Diamonds ARE NOT RARE, Whatsoever!

St Georges Day April 23rd

Sep 20, 2008, 6:24:26 AM9/20/08
Diamonds are not rare, whatsoever! This might come as a shock to a
person who has just paid 1,000 dollars for a one-carat stone, but
there are enough diamonds in the world to give every man, woman, and
child in America a cupful. Although they have the best reputation,
diamonds are not the most expensive gemstone, either. A top-quality
ruby would be double the expense of a diamond of the same carat. A
diamond’s expense comes from a human-imposed drought rather than a
true drought. The whole theory of supply and demand plays very nicely
here into the hands of the diamond-governing corporations!

http://www.belgianexperts.com/diamonds.php

Hackamore

Oct 5, 2008, 12:13:50 AM10/5/08

it's true that the price of gem quality diamonds is manipulated...

as a travel agent I see grooms planning honeymoons (the groom is
responsible for the engagement ring, her ring, and the honeymoon) and
I've started offering a service locally (Memphis, Tennessee) where a
groom can shop for the stone he wants, get it priced, and bring me the
specs...

then I get him 2 stones 1 with comparable specs (but for much less, and
one with a comparable price (but much better specs, people usually want
size) and I charge a consulting fee of 100$...

on a 1 carat stone I can usually either save him 500-1500$ or get about
25% more size.

--

>>>==>> Hackamore <<==<<<
http://www.hackamore.com/
http://hackamoretravel.blogspot.com/

A 'Nam Veteran

Oct 6, 2008, 10:43:54 AM10/6/08
In article <p-ydnf70royfonXV...@comcast.com>,
Hackamore <hackamor...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> St Georges Day April 23rd wrote:
> > Diamonds are not rare, whatsoever! This might come as a shock to a
> > person who has just paid 1,000 dollars for a one-carat stone, but
> > there are enough diamonds in the world to give every man, woman, and
> > child in America a cupful. Although they have the best reputation,
> > diamonds are not the most expensive gemstone, either. A top-quality
> > ruby would be double the expense of a diamond of the same carat. A

> > diamond零 expense comes from a human-imposed drought rather than a

> > true drought. The whole theory of supply and demand plays very nicely
> > here into the hands of the diamond-governing corporations!
> >
> > http://www.belgianexperts.com/diamonds.php
>
> Hi,
>
> it's true that the price of gem quality diamonds is manipulated...
>
> as a travel agent I see grooms planning honeymoons (the groom is
> responsible for the engagement ring, her ring, and the honeymoon) and
> I've started offering a service locally (Memphis, Tennessee) where a
> groom can shop for the stone he wants, get it priced, and bring me the
> specs...
>
> then I get him 2 stones 1 with comparable specs (but for much less, and
> one with a comparable price (but much better specs, people usually want
> size) and I charge a consulting fee of 100$...
>
> on a 1 carat stone I can usually either save him 500-1500$ or get about
> 25% more size.

What about "blood" diamonds ?
Worth supporting killing?
--
Money; What a concept !

Hackamore

Oct 9, 2008, 1:18:14 AM10/9/08

I get my diamonds from Israel these days... used to get them from
Antwerp... I have no idea and no care where they came from before they
were cut and polished.

Macuser

Dec 17, 2008, 10:13:27 AM12/17/08
Lab diamonds are growing in popularity, availability and getting cheaper to
manufacture. Expect slow erosion in DeBeers' death grip on the diamond
market.

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."