Hey, I'm Spending !

Nove...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2009, 6:33:24 PM2/21/09
I have decided to spend some money NOW before the massive inflation
appears. I'm buying that expensive beer now, at $27 a case, because
it's going to cost $33 next year if massive inflation kicks in.

tween...@mypacks.net

Feb 21, 2009, 6:58:16 PM2/21/09

IF?

JR Weiss

Feb 21, 2009, 7:12:43 PM2/21/09
<Nove...@aol.com> wrote...

> I have decided to spend some money NOW before the massive inflation
> appears. I'm buying that expensive beer now, at $27 a case, because
> it's going to cost $33 next year if massive inflation kicks in.

Great idea, but only if you don't drink it 'til next year...

Nove...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2009, 7:24:02 PM2/21/09
On Feb 21, 4:12 pm, "JR Weiss" <jrwe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> <Novea...@aol.com> wrote...

I'll have the memory.

Rod Speed

Feb 21, 2009, 8:04:52 PM2/21/09
Nove...@aol.com wrote:

You wouldnt know what massive inflation was if it bit you on your lard arse.

John A. Weeks III

Feb 21, 2009, 8:24:18 PM2/21/09
In article
<98a97d93-602e-464c...@w34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
Nove...@aol.com wrote:

What massive inflation? Economists are worried about deflation
right now. Prices are dropping, and interest rates could barely
go any lower. If you keep spreading that kind of BS, you are
going to scare people.

-john-

John A. Weeks III           612-720-2854            jo...@johnweeks.com
Newave Communications                         http://www.johnweeks.com

Nove...@aol.com

Feb 21, 2009, 11:11:09 PM2/21/09

> What massive inflation? Economists are worried about deflation
> right now. Prices are dropping, and interest rates could barely
> go any lower. If you keep spreading that kind of BS, you are
> going to scare people.
>
> -john-

As long as I can keep my job at my current wages, and mobs aren't
running around pillaging and raping, then bring on the
deflation !!! I like prices dropping. But I haven't seen any
price drops whatsoever. Yes, the prices have come down somewhat with
cost of gas, but not all the way down to where they were before. I'd
call that inflation.

What I am hearing and reading is that the printing of money by the
US Treasury to pay for Stimulus 1, 2 and 3, plus bailouts 1, 2, 3 ad
infinitum, will cause 10% to 20% inflation starting around year 2010.

I really don't think they know what's going to happen.

John A. Weeks III

Feb 22, 2009, 1:42:08 AM2/22/09
In article
<ed30f106-72f8-4bb6...@p13g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
Nove...@aol.com wrote:

> > What massive inflation? Economists are worried about deflation
> > right now. Prices are dropping, and interest rates could barely
> > go any lower. If you keep spreading that kind of BS, you are
> > going to scare people.
> >
> > -john-
> >

> As long as I can keep my job at my current wages, and mobs aren't
> running around pillaging and raping, then bring on the
> deflation !!! I like prices dropping. But I haven't seen any
> price drops whatsoever. Yes, the prices have come down somewhat with
> cost of gas, but not all the way down to where they were before. I'd
> call that inflation.

I'd say that gas dropping by more than 50% and the continual price
drop on technology, plus houses having dropped 10% to 25% would
all be considered to be price drops. Even more remarkable is that
inflation stood at near zero even when gas prices were shooting
up. The only way that can happen is if everything else is dropping
in price by an equal amount.

> What I am hearing and reading is that the printing of money by the
> US Treasury to pay for Stimulus 1, 2 and 3, plus bailouts 1, 2, 3 ad
> infinitum, will cause 10% to 20% inflation starting around year 2010.

If that were true, wouldn't the trillions of dollars that the
Bush administration printed be causing inflation today? It
hasn't, and inflation is so low as to be a non-factor.

Clincher

Feb 22, 2009, 8:45:08 AM2/22/09

<Nove...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> What massive inflation? Economists are worried about deflation
>> right now. Prices are dropping, and interest rates could barely
>> go any lower. If you keep spreading that kind of BS, you are
>> going to scare people.
>>
>> -john-
>>

> As long as I can keep my job at my current wages [...] bring on the

> deflation !!! I like prices dropping.

Your "current wage" is a price too - the price of your labor.

You won't get to have it both ways.

