignore you. And sometimes when you hold your ground and sometimes you
get tired of the whole grinding struggle and just quit.

Or choose a pretty area away from traffic.

Opus

Mar 8, 2011, 10:14:59 AM3/8/11
On Mar 7, 7:43 pm, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:
>snip<

> I too have to wonder if someone's attitude is a contributing factor.
> I don't believe that I have ever had a vehicle purposely "target" me.
> That would, after all, constitute attempted murder and whoever is the
> "target" should have surely called the police.
>
> Perhaps a new avocation for recreation for this person is in order.
>
> To claim PTSD because of ones OWN lack of respect for other drivers is
> asking a bit much.  And to place ANY sort of riding experiences into
> the same realm of military combat is, again, ludicrous.

I'm not "claiming" PTSD, I have it and have had it for almost a decade
now. And to quote one of the cops that used to "shadow" my return
commute when I was working 2nd shift, "Son, you are an idiot magnet."
Drivers lose their minds when they see me on "their" roads, even when
I'm 100% within the law doing exactly what I'm required to do by law.
And again, I have been in combat, and I ride a bike in a suburban
environment. I felt safer in actual combat, I had a real helmet (steel
pot) and something to shoot back with (after they let us carry live
ammo).

And I don't ride for recreation, I ride to get places, do shopping, go
to church. Things people "normally" do I do riding my bike. Including
grocery shopping for the week, you know "normal" stuff. I'm not out
there doing stunts in the middle of the road, I'm just trying to live
a normal suburban life, except without a car. The fact that when
people aren't trying to kill me I enjoy going places on my bike
doesn't make it recreation, it just makes my mode of transportation
"better" than other modes for my purposes.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 8, 2011, 10:24:59 AM3/8/11

Awesome, beautiful, superb! We all get the point, except those elitist
cyclists who think we are mundane and deserve what we get. Or they are
the same ones that drive an SUV to launch their bikes in a safe area,
where they are a greater part of the problem, not the solution.

Well, the ball is on their side now as I put up this challenge to my
fellow Miamians...

OK, my fellow Miamians, the situation is this, not that complicated at
all:

Some evil cyclists (just kidding) claim that all roads are rideable
and that not doing so amounts to cowardice or treason...

Well, I invite you to join me in the ride from Channel 7 to South
Beach and back to prove me wrong. I ain't doing it alone, that's for
sure. My Wisdom of the Jungle tells me that "stupidity is not rewarded
in the jungle." The fact that we do it in a group though doesn't prove
me wrong, it just proves the Wisdom of the Jungle right, ie. "there's
safety in numbers." Many cyclists do ride in packs (like wolves) and
forget the reality of the lonesome humble cyclist without lycra or
carbon bikes.

So let me know when we hit the road! Of course, it's a leisure ride
where you can do anything except block the road like Critical Mass.
Just TAKE THE LANE.

Harry Brogan

Mar 8, 2011, 11:49:45 AM3/8/11
On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 07:14:59 -0800 (PST), Opus <opust...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Mar 7, 7:43 pm, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>

What you "claimed" was that riding a bike was the root cause of your
PTSD. You did NOT mention that you already HAD it.

Say, maybe that's part of your own problem when these people in cars
"target" you.

As for the police "shadowing" you? Ever think that the reason is that
someone has called them to complain about YOUR actions?

Harry Brogan

Mar 8, 2011, 11:53:34 AM3/8/11
wrote:

>On Mar 7, 7:43 pm, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>

I will no longer respond to any more of your asinine comments. You go
right ahead and believe that people in cars are "targeting" you and
that your PTSD is enhanced by riding a bicycle.

It's jerks like you that give other ridersa bad name as YOU are the
one that, in all likelihood, is being the jerk when you ride.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Mar 8, 2011, 12:24:21 PM3/8/11

JNugent

Mar 8, 2011, 3:02:11 PM3/8/11

I thought so too; hence my question.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 8, 2011, 7:55:21 PM3/8/11

No, it was a question and not a statement.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 8, 2011, 7:56:20 PM3/8/11

You thought a directive was a statement?

Peter Keller

Mar 8, 2011, 10:11:32 PM3/8/11
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:24:21 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> On 07/03/2011 23:52, Peter Keller wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:24:51 +0000, Judith wrote:
>>

>>> Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors".
>>> (Daily Mail)
>>>
>> They make fucking awful donors.
>
> Now now, Peter, you know full well that Judith is trying desperately to
> make that true by repeating it, in lieu of it being actually, you know,
> true.

