VIRGIN MOBILE CANADA /DISAPPOINTED WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE, PLANS etc.

meteore

Feb 6, 2009, 12:49:58 PM2/6/09

Several years ago I needed a phone just to keep in the car in the
event of an emergency. I had no need for a phone otherwise.

I chose Virgin Mobile Canada, because they had the plan, where you
purchased a card and it was good for three months. No other fees were
necessary. It suited me, because I spent the winters down south.

I took the phone down south and found out it didn't work there, even
though Virgin Mobile is located down south. I was forced to buy
another phone and buy another card.

Later on returning to Canada I changed the plan on the internet in
error. I called Virgin Mobile Canada a few minutes later and they
refused to give me a credit.

Sometime later They changed plan in Canada about $11.00 per month and
you bought time which lasted indefinitely.

Recently I checked the internet for plans and found out again the plan
I wanted does not exist anymore and they still deduct so much for use
of the phone plus I have to buy time, which costs so much for month or
if I prepay it for the year my phone would cost me about $25.00 per
month including taxes just for sitting underneath the driver's seat.

Needless to say I immediately cancelled my service with this company,
one day before they automatically deducted the monthly fee.

I have no complaints otherwise, as I used the phone maybe once in five
months to see if it was still working.

I am now stuck with two Virgin phones and cannot sell or get rid of
them.

I would never go with Virgin again in Canada, as their service is not
inexpensive as they like you to believe.

Meteore
.

SMS

Feb 6, 2009, 2:39:03 PM2/6/09
meteore wrote:

> I would never go with Virgin again in Canada, as their service is not
> inexpensive as they like you to believe.

Same in the U.S.. Of course figuring out how much it actually costs is a
chore because their web site is intentionally convoluted.

Not many prepaid services work in both the U.S. and Canada. T-Mobile can
roam in Canada, as can PagePlus (even though they don't state this on
their web site). It's expensive, but for an occasional call it'd be okay.

The other problem with Virgin in the U.S. is that it's on the Sprint
1900 MHz PCS network _only_ with no roaming onto other CDMA networks.
That's okay if you're in Sprint areas, but Sprint has no native coverage
in a lot of areas. I just love the way Virgin addresses this:

"Does Virgin Mobile coverage include roaming?

With Virgin Mobile, there is no roaming. No roaming means no roaming
charges."

Funny stuff!

I also heard that Tracfone will roam in Canada, at no extra cost, though
their web site is no help in confirming if it's true or how much it costs.