The Americanization of the World

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 13, 2010, 12:46:05 PM6/13/10
Whether you like it or not, it's all over the place: SUVs, Gated
Communities, Junk Food, Hollywood, rap, class polarization... I know
it all means that the Chinese now are willing to dump their bicycles
as soon as possible and drive, and offers little hope for those trying
to ride a bicycle here in America. People question if riding a bicycle
is a communist act.

This interesting article analyzes the phenomenon without much bias...

(I quote)

In the early 1900's, "Americanization" referred to the movement where
immigrants were developed into Americans. Now, in today's world, the
term has a different, but similar meaning - the globalization by the
U.S. of the world. The American economy is an ever-present force in
the world today. Pepsi ads now clutter the streets of every big city
in China, Big Macs are being ordered throughout the entire world, and
the term "Always Coca-Cola" is being muttered by all of Europe,
although they have no idea what the phrase means. Have we gone too far
in our economic Americanization of the world? Some will argue that we
have - using our advantage of being the world's only superpower in a
dangerous way - by interfering and forcing our culture on countries
that do not want to be "Americanized." It is my belief that
Americanization gives other countries a false sense of the American
way of life and, in the end, causes hatred for the U.S. and threats on
our power and freedom.

Despite this recent surge in American culture over the world, a few
countries like France and Germany are making plans to slow
Americanization. By raising taxes and tariffs on foreign companies and
investors, these countries are making it harder for American companies
to profit overseas. Also, in Israel, a cultural rebellion is taking
place. The Israeli government, in an attempt to slow down
Americanization, now requires their radio stations to devote half
their airtime to Hebrew songs (6). These are only the exceptions to
the rule of American globalization, though. Americanization is now in
full swing and sees no end in sight, particularly because many
Americans perceive it as a great achievement. Charles Krauthammer
writes in Time magazine that, "America is no mere international
citizen. It is the dominant power in the world, more dominant than any
since Rome. Accordingly, America is in a position to re-shape norms,
alter expectations and create new realities" (3). Lewis Lapham
expresses the same opinion in his "American Rome" essay. He says that
it is America's job to help out the world and "cleanse the world of
its impurities" (3). Americanization, these people believe, is the
answer - the change that the world is looking for. Of course, if the
world really does want change, who's to say that America has the
answer? What gives us the right to assume that American culture is the
way of the future? These questions should have been answered first,
before American culture took over the planet. As G. Pascal Zachary
writes, "We are all Americans now, like it or not" (6). If he is
saying this statement now, what will the world be like if America
continues this trend in ten years? How about even twenty years? How
far will American globalization go, or more importantly, will it ever
end?

https://www.msu.edu/~millettf/americanization.html

THE WISE TIBETAN MONKEY SAYS

"Everything must be questioned before we find a solution"

FINDING SOLUTIONS:

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote1

Forrest Hodge

Jun 13, 2010, 1:56:54 PM6/13/10
On 6/13/2010 12:46 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:
> ecent surge in American culture over the world, a few
> countries like France and Germany are making plans to slow
> Americanization. By raising taxes and tariffs on foreign companies and
> investors, these countries are making it harder for American companies
> to profit overseas. Also, in Israel, a cultural rebellion is taking
> place. The Israeli government, in an attempt to slow down
> Americanization, now requires their radio stations to devote half
> their airtime to Hebrew songs (6). These are only the exceptions to
> the rule of American globalization, though. Americanization is now in
> full swing and sees no end in sight, particularly because many

So the other countries are taxing/legislating their people into getting
to them to do what the government deems is best, not what the people
actually want. Sounds about par for the course across the pond.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 13, 2010, 4:14:13 PM6/13/10

The problem is "what the people want" is careful crafted by the elites
and the media.

Do the people want SUVs or bicycles? Whatever they see in movies and
TV.

Guess...

VFW

Jun 14, 2010, 11:10:31 AM6/14/10
In article
<1e2af65a-8fb5-423c...@u26g2000yqu.googlegroups.com>,

"His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of
Tantra-Hammock" <comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

and;
All these False Flags serve to divide innocent and peaceful people of
the world. The US/Israel are False Flag Automatic Manufacturing
Machines. That is how they exploit and create opportunites to steal,
plunder and murder. Innocent lives are sacrificed and nations ruined,
without these False-Flag scamists batting an eyelid. That is how they
keep other nations down and out of military and financial competition.
Tripoli, Lebanon, which was the Middle-East Financial hub was bombed
into th Stone Age because the Zionists wanted Tel Aviv to replace it.
The Zionist in tandem with the American Congressmen are the most lethal
of liars and make use of the best media and the latest technology of the
world namely, CNN, ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, Disney, etc.and especially the
UNO to disseminate their lies, slander and calumny to destroy who don't
go along with Washington's terminal rot. This is how Washington and Tel
Aviv have been appeased and how they get their way in scamming the world
in an
everyday basis. And the World does absolutely nothing to this Western
Eternal Midnight.

