I have a Tolilet Flush Idea...

marco polo

Mar 5, 2011, 9:56:51 PM3/5/11
hi all,

since I really haven't done any research,
this idea of mine may have been thought of long ago...

It's fairly simple, I think -- 2 water tank flush modes:
one for poop, and one for urine only.
I think urine can get by with much less water,
whereas poop needs a certain minimum.

I think this would save a lot of water over the long haul.
Now incorporating this into toilets is another thing.
The idea came from my father, years ago,
who never flushed if it was just pee, only poop.

marc

Rod Speed

Mar 5, 2011, 10:04:11 PM3/5/11
marco polo wrote

> hi all,

all hanged himself, got too many posts.

> since I really haven't done any research, this
> idea of mine may have been thought of long ago...

It was indeed.

> It's fairly simple, I think -- 2 water tank flush modes:
> one for poop, and one for urine only.

You can buy them right now, often called dual flush.

> I think urine can get by with much less water,
> whereas poop needs a certain minimum.

> I think this would save a lot of water over the long haul.

Yes it does, but nothing like as much as is used on gardens.

> Now incorporating this into toilets is another thing.

Its easy enough. It doesnt actually use two tanks, just two
different amounts of water are released from the single tank.

> The idea came from my father, years ago,
> who never flushed if it was just pee, only poop.

Not very salubrious if you drop a decent sized turd and get a splash.

Bob F

Mar 5, 2011, 10:08:30 PM3/5/11

Brilliant! Brilliant!

My several year old toilet had that from day one.

AndyS

Mar 8, 2011, 1:24:40 AM3/8/11

Andy suggests:
Here's an idea that will save even more water, and you
can use your existing toilet:

Pee in the back yard ---- crap in the indoor toilet.....

....of course, if you live in an apartment, you will need to
be on an upper floor....

Andy in Eureka, Texas

Lamumba

Mar 8, 2011, 12:27:32 PM3/8/11
In article
<f899cd70-5119-4c45...@b13g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
AndyS <jungl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hello/ from Eureka, CA
I find peeing around the fish pond, discourages the raccoon. Maybe the
deer.
--
Karma, What a concept!