Aleve

ikehara...@gmail.com

May 27, 2018, 9:54:11 PM5/27/18
I've tried it and it really doesn't work for me.

Any alternatives?

ItsJoan NotJoann

May 27, 2018, 10:18:52 PM5/27/18
On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 8:54:11 PM UTC-5, ikehara...@gmail.com wrote:

> I've tried it and it really doesn't work for me.
>
> Any alternatives?

Aleve doesn't don't squat for me either. I use either extra-strength
Tylenol or Advil; both are house brand of whatever store I buy them from.

The Real Bev

May 27, 2018, 11:13:22 PM5/27/18
You can give generic Naproxen Sodium a try. Too much Tylenol
(acetominofen) will kill your liver, especially if you're a drinker, and
there's not a huge difference between 'enough' and 'too much'.

Nothing works for me either :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"...and then I'll become a veterinarian because I love children."

The Real Bev

May 28, 2018, 1:55:54 AM5/28/18
On 05/27/2018 08:13 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 05/27/2018 07:18 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
>> On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 8:54:11 PM UTC-5, ikehara...@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> I've tried it and it really doesn't work for me.
>>>
>>> Any alternatives?
>>>
>> Aleve doesn't don't squat for me either. I use either extra-strength
>> Tylenol or Advil; both are house brand of whatever store I buy them from.
>
> You can give generic Naproxen Sodium a try.

Mea culpa. Same thing. Never mind.

--
Cheers, Bev
Will give investment advice for food.

Beaver...@live.com

May 28, 2018, 2:16:50 AM5/28/18
On Sunday, May 27, 2018 at 6:54:11 PM UTC-7, ikehara...@gmail.com wrote:
> I've tried it and it really doesn't work for me.
>
> Any alternatives?

I always just use aspirin.

Not sure if it works or not but once I take it, I start thinking of something else.

Bill Gill

May 28, 2018, 9:22:29 AM5/28/18
My rheumatologist says no aspirin. Not while I'm on Methotrexate.
Unfortunately aspirin is just about the best, and actually is
good for your heart.

Aleve seems to be working for me. I was using Tylenol but now
there is some concern about it doing bad things to your liver
when you are taking Methotrexate. Of course I also am off of
alcohol while taking Methotrexate.

Bill

ItsJoan NotJoann

May 28, 2018, 11:35:18 AM5/28/18
On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 8:22:29 AM UTC-5, Bill Gill wrote:

> My rheumatologist says no aspirin. Not while I'm on Methotrexate.
> Unfortunately aspirin is just about the best, and actually is
> good for your heart.
>
> Aleve seems to be working for me. I was using Tylenol but now
> there is some concern about it doing bad things to your liver
> when you are taking Methotrexate. Of course I also am off of
> alcohol while taking Methotrexate.
>
> Bill

Yes, you need to be careful with mixing medications. Even what we
think of as harmless painkillers that have been around since Adam
can have adverse effects when mixed with some prescriptions.

barbie gee

Jun 14, 2018, 11:20:05 PM6/14/18
aspirin is sorely under-rated nowadays.
ibuprofen works good, too.