Jeff

Feb 22, 2009, 11:15:39 AM2/22/09

Where do you hear that from? From some wingnut? Pony up some names.

Treasury has a steady stream of buyers even at the very very low
rates they are offering. Prices on big ticket items are in free fall as
demand evaporates, almost. The classic things that cause inflation are,
if anything, pointing toward deflation.

> I really don't think they know what's going to happen.

I really don't think *you* know what is going to happen.

What's the deal with worrying about .87T in Stimulus now, when you
didn't care when W run up the deficit over 6T, a lot of that in
relatively good years.

It's a funny religion you have, not worrying about massive unneeded
Republican spending, and now worrying about government spending when
there is no one else that can step up to the plate. Business is in full
retrench mode, consumers are tapped out and in debt. Where do you think
stimulus is going to come from? More of the same tax cuts to the rich
that ruined the deficit and the country? Much of that the uber rich
spent buying up derivatives which are now weighing heavily on the
economy. What do you think took down AIG? W pursued a money giveaway
when there was no reason to, it has wrecked the economy with no tangible
benefit. Are even the wealthy better off now that their investments are
collapsing?

Lets face it, your guys track record is incredibly poor. All you have
to to hang on to is fear and ideology. Will your side ever own up to
it's mistakes.

Jeff

Parallax

Feb 22, 2009, 11:49:20 AM2/22/09
John A. Weeks III wrote:
> In article
> <98a97d93-602e-464c...@w34g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
> Nove...@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I have decided to spend some money NOW before the massive inflation
>> appears. I'm buying that expensive beer now, at $27 a case, because
>> it's going to cost $33 next year if massive inflation kicks in.
>
> What massive inflation? Economists are worried about deflation
> right now. Prices are dropping, and interest rates could barely
> go any lower.

Tell that to Capital One
http://preview.tinyurl.com/bkboqx

John A. Weeks III

Feb 22, 2009, 2:31:26 PM2/22/09
In article <kmfol.951$tw4...@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
Parallax <Parallax-G@???????.com> wrote:

What does that have to do with anything? Sub-prime and unsecured
debt is always going to carry a higher than prime interest rate.

Joe Negron

Feb 22, 2009, 5:06:32 PM2/22/09
On 2009-02-22, John A. Weeks III <jo...@johnweeks.com> wrote:
>I'd say that gas dropping by more than 50% and the continual price
>drop on technology, plus houses having dropped 10% to 25% would
>all be considered to be price drops. Even more remarkable is that
>inflation stood at near zero even when gas prices were shooting
>up. The only way that can happen is if everything else is dropping
>in price by an equal amount.

All true - but what of grocery prices? I don't know about conventional
groceries, but the prices of almost all of the organic groceries we buy
have risen in the last six months or so.

Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.
--Seneca

War is good for business - invest your son.
--antiwar bumper sticker from the 1960s
Joe Negron from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, NY, USA

Nove...@aol.com

Feb 22, 2009, 8:13:50 PM2/22/09
Wow, someone assumes I like Bush. I can't stand Bush. Or the Repubs
who spent like unfrugal drunks on shore leave.

I admit I do not know what is going to happen.

Names of people calling for inflation : just people who call
themnselves experts, on radio talk shows. And most of the generic
"economists" on TV. One guy who is calling for DEflation is Mish
Shedlock, an econmist with a website. I think Gerald Celente (a "trend
analyst") is calling for inflation. Anyway they don't know, IMO, as I
do not know, what will happpen.

What I have seen with my own eyes is the price of food going way up
with gas prices, and not coming back down to previous levels, usually.
Some of the food did indeed come back to the same level, but most
stayed high. Tuna in cans : they shrunk the can size and increased
the price. Tuna is still higher even with oil at $40 a barrel. Bread
is way up, even with the supposed decrease in commodities (grains ,
for example). Some food did come back to normal. My treasured
grapefruits came back down to their previous cost of 20 cents each
(very cheap imo, and very happy about it). They were up to 33 cents
each when oil was high..

Motor oil : way up. never came down a cent after oil plunged. One
quart of Walmart oil before oil surge was $1.75 or so. At height of
surge went to $2.27 per quart. Still $2.27 per quart.