The NWO is about reviving European Monarchies once again by blue-booded
tyrants and abolishing Parliaments and Constitutional Govts. No more
flirting with frivolous Democracy, Unions of any kinds and Human Rights.
The people will be once again nothing but serfs. There will be nobility
and the serfs. The ex-Monarch kin want their power, domain and kingdoms
back. They are sick and tired of being sidelined by "peasants" who took
over during the Industrial Revolution. They are nostalgic and think and
know they are better than the present populace who run world affairs.
That's why the Russians and Chinese do not seem to be objecting. They
too used to have Monarchies. They are opportunists waiting to see which
way the winds blow. Or their's is a strategic retreat for an eventual
counter-attack. Playing Possum is their trademark.
here's a good read
In this shocking memoir, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, John
Perkins tells of his own inner journey from willing servant of empire to
impassioned advocate for the rights of oppressed people. Covertly
recruited by the United States National Security Agency and on the
payroll of an international consulting firm, he traveled the world逆o
Indonesia, Panama, Ecuador, Colombia, Saudi Arabia,Iraq, Afghanistan,
Iran and other strategically important countries. His job was to
implement policies that promoted the interests of the U.S.
corporatocracy (a coalition of government, banks, and corporations)
while professing to alleviate poverty却olicies that alienated many
nations and ultimately led to September 11 and growing anti-Americanism.
Within a few weeks of its release , Confessions of an Economic Hit Man
landed onThe New York Times Bestseller List, then 19 other bestseller
lists including the Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, USA
Today, Wall Street Journal, and Washington Post. The author has been
interviewed repeatedly on national radio and television shows, including
Amy Goodman's Democracy Now, CSPAN's Book TV, and PBS' Now with David
Brancaccio. And now the book is being published in 9 languages around
the world. According to John Perkins, "It is accomplishing an important
objective in inspiring people to think and talk and to know that we can
change the world."
for more;

http://www.economichitman.com/
--
Money! What a concept.

Forrest Hodge

Jun 14, 2010, 5:16:08 PM6/14/10
On 6/13/2010 4:14 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
I don't need the movies or TV to tell me that for my wants/needs a car
is a better option than a bicycle. You shouldn't have to be told that
commuting to working on a two lane road, with no real shoulder to speak
of, where traffic (and there is significant traffic) moves at around 50
MPH, is suicidal.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 14, 2010, 6:52:55 PM6/14/10
On Jun 14, 11:10 am, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:

"John Perkins should know—he was an economic hit man. His job was to
convince countries that are strategically important to the U.S.—from
Indonesia to Panama—to accept enormous loans for infrastructure
development, and to make sure that the lucrativeprojects were
contracted to U. S. corporations. Saddled with huge debts, these
countries came under the control of the United States government,
World Bank and other U.S.-dominated aid agencies that acted like loan
sharks—dictating repayment terms and bullying foreign governments into
submission."

***

It sounds like some story I wrote a while back...

HOW THE POLITICAL JUNGLE WORKS
Politics works like this: Big People of Big Country buy Big People of
Little Country, who, by the way, will be elected in "democratic
elections" thanks to big bucks; Big People of Big Country give big
loans* to Little Country (of course, to buy "made in Big Country");
Big People of Little Country pocket a big chunk and invest it in the
Big Country, without ever investing in real development (education,
health, the environment, etc); Little People of Little Country work
for ever to pay back what they never got; Big People of Little Country
thank Big People of Big Country in big ceremony, and promise to repay
the big debt; and Little People of Little Country get big promises,
just like Little People of Big Country. And they lived happily ever
after... (Moral: The Big Fish eats the Little Fish. Well, unless the
Little Fish get organized...)

* Please see "Predatory lending" at...
http://www.odiousdebts.org/odiousdebts/index.cfm?DSP=content&ContentID=17469

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 14, 2010, 6:57:21 PM6/14/10

The choice of "car vs. bike" is nice and simple. First, it's the
ADVERTISING FACTOR (the car wins 100:1); second, it's the FEAR FACTOR
(again, the car wins 1000:1).

Only option is... TAME THE BEAST.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 14, 2010, 8:29:35 PM6/14/10
Riding a bike is a lot like taming the beast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lDpLy2rGs0&feature=related

Piece of cake, right? ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 14, 2010, 10:31:53 PM6/14/10
It is said the nuclear bomb is the most powerful weapon ever
devised... Not so, it is SATIRE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9SFoiYIs_4

Don't miss the real thing, I mean the movie. ;)

COMING SOON!

http://atom.smasher.org/streetparty/?l1=Coming+Soon%3A&l2=the&l3=Banana+Revolution!&l4=

Derek C

Jun 15, 2010, 7:17:50 AM6/15/10

<entering anti-American rant mode>

Personally I would rather starve to death than eat the fat filled
rubbish they sell in Macdonalds and Burger King etc. No wonder there
are so many grossly obese US citizens, and it's not only because they
tend not to cycle very much. I am also trying to wean myself off tooth
rotting Diet Coke. The average American consumes 20 times as much
energy as the rest of the World's population.

The UK has pretty much bankrupted itself supporting the unsanctioned
and immoral wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, for which we have had no
thanks whatsoever. President Obama is currently slating a major
British Company for oil spill that could have just as easily happened
to a US Oil Company. That oil would have been partly used to supply
the US with all its huge, gas guzzling, SUVs

<end anti-American rant mode>

Derek C

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 15, 2010, 9:04:29 AM6/15/10

Same feelings here, including the Coke (which is not actually Coke but
other knockoff).

Anyway, now that you got it off your chest, I think that it's more
than coincidence that the UK was a member of the willing coalition
while other European nations and Canada stood back.

But I don't cry for any giant going down, even if others occupy its
place. Ultimately it is the shareholders and us who drive --willingly
or unwillingly-- who feed the beast. Let some of them go broke.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 15, 2010, 9:12:19 AM6/15/10
On Jun 15, 7:17 am, Derek C <del.copel...@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> <end anti-American rant mode>
>
> Derek C

Hey, let's not have hard feelings against the occupiers. American
culture is so sexy & fun, ain't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWzkqHDGfcs

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 15, 2010, 11:47:13 AM6/15/10
On Jun 14, 10:31 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is said the nuclear bomb is the most powerful weapon ever
> devised... Not so, it is SATIRE:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9SFoiYIs_4

There's scene above that says it all... A brand of cigarettes is
riding the wave of the fashionable word, and it's called "DEMOCRACY
LIGHT."

It's asphyxiating, but you feel good about it. Not to be inhaled, just
be fashionable.

Mexico is at war with itself while we pursue the War on Drugs. And
nobody raises a voice for liberalization.They have been democratic for
a long time, very long time. Another DEMOCRACY LIGHT, right?

Derek C

Jun 15, 2010, 1:25:00 PM6/15/10
On Jun 15, 2:04 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> or unwillingly-- who feed the beast. Let some of them go broke.- Hide quoted text -

<re-enter anti-American rant mode>

Only Tony Bliar (sic) was really in favour of the Iraq war, after
presumably being coercised by George W Bush or the CIA. There were
huge demonstrations against it in most UK cities (I attended the
London one), but as usual the wishes of the people were ignored. That
was the first time in my life that I ever actually agreed with the
French, who would have nothing to do with it. The weapons inspectors
where in Iraq, nothing had been found, and using 'weapons of mass
destruction' as an excuse for the war was an invalid argument. I think
that the Yanks just wanted to kick somebody for 9/11 and Saddam
Hussain was a convenient target, even though he probably had nothing
to do with it.

Rod Speed

Jun 15, 2010, 2:21:55 PM6/15/10

Like hell it has. What has actually run the national debt up very high is allowing
the clowns to completely implode the entire world financial system, again.

> for which we have had no thanks whatsoever.

Why should anyone thank you for fucking up Iraq so comprehenensively ?

> President Obama is currently slating a major British Company for oil
> spill that could have just as easily happened to a US Oil Company.

Easy to claim. Have fun substantiating that claim.

It was BP that deliberately didnt shut down that
operation when the blowout preventer had failed.

> That oil would have been partly used to supply
> the US with all its huge, gas guzzling, SUVs

Irrelevant to whether it made any sense to continue
to operate without a viable blowout preventer.

