Canon MG3620 printer, scanner and copier / HP 11.6" Chromebook

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2019, 2:55:03 AM7/22/19

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 22, 2019, 12:52:01 PM7/22/19
On Monday, July 22, 2019 at 1:55:03 AM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Has anyone tried those?:
>
> https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20190721&page=6

I've got a 6 year old 11 inch Acer Chromebook. What do you want to know?

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2019, 3:33:47 PM7/22/19
Thank you for your quick and informative reply.

Do you have any complaints?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 22, 2019, 8:05:51 PM7/22/19
Some things I want to download but it would not accept but their system is
web based meaning you don't need to buy virus protection. It's based on
the Linux kernel and might be more receptive to new programs than the one I
have.

I only use mine when I might have a laptop problem or my wireless modem is
acting like a fool. Funny, when I could not get online because my modem
was fried the Chromebook would connect with no problem. It's a much more
simple system and easier to connect than a Windows machine. When I say
easier to connect I mean it does not require all the different channels
that a Windows machine requires to use wireless. I was flabbergasted when
it would connect and my laptop would not and that's when I found it connected
much more simply than my W-10 doorstop.

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2019, 1:07:21 AM7/24/19
Thank you again.

I'm really not into computers, so I am wondering if it's something I can buy, take home and get it to work easily.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 24, 2019, 1:18:51 PM7/24/19
On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 12:07:21 AM UTC-5, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm really not into computers, so I am wondering if it's something I can buy, take home and get it to work easily.

It's simple enough to set up.

Dennis

Jul 24, 2019, 4:04:00 PM7/24/19
As long as you are doing basic stuff, yes. But it can be a real
challenge to print documents directly from the Chrombook (I usually
just save them to my Google Drive, then print them from my Windows
PC.)

Also, I have yet to be able to connect my Chromebook to a Windows
network share, although that may be a problem on my particular model
(an older Toshiba), since the web says it's supposed to work. (No
problem connecting to the same Windows share from my Linux box,
Android tablet or phone.)
Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 24, 2019, 5:11:20 PM7/24/19
On Wednesday, July 24, 2019 at 3:04:00 PM UTC-5, Dennis wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jul 2019 10:18:48 -0700 (PDT), ItsJoan NotJoann
> <itsjoan...@webtv.net> wrote:
>
> >It's simple enough to set up.
>
> As long as you are doing basic stuff, yes. But it can be a real
> challenge to print documents directly from the Chrombook (I usually
> just save them to my Google Drive, then print them from my Windows
> PC.)

YES! When I first got it to play with at work I found it challenging as it
would not do things my, at the time, Windows 7 laptop would do. Same problem
with Windows 10. I found it a bit of a pain when I had to go hunt for some-
thing in a file.

I realized it's best, at least for me, to use it for e-mail at work at that
time. It has been a help when I had a problem last year with my ASUS W-10
laptop. It enabled me to troubleshoot a fix and keep the laptop out of the
shop.

> Also, I have yet to be able to connect my Chromebook to a Windows
> network share, although that may be a problem on my particular model
> (an older Toshiba), since the web says it's supposed to work. (No
> problem connecting to the same Windows share from my Linux box,
> Android tablet or phone.)
> Dennis (evil)

I didn't try any of that, just used it to access mail, these groups, banking,
etc. I got a notice several months ago that support for my 6 year old Acer
Chromebook was being withdrawn and time to buy another one. When it officially
dies then I might spring for another one just to have a back up to this ASUS.
They're cheap enough to have a back up when your full time pc acts like a fool.

gggg...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2019, 11:43:18 PM7/26/19
On Sunday, July 21, 2019 at 8:55:03 PM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Has anyone tried those?:
>
> https://weeklyad.target.com/promotions?code=Target-20190721&page=6

Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.