I know that.

I also know a certain A. Hitler used the same technique in the 30's and
40's. But the scary thing is, he was rather successful for a while. So
successful that about 40M people died..

Maybe that is what the Judy wants.

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 8, 2011, 11:16:36 PM3/8/11
On 3/8/2011 9:11 PM, Peter Keller wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:24:21 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

>>> They make fucking awful donors.
>>
>> Now now, Peter, you know full well that Judith is trying desperately to
>> make that true by repeating it, in lieu of it being actually, you know,
>> true.
>
> I know that.
>
> I also know a certain A. Hitler used the same technique in the 30's and
> 40's. But the scary thing is, he was rather successful for a while. So
> successful that about 40M people died..
>
> Maybe that is what the Judy wants.

Even us left-pondians know she is a kook.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 9, 2011, 7:12:44 AM3/9/11
On Mar 8, 11:53 am, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Mar 2011 07:14:59 -0800 (PST), Opus <opusthep...@gmail.com>

It ain't only him. ALL AMERICANS who ride on sidewalks or stay away
from cycling or take their bikes in the car to the launching place are
in fear of drivers. And that's probably 95% of Americans.

You reaction is very typical of rape victims as well: blame the
victims.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 9, 2011, 7:15:54 AM3/9/11
On Mar 8, 10:11 pm, Peter Keller <m...@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
> On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:24:21 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> >> They make fucking awful donors.
>
> > Now now, Peter, you know full well that Judith is trying desperately to
> > make that true by repeating it, in lieu of it being actually, you know,
> > true.
>
> I know that.
>
> I also know a certain A. Hitler used the same technique in the 30's and
> 40's.  But the scary thing is, he was rather successful for a while.  So
> successful that about 40M people died..
>
> Maybe that is what the Judy wants.

At least the Nazis never looked down on cyclists. ;)

Opus

Mar 9, 2011, 12:45:00 PM3/9/11
On Mar 8, 10:49 am, Harry Brogan <hbroga...@NOSPAMyahooNOSPAM.com>
wrote:
>snip<

> What you "claimed" was that riding a bike was the root cause of your
> PTSD.  You did NOT mention that you already HAD it.
>
> Say, maybe that's part of your own problem when these people in cars
> "target" you.
>
> As for the police "shadowing" you?  Ever think that the reason is that
> someone has called them to complain about YOUR actions?

You either have a poor memory, or you came late to the party, so let
me enlighten you. On the very early morning of August 31, 2001 I was
riding home from my 2nd shift job as a computer help desk operator. As
I entered the city limits of the town I live in a person driving a
white pickup truck the other way yelled out the window for me to get
of the (fornicating) road, Which is pretty much the last thing I
remember before waking up in the ambulance telling the punchline to a
bad joke about getting hit by a truck, because it was too late in the
day for the buses to be running. What witnesses later claimed was the
guy went down a couple cut-throughs on the median and made a u-turn,
then floored it and came back to hit me from behind at somewhere
between 45 and 65 MPH. Naturally this caused massive amounts of blunt
trauma and broken bones, and in spite of wearing a helmet (magic foam
hat) I had a minor bit of brain damage. Anyway I did nothing to
provoke this attack except riding my bike on the only way between my
job and my house after work. I had several routes I took home but all
of them had to run through this point about 5 miles from my home.
THAT'S why I have PTSD.

As for why the police "shadowed" me I have no idea what the initial
cause was, but the reason they continued was because drivers would do
really stupid things when they were around me, like turn right from
the left turn lane before the light changed, and there were frequent
drunk drivers on that route, I saw several of them pulled over as I
rode home after midnight. It was so bad that there would actually be
disputes about who could cover my commute home on a particular night,
and I would see cop cars waiting for me to pass as I went from one
jurisdiction to another once the word got around. Unfortunately the
town I live in was not one of those towns where the cops "shadowed" my
commute, and that was where I got hit, less than 1/2 mile from the
city limits. Before that though I would have an incident of a driver
passing too close, up to and including an incident where I was hit by
a passenger-side mirror, things thrown at me from moving vehicles, and
frequent verbal threats of violence from drivers and passengers in
motor vehicles, all in the town where I live in the last 5 miles of my
commute.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 9, 2011, 1:00:12 PM3/9/11

And on top of it all, Texas is one of those states the repealed the 3
feet law, which we enjoy as if it meant anything. It means nothing,
except --perhaps-- liability. No one will ever know for sure --except
God, if he cares or exists-- if those cars are passing you 3 1/2 feet
or 2 1/2 feet. Some of them do roar the motor to let you know they
ain't happy and that adds to the Traumatic and Permanent Stress. Yes,
unlike a war, you must live under that stress forever.