Housing prices are dropping. Good !!!! Who wants to pay more for a
house? Not me. And no, I do NOT want my house price to be high, since
I do not want to sell, and since I do not want my property taxes going
up. And I do not want to waste money taking out a home equity loan on
it !! Why? Because I am frugal.

BTW, there was PLENTY of inflation under Bush.

John A. Weeks III

Feb 23, 2009, 1:01:41 AM2/23/09
In article <gnsi95$ddh$2...@solani.org>, Joe Negron <jne...@XsonicX.net>
wrote:

> All true - but what of grocery prices? I don't know about conventional
> groceries, but the prices of almost all of the organic groceries we buy
> have risen in the last six months or so.

Think of it like popcorn. Various kernels pop up and fall down,
but at no time do any of the kernels escape from the pot. Prices
are the same way. Some go up, some go down. If a prices goes too
far one way, forces of supply and demand reign it in. Gas was up
for a while, now it is back down, food is up, and now that gas is
back down, food should come back down. Then something else will
go up. Overall, on the average, prices are about the same.

Jeff

Feb 23, 2009, 2:23:47 AM2/23/09
John A. Weeks III wrote:
> In article <gnsi95$ddh$2...@solani.org>, Joe Negron <jne...@XsonicX.net>
> wrote:
>
>> All true - but what of grocery prices? I don't know about conventional
>> groceries, but the prices of almost all of the organic groceries we buy
>> have risen in the last six months or so.
>
> Think of it like popcorn. Various kernels pop up and fall down,
> but at no time do any of the kernels escape from the pot. Prices
> are the same way. Some go up, some go down. If a prices goes too
> far one way, forces of supply and demand reign it in. Gas was up
> for a while, now it is back down, food is up, and now that gas is
> back down, food should come back down.

I think there is a bit more to that. I can't help but wonder what
ethanol has done to raising corn demand and prices. In many cases corn
is replacing other crops and driving their prices up also.

It's such a stupid policy. Bio Diesel is a much better target if they
have to make fuel out of food.

A quick Google search yields this on ethanol:

http://www.thecherrycreeknews.com/content/view/1417/2/

I suspect now that we have a president who isn't an idiot, we may
eventually have a more sensible energy policy.

Jeff

Lady Nightingale 7

Feb 23, 2009, 10:23:33 PM2/23/09
LOL...u're funny. Unless u'll quit...all the beers' fan will keep
continuing purchase beer even the price already up. Efforts are
already underway to increase the existing excise tax rate on beer
within Oregon. A number of legislators have indicated the state’s beer
tax should be increased to provide additional revenue to alcohol and
drug abuse programs.

Lady Nightingale 7

Perhaps, this is a good reason to start a healthier life...free from
alcohol ahaks!; http://www.gamestotal.com, http://uc.gamestotal.com,
http://gc.gamestotal.com, http://3700ad.gamestotal.com, http://manga.gamestotal.com

Stephen

Feb 25, 2009, 1:00:19 AM2/25/09

What will you if the price of beer goes at $22 next year?

John A. Weeks III

Feb 25, 2009, 8:57:18 AM2/25/09
In article
<ebc9dae1-7377-4a84...@z9g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
Stephen <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Then he will find some other drivel to post like another made
up conspiracy story or more truck stop talk.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Rod Speed

Feb 26, 2009, 3:35:38 AM2/26/09
josej...@ssnet.net wrote
> Nove...@aol.com wrote

>> What I am hearing and reading is that the printing of money by the
>> US Treasury to pay for Stimulus 1, 2 and 3, plus bailouts 1, 2, 3 ad
>> infinitum, will cause 10% to 20% inflation starting around year 2010.

>> I really don't think they know what's going to happen.

> One economist is predicating hyperinflation in about 18 months

More fool that fool. Taint gunna happen, you watch.

> and the U.S. may default on it's foreign loans.

Not a chance, you watch.

> I plan to buy some extra staples such as flour, sugar,
> powered milk and rice some time in the next few months.

More fool you. That wont save you even if there is hyperinflation.

> I know that Mormons keep a big stash of beans or wheat or something

They are also stupid enough to believe that some fool got handed some
tablets of gold that he managed to translate, even tho he had no knowledge
of the language they were written in, and then handed them back etc.

If you're actually stupid enough to believe that, you'll believe anything.

> maybe I should pretend to join the church so I can get discount on such things.

They dont sell them at a discount to their suckers.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted