Coupons

The Real Bev

Feb 8, 2020, 3:48:46 PM2/8/20
I miss the days when grocery coupons were for something you actually
wanted to buy AND the supers would double -- sometimes even triple --
them.

--
Cheers, Bev
It doesn't matter who you vote for, the government always gets in.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 8, 2020, 4:38:19 PM2/8/20
I still use them when I can find ones that I like and need. But you're right,
the days of doubling and tripling are long gone. (sniff-sniff)

The Real Bev

Feb 9, 2020, 1:17:31 AM2/9/20
On 02/08/2020 01:38 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
> On Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 2:48:46 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
>>
>> I miss the days when grocery coupons were for something you actually
>> wanted to buy AND the supers would double -- sometimes even triple --
>> them.
>>
> I still use them when I can find ones that I like and need. But you're right,
> the days of doubling and tripling are long gone. (sniff-sniff)

Now mostly for P&G products and ridiculously expensive cheap cosmetics.
We don't subscribe to a newspaper, though, so maybe I'm actually
missing something. Not likely, though.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 9, 2020, 12:50:39 PM2/9/20
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 12:17:31 AM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

> Now mostly for P&G products and ridiculously expensive cheap cosmetics.
> We don't subscribe to a newspaper, though, so maybe I'm actually
> missing something. Not likely, though.

I don't subscribe to a newspaper either. I look for coupons at Coupons.com.
I select the ones I like and then print them off or I could just have them
clipped to my cellphone. BUT if I find a truly good one I will make a copy
of that one after I've printed them off.

The Real Bev

Feb 9, 2020, 2:39:48 PM2/9/20
The problem there is that those are all expensive brand-name products
which are, for the most part, available as generics for significantly
less than the coupon price :-(

You used to be able to get significant cents off store brand stuff :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
It's 95% of the lawyers making the other 5% look bad.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 9, 2020, 4:00:08 PM2/9/20
On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 1:39:48 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

> The problem there is that those are all expensive brand-name products
> which are, for the most part, available as generics for significantly
> less than the coupon price :-(
>
> You used to be able to get significant cents off store brand stuff :-(

I'm usually looking for Tidy Cats litter and snagged a $2 off coupon about
2 weeks ago of which I made a copy. There was also a $2 off coupon for
Nivea products of which I also made a copy of that one. I used it for their
'Soft' body cream which is great in the winter when the air is so dry; great
for the legs. Anyway, it is $4.68 at Walmart for a 6.8 ounce jar and the
coupon knocked it down to $2.68.

Sometimes I luck upon a coupon for dry cat food as well but some weeks there
is nothing I care to print off.