Car rental?

KenK

Nov 8, 2013, 10:23:47 AM11/8/13
My pickup is in the shop and I'd like to rent a little car until it's
fixed. I Googled with no review or rate success - many sites say they
supply rates but I can't figure out how to view them.

Any suggestions you've had good luck with? I have no idea how long I'll
need it. Estimated daily rate & milage? In Yuma AZ if it matters.

TIA

Mrs Irish Mike

Nov 8, 2013, 11:27:10 AM11/8/13
On Friday, November 8, 2013 7:23:47 AM UTC-8, KenK wrote:
> My pickup is in the shop and I'd like to rent a little car until it's
>
> fixed. I Googled with no review or rate success - many sites say they
>
> supply rates but I can't figure out how to view them.
>

> Any suggestions you've had good luck with? I have no idea how long I'll
>
> need it. Estimated daily rate & milage? In Yuma AZ if it matters.

Really? Go to HotWire.com . Select rent a car. Tell them you want to pick up a car at Yuma, Az. Rent the car for a week, for best price. Then choose which car you want. After six days or so, if you want to continue renting, you have to do the same routine over. All rentals are unlimited miles.

KenK

Nov 8, 2013, 11:38:19 AM11/8/13
KenK <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in news:XnsA272556B3DB78invalidcom@
130.133.4.11:

> My pickup is in the shop and I'd like to rent a little car until it's
> fixed. I Googled with no review or rate success - many sites say they
> supply rates but I can't figure out how to view them.
>
> Any suggestions you've had good luck with? I have no idea how long I'll
> need it. Estimated daily rate & milage? In Yuma AZ if it matters.
>
> TIA

What I'd like is just a list of US (Yuma?) car rental services with daily
rates. No need to specify dates, etc.

Mrs Irish Mike

Nov 8, 2013, 12:02:35 PM11/8/13
That's not how the car rental biz works. When they have an abundance of cars the price goes down. The prices change daily and I have seen them change hourly.

HotWire and others, allow you to see multiple companies at the same time. Plug in single dates and see what happens. Try tomorrow, and then try the next day. Try Saturday or Sunday. Often one day rental can be nearly the same as a week. Play around until you get a feel for what you want,

With HotWire, you have to pay upfront. Sometimes I will get a price from a site like HotWire, then go to the individual car rental site and find they match the price. Car rental company reservations do not require payment upfront.

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 8, 2013, 2:42:28 PM11/8/13
In article <XnsA272556B3D...@130.133.4.11>,
KenK <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:

> My pickup is in the shop and I'd like to rent a little car until it's
> fixed. I Googled with no review or rate success - many sites say they
> supply rates but I can't figure out how to view them.
>
> Any suggestions you've had good luck with? I have no idea how long I'll
> need it. Estimated daily rate & milage? In Yuma AZ if it matters.
>
> TIA

doesn't your shop have a special deal with one or more of the local
rental companies?

KenK

Nov 9, 2013, 12:06:41 PM11/9/13
"Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" <atlas-...@invalid.invalid> wrote in
Evidently not. I didn't ask directly because I was not aware of such
deals but did get refused when I asked for a loaner. Evidetly loaners
are not available like thay used to be. Probably for decades!

KenK

Nov 9, 2013, 12:09:08 PM11/9/13
Mrs Irish Mike <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in
Thank you. I was not aware. Haven't rented a car in decades. Guess I'll
have to take what I can get if I decide to get one later - can't plan and
budget ahead as I had hoped.

Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

Nov 9, 2013, 5:16:15 PM11/9/13
In article <XnsA27366DD59...@130.133.4.11>,
asking for a referral isn't the same as asking for a loaner...but in my
area, loaners are available at the mercedes dealership