Just zis Guy, you know?

Mar 9, 2011, 3:58:40 PM3/9/11

Peter Keller

Mar 9, 2011, 5:49:53 PM3/9/11
On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:58:40 +0000, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> On 09/03/2011 03:11, Peter Keller wrote:

>>> Now now, Peter, you know full well that Judith is trying desperately
>>> to make that true by repeating it, in lieu of it being actually, you
>>> know, true.
>>
>> I know that.
>>
>> I also know a certain A. Hitler used the same technique in the 30's and
>> 40's. But the scary thing is, he was rather successful for a while.
>> So successful that about 40M people died..
>>
>> Maybe that is what the Judy wants.
>
> Leaving aside the Godwin element, the "lie repeated often enough becomes
> the truth" idea that Judith believes so fervently was Lenin, not Hitler.
> Hitler's one was the "Große Lüge" (Big Lie).

Thank you. I stand corrected. I knew I should have tried to stay awake
during history at school!
I also note that Lenin's "oft repeated lie" led directly or indirectly to
the deaths of millions in the famines and purges which followed the
establishment of the RFSFR and the Soviet Union.
So can we add Die Große Lüge to the Judithbot's armamentarium?

> - --

Just zis Guy, you know?

Mar 9, 2011, 6:33:26 PM3/9/11

Tºm Shermªn™ °_°

Mar 9, 2011, 7:22:06 PM3/9/11
On 3/9/2011 12:00 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the

I would not be surprised if Texas made it legal to run over cyclists on
the roads, considering the number of politicians with anti-social
personality disorder the state elects.

I say, let Texas succeed from the Union, if they want - get them out of
Congress and Presidential elections.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 9, 2011, 9:19:07 PM3/9/11
On Mar 9, 7:22 pm, Tºm Shermªn™ °_° <""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI

Not a bad idea. Let them annex Mexico so they can attack narcos not
cyclists.

Opus

Mar 10, 2011, 4:07:38 AM3/10/11
On Mar 9, 8:19 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the
Stop the Bullshit Campaign" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>snip<

> > > And on top of it all, Texas is one of those states the repealed the 3
> > > feet law, which we enjoy as if it meant anything. It means nothing,
> > > except --perhaps-- liability. No one will ever know for sure --except
> > > God, if he cares or exists-- if those cars are passing you 3 1/2 feet
> > > or 2 1/2 feet. Some of them do roar the motor to let you know they
> > > ain't happy and that adds to the Traumatic and Permanent Stress. Yes,
> > > unlike a war, you must live under that stress forever.
>
> > I would not be surprised if Texas made it legal to run over cyclists on
> > the roads, considering the number of politicians with anti-social
> > personality disorder the state elects.
>
> > I say, let Texas succeed from the Union, if they want - get them out of
> > Congress and Presidential elections.
>
> Not a bad idea. Let them annex Mexico so they can attack narcos not
> cyclists.

First of all, Perry vetoed a bill that had actually passed unanimously
through both houses because it "put too much punishment on drivers".
Second before you start wishing my state would go away could you let
me get out from under this mortgage first, and maybe recover a little
of the money we dumped in this hole?

Judith

Mar 10, 2011, 6:25:46 AM3/10/11
On Tue, 08 Mar 2011 17:24:21 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <g...@chapmancentral.co.uk> wrote:

>On 07/03/2011 23:52, Peter Keller wrote:
>> On Mon, 07 Mar 2011 17:24:51 +0000, Judith wrote:
>>

>>> Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors". (Daily
>>> Mail)
>>>
>> They make fucking awful donors.
>
>Now now, Peter, you know full well that Judith is trying desperately to
>make that true by repeating it, in lieu of it being actually, you know,
>true.

Hello it's Porky Chapman - of Lou Knee and lying fame; set any piglets running this week yet?

Are you just here to stir things up?

--

Total number of posts to URC from
IP Address:80.254.146.36 over 6 years = 7

Guy Chapman : 5
Lou Knee: 2

Coincidence?

