Warning about United Parcel Service UPS

NaderFan

Mar 20, 2009, 2:56:20 PM3/20/09
Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.

UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and just
drop stuff outside your residence.

UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
have encountered.

Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
residence by UPS employees.

FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
package and is always on time.

I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am simply
reporting my experiences.

albu...@mailinator.com

Mar 20, 2009, 8:58:24 PM3/20/09

Well, then you will make the logical consumer choice and use FedEX.
I have never experienced any problems with UPS. They are always
extremely cooperative and efficient. They use a protocol for insuring
proper delivery. I suppose that if you insured the item they might
seek a signature more vigorously. On the other hand, if the shipment
is something without commercial value, they might just take the chance
it would not be stolen. I don't know. Al I know is I have no problem
with them.

spendwize.com

Mar 21, 2009, 2:49:42 PM3/21/09
On the other side of the coin, I have had deliveries dropped outside my
door - the drivers don't even ring the bell to signal they are (were) here
- in the dead of winter and I didn't discover the packages until the next
morning- after they had frozen- one time it was a delivery of flowers! I
agree --even USPS service is better than UPS these days!
xxxxo
-------------------------------------
NaderFan wrote:

Delivered via http://www.spendwize.com http://www.spendwize.com/groups/
Consumer News and Discussions Platform of the Net
misc.consumers.frugal-living - 34922 messages and counting!

albu...@mailinator.com

Mar 21, 2009, 7:38:42 PM3/21/09
On Mar 21, 1:49 pm, info_at_1-script_dot_...@foo.com (spendwize.com)
wrote:

> On the other side of the coin, I have had deliveries dropped outside my
> door - the drivers don't even ring the bell to signal they are (were) here
> - in the dead of winter and I didn't discover the packages until the next
> morning- after they had frozen- one time it was a delivery of flowers! I
> agree --even USPS service is better than UPS these days!
> xxxxo
> -------------------------------------
>
> NaderFan wrote:
> > Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
> > obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.
> > UPS drivers routinely ignore instructions to require signature and just
> > drop stuff outside your residence.
> > UPS drivers are rude,unprofessional and bad drivers, least the ones I
> > have encountered.
> > Following complaints to UPS I had harassing phone calls made to my
> > residence by UPS employees.
> > FedEx on the other hand has always been professional, never lost a
> > package and is always on time.
> > I have no profit motive or affiliation with either company, I am simply
> > reporting my experiences.
>
> ##-----------------------------------------------##
> Delivered viahttp://www.spendwize.comhttp://www.spendwize.com/groups/

> Consumer News and Discussions Platform of the Net
> Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup -
> misc.consumers.frugal-living - 34922 messages and counting!
> ##-----------------------------------------------##

Does the USPS handle flowers?
UPS clearly states that they will drop flowers at the destination
without signature rather than have to come back a second day with
perishable products. Fed/Ex charges $2 extra for the signature on
flowers.
Shippers and receivers need to read the policy and cannot expect
something else because it would be nice or because of the weather.
In my case, I know when a package is coming so I check the delivery
tracking system, which works very well. I can see how you got
blindsided if the flowers were a surprise and the shipper did not take
the time to observe the policy or took the risk regardless.

JJ8932

Mar 22, 2009, 12:26:22 AM3/22/09
Agree totally. UPS SUCKS big time. Had them lose several packages.

bigal

Mar 23, 2009, 6:00:32 PM3/23/09
albu...@mailinator.com wrote in

When I pay to have something shipped, I expect the carrier to deliver it
to ME, not to a neighbor and not to leave the package outside. That is
definitely negligent service. Commercial value to who? Never mind all
the trouble it would take to get it replaced. Sure you don't work for
UPS?

albu...@mailinator.com

Mar 23, 2009, 6:57:00 PM3/23/09
On Mar 23, 5:00 pm, bigal <bi...@gmail.com> wrote:

No, I don't work for UPS. Actually, I'd rather use USPS myself for the
record.
I don't have the luxury of staying home all day to wait for a package
and I'm willing to take the risk of a package being left at the door
when the value is low. If I have to drive down to the UPS office to
pick my package up, it cost me time and money. My time is worth
something.

Message has been deleted

NaderFan

Mar 29, 2009, 5:04:50 PM3/29/09
On 29 Mar 2009, you wrote in misc.consumers.frugal-living:

> Nade...@MoralWorld.net (NaderFan) wrote:
>> Twice now I have had persishable products arrive via UPS that had
>> obviously been left in the sun, hot to the touch.
>

> Out of curiosity, were the packages clearly marked "keep cool?"

I believe the packages were purposely left on the dash of the vehicle or
near the roof to overheat them. They were clearly marked as to type of
contents (perishable). Since then I have had deliveries where the UPISS
drivers are claiming they made multiple attempts when they have not.

These guys must belong to some union, because they act like they don't
give a shit one way or another what the customer thinks and they cannot
follow even their own company's protocol. A sorry lot indeed.