Free lifeline phone through ATT?

Tennessee Tony

Feb 11, 2010, 10:08:14 AM2/11/10
I have a SafeLink TracFone that I got for free and it's getting close to
the time to enroll again. I'm trying to get a better phone to use and I
hear ATT has the same program, but I can't find where to sign up. Any
hints out there? Or any way to get my SafeLink service switched to a
different cell phone?

I did sign up for ATT's discounted landline service but looking for the
free wireless service.

Message has been deleted

Tennessee Tony

Feb 11, 2010, 2:53:18 PM2/11/10
Balvenieman wrote:

> Tennessee Tony <tenness...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Or any way to get my SafeLink service switched to a
>> different cell phone?
>>
> no

>> I did sign up for ATT's discounted landline service but looking for the
>> free wireless service.
> Neither Safelink or Lifeline is free; they are paid for by those
> telephone subscribers who believe in actually paying for services they
> use, via the unavoidable "universal service fee (tax)". Just because you
> are freeloading doesn't make something "free".

Actually tax money doesn't support the wireless program. It preys on
those who get a free phone, use up all their free minutes, then the
suckers buy additional minutes at 20 cents/minute.

terrable

Feb 11, 2010, 11:13:10 PM2/11/10

"Tennessee Tony" <tenness...@gmail.com> wrote in message

It says at the SafeLink website: "SafeLink Wireless applies the Universal
Service Fund subsidy to an allotment of free airtime minutes."

We are forced by the US Government to pay into the USF, so it is a tax. Your
free is paid for by our forced tax.

Tennessee Tony

Feb 12, 2010, 9:32:01 AM2/12/10

Well in that case... Thanks!

RickMerrill

Feb 13, 2010, 11:50:04 AM2/13/10

All cell phones are required to work for 911 calls, even if there is no
subscription paid or in force!