"Planet of the Humans" (2019)

leno...@yahoo.com

Apr 23, 2020, 4:07:23 PM4/23/20

Haven't watched it yet, but all I can say is...if the producer, Michael Moore, was willing to stick out his neck like this (his fans just might attack him for it) I'd better darn watch it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE

leno...@yahoo.com

Apr 23, 2020, 4:23:15 PM4/23/20
And here's the Guardian review:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/apr/22/planet-of-the-humans-review-environment-michael-moore-jeff-gibbs

While the movie may be scant on solutions, I would hope that at least one principle we can agree on is that shopping, as a rule, is bad for the environment, because even second-hand goods need to be transported. Just because one may be rich does not make it ethical to buy things that one hardly even wants. There's a good reason that the first rule is "reduce," not "recycle." The same goes for using gas or electricity when you could wear a sweater or engage in non-electrical entertainment.

Not to mention that children are supposed to be deeply wanted, not just lightly wanted, by both parents, so maybe people shouldn't have them until can live up to that standard AND raise them in a safe environment. Also, if you can't think of anyone who would happily raise them should you die (clearly a very important issue if you're thinking of becoming a single parent), you just may have to forfeit the glory.

Lenona.

leno...@yahoo.com

Apr 23, 2020, 4:32:17 PM4/23/20
To clarify, here's something from blogger Sylvia D. Lucas that everyone who's considering having kids should read - even lesbian couples, IMO.

"He Says He Wants Kids – But Does He Mean, 'I want YOU to have kids'?"

https://sylviadlucas.wordpress.com/2012/01/12/he-says-he-wants-kids/

Lenona.

Bob F

Apr 23, 2020, 4:54:31 PM4/23/20
On 4/23/2020 1:07 PM, leno...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Haven't watched it yet, but all I can say is...if the producer, Michael Moore, was willing to stick out his neck like this (his fans just might attack him for it) I'd better darn watch it.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE

Then go see the discussion between Moore, the filmmaker and the writer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBGcEK8FD3w