> <end anti-American rant mode>

Rod Speed

Jun 15, 2010, 2:27:47 PM6/15/10

Thats a lie.

> after presumably being coercised by George W Bush or the CIA.

Nope, the fool decided for himself that it was a good idea.

> There were huge demonstrations against it in most UK cities (I attended
> the London one), but as usual the wishes of the people were ignored.

Doesnt mean that only Blair wanted to get involved.

> That was the first time in my life that I ever actually agreed
> with the French, who would have nothing to do with it. The
> weapons inspectors where in Iraq, nothing had been found,

It was always about getting rid of Saddam, the weapons were just an excuse.

> and using 'weapons of mass destruction' as an excuse for the war
> was an invalid argument. I think that the Yanks just wanted to kick
> somebody for 9/11 and Saddam Hussain was a convenient target,

They were actually stupid enough to believe that
it was possible to impose democracy militarily.

Forrest Hodge

Jun 15, 2010, 4:02:00 PM6/15/10

You act as there aren't that many overweight people in Britain. I
believe that you guys aren't that far behind us in terms of fatness. It
could also be argued that the UK bankrupted itself by being the
welfare/nanny-state champion of the world. Taxation in Britain is high
to say the least. Britian's military budget is only 2.5% of the GDP Vs.
4.7% for the U.S. Whilst social welfare programs come in at around 26%
of GDP Vs. 19% for the U.S.

It seems that your welfare system is more to blame than the military
spending.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 15, 2010, 4:47:59 PM6/15/10

I think the Medical Industry is helping to break down America's
economy more than any welfare state.

Their share of GDP is the highest, and you can't even put them on a
diet because they are really powerful.

Forrest Hodge

Jun 15, 2010, 5:27:05 PM6/15/10
On 6/15/2010 4:47 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

The medical industry in this country is indeed powerful. It will be
interesting to see how the universal health care idea plays out. You can
bet that some doctors may not be interested in seeing patients on the
government-run health insurance plan if the plan doesn't pay out as much
as current private-sector insurance plans do. If doctors and medical
companies don't budge, then the cost of the government plan (as a whole)
will just go up. And that could easily mean more taxes.

I don't see why there couldn't have been an opt out policy where a
person could forgo the public health care (in an instance where the
person already has health insurance coverage from their job, or are
already on a private plan that they are happy with), and in exchange get
a tax break for whatever their contribution to the system would've been.
Seems that would be fair to everyone.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 15, 2010, 5:37:54 PM6/15/10

I believe Germany has such a system.

JimmyMac

Jun 21, 2010, 11:23:01 AM6/21/10
On Jun 13, 11:46 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

WARNING ..... LOOOOOOOONG!!!!

TIBETAN MONKEY ... you are obviously a bright guy but one who
seemingly has too much time on his hands. You seemingly believe it is
his imperative to enlighten the readership. To such ends, you
hijacked this newsgroup to serve as your own personal soapbox and
virtually morphed it into a blog in the process. Now with that having
been said, I feel obligated to address your commentary regarding
global Americanization that i contend overlooks a far greater
menace.

From my own personal experience, I would have to concur with the
validity of your observations, but your focus is one of a myopic
visionary. IN the greater scheme of things, global Americanization is
pretty much yesterday's news and Americanization is far less of a
danger to the world than is the next alternative wave of "ization"
poised to replace it ... Islamization. Islam is diametrically opposed
the values that are the very foundation of Western civilization ...
humanism, Christianity, Graco-Roman culture and, most important of
all< liberty.