Judith

Mar 10, 2011, 6:26:57 AM3/10/11

Yep - Sorry I keep repeating what the Daily Mail said:

--

Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors".
(Daily Mail)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1215131/ROBERT-HARDMAN-Lycra-louts-drive-crazy.html

Simon Mason

Mar 10, 2011, 6:38:36 AM3/10/11
On Mar 9, 12:15 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the
Stop the Bullshit Campaign" >
> At least the Nazis never looked down on cyclists. ;)- Hide quoted text -

I think they stole most of the Dutch folk's bikes and melted them down
to make into tanks etc. That why a common insult from a Dutchman to a
German is "where's my bike?"

--
Simon Mason

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 10, 2011, 8:37:29 AM3/10/11

Just save your bike and head West to Oregon while you can. ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 10, 2011, 8:42:14 AM3/10/11
On Mar 10, 6:26 am, Judith <jmsmith2...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Mar 2011 20:58:40 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?" <g...@chapmancentral.co.uk> wrote:

> >> I know that.
>
> >> I also know a certain A. Hitler used the same technique in the 30's and
> >> 40's.  But the scary thing is, he was rather successful for a while.  So
> >> successful that about 40M people died..
>
> >> Maybe that is what the Judy wants.
>
> >Leaving aside the Godwin element, the "lie repeated often enough becomes
> >the truth" idea that Judith believes so fervently was Lenin, not Hitler.
> >Hitler's one was the "Gro e L ge" (Big Lie).

> Yep - Sorry I keep repeating what the Daily Mail said:
>
> --
>
> Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors".
> (Daily Mail)
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1215131/ROBERT-HARDMAN-Lycr...

If my proposal goes further, drivers will be forced to eat on the spot
the cyclists they kill. It's a measure to "let it go down" that we are
human too.

It's similar to the idea of killing a roach and eating too!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 10, 2011, 8:49:20 AM3/10/11

They made a great effort to control the world by using stolen bikes
and slave labor.

Now the bicycles are made in China where there's no slave labor.

Would the world be riding bikes if the Nazis had won?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 10, 2011, 9:16:59 AM3/10/11
On Mar 10, 4:07 am, Opus <opusthep...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 9, 8:19 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the
> Stop the Bullshit Campaign" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> >snip<

> > > I would not be surprised if Texas made it legal to run over cyclists on
> > > the roads, considering the number of politicians with anti-social
> > > personality disorder the state elects.
>
> > > I say, let Texas succeed from the Union, if they want - get them out of
> > > Congress and Presidential elections.
>
> > Not a bad idea. Let them annex Mexico so they can attack narcos not
> > cyclists.
>
> First of all, Perry vetoed a bill that had actually passed unanimously
> through both houses because it "put too much punishment on drivers".

Let's face it, Texas doesn't consider cyclists as humans and the next
logical step would be to bring them to the gas chambers. Hey, don't be
terrified! It would be a quick, humane death compared to the grinding
suffering of riding in hostile traffic.

But, again, you can find some trail to Oregon while you can.

Peter Keller

Mar 10, 2011, 4:04:44 PM3/10/11
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:26:57 +0000, Judith wrote:

> Members of the medical profession refer to cyclists as "donors". (Daily
> Mail)

Repeated. Often.
It is still a lie though.
Heil Lenin!

<snip>

Peter Keller

Mar 10, 2011, 4:06:31 PM3/10/11
On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 11:25:46 +0000, Judith wrote:

> Hello it's Porky Chapman - of Lou Knee and lying fame; set any piglets
> running this week yet?
>
> Are you just here to stir things up?

Hagfishes live in fairly deep water where there is a soft muddy bottom
into which they can burrow. They have no paired fins nor scales; their
eyes are hidden under skin and they are almost blind. The surface of the
skin is particularly slimy since it is copiously supplied with mucus-
secreting glands. Hagfishes feed on some marine worms and crustaceans,
but they are best known for attacking dead and dying fish or fish trapped
in nets. Using the toothlike plates on the tongue and the single tooth in
the mouth, the hagfish bores into the prey's body and eats away all its
flesh and intestines, leaving only skin and bone.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 10, 2011, 7:42:45 PM3/10/11

Even the alligators look like the "good guys" compared to these slimy
fishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYRr_MrjebA

It seems like the mucus is a defense mechanism, so a cyclist with a
running nose may keep the predatory drivers away. When they blast the
horn at you, you sneeze at them or throw the Kleenex full of it to the
driver. Very interesting.