Consisting of a hierarchical order in which Muslims submit to Allah,
women submit to men and non-Muslims (infidels) submit to Islamic rule,
Islam is a totalitarian ideology with a sociopolitical agenda of
subjugation and dominion over every person on the planet. Islam is an
autocratic blueprint for governing all realms of human existence ...
political, social, cultural and religious ... from cradle to grave.
Islam is derived from the Arabic "aslama" which means surrender or
submission. Islam is a religion based on a warrior code. The Quran
(Koran) was authored by a military leader (Mohammed) and contains
numerous verses that call Muslims to war against the nonbeliever. The
Quran (Koran) speaks of hate, forced conversion, subjugation and
death. The very real danger is that such verse is given the weight of
divine command. Why then is there any question whether Islam is a
religion of peace or a religion of violence? Well, there is taqiyya
(dissimulation/deception) and kitman (secrecy/partial truth) which
refer to religious-sanctioned doctrines of dispensation which allow
believers of Islam to deliberately conceal their beliefs, convictions,
ideas, feelings, opinions, and/or strategies in order to influence and
manipulate so-called "enemies of Islam". These doctrines are
instruments employed to mislead the infidel and promote the Islamic
agenda. Then there is the Quran (Koran) itself rife with conflicting
verses/teachings regarding peace and violence. How does the Muslim
(follower of Islam) resolve this Quranic (Koranic) paradox? That's
where Quranic (Koranic) doctrine of abrogation comes into play. "None
of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We
substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah
Hath power over all things?" Surah 2:106 "When We substitute one
revelation for another, and Allah knows best what He reveals (in
stages), they say, 'Thou art but a forger': but most of them
understand not." Surah 16:101 Abrogation means to annul or cancel
something. The way abrogation is applied to the Quran (Koran) is
simply in sequence by date, with later teachings superseding
contradictory earlier teachings. The Meccan Quranic (Koranic) verses,
which teach tolerance and peace, are among the earliest of Allah's
(via angel Jibrīl (Gabriel)) revelations to Mohammed. The Medinite
verses, which teach intolerance and violence, are among the later of
Allah's revelations to Mohammed. The latter revelations/teachings
abrogate the former. Now you'd think that Allah and Mohammed could get
it right from the start, would you not? This presents an appreciable
predicament for the follower of Islam. If the Quran (Koran) is the
actual word of an omniscient God, then it should be inerrant, eternal,
immutable, not subject to change (abrogation).. No verse should be in
conflict with or contradict another. The Quran (Koran) compounds the
conundrum by attempting to resolve contradiction (i.e conflicting
verses/contradictory teachings) by introducing the doctrine of
abrogation which serves to add to rather than resolve the dilemma. Is
it any wonder that both Christians and Muslims alike find the religion
of Islam confusing? The bottom line is that the peace loving and the
violent Muslim can both find supportive verses which guide them down
divergent paths one of which was the flight path of planes on 9/11.
From my perspective, there are two faces of Islam ... a religion that
is a double edged sword with all too many followers willing to wield
the sword in the name of Jihad! Killing in the name of God, only
serves to prove that one is neither religious nor an instrument of
God's agenda. I learned most of what I needed to know about the Muslim
and Islam on 9/11. Those who blindly assert that Islam is a religion
of peace, need to fire up their favorite search engine and search on
"Inside the Koran", "Ten Myths About Islam" and "islamofascism".
Prepare to be enlightened!

Here is the speech of Geert Wilders, Dutch member of parliament and
Chairman, Party for Freedom, the Netherlands, at the Four Seasons, New
York that addresses the problems that Europe now faces and we are
next.

Dear Friends,

Thank you very much for inviting me.

I come to America with a mission. All is not well in the old world.
There is a tremendous danger looming, and it is very difficult to be
optimistic. We might be in the final stages of the Islamization of
Europe. This not only is a clear and present danger to the future of
Europe itself, it is a threat to America and the sheer survival of the
West. The United States as the last bastion of Western civilization,
facing an Islamic Europe.

First I will describe the situation on the ground in Europe. Then, I
will say a few things about Islam. To close I will tell you about a
meeting in Jerusalem.

The Europe you know is changing.

You have probably seen the landmarks. But in all of these cities,
sometimes a few blocks away from your tourist destination, there is
another world. It is the world of the parallel society created by
Muslim mass-migration.

All throughout Europe a new reality is rising: entire Muslim
neighborhoods where very few indigenous people reside or are even
seen. And if they are, they might regret it. This goes for the police
as well. It's the world of head scarves, where women walk around in
figureless tents, with baby strollers and a group of children. Their
husbands, or slaveholders if you prefer, walk three steps ahead. With
mosques on many street corners. The shops have signs you and I cannot
read. You will be hard-pressed to find any economic activity. These
are Muslim ghettos controlled by religious fanatics. These are Muslim
neighborhoods, and they are mushrooming in every city across Europe.
These are the building-blocks for territorial control of increasingly
larger portions of Europe, street by street, neighborhood by
neighborhood, city by city.

There are now thousands of mosques throughout Europe. With larger
congregations than there are in churches. And in every European city
there are plans to build super-mosques that will dwarf every church in
the region. Clearly, the signal is: we rule.

Many European cities are already one-quarter Muslim: just take
Amsterdam, Marseille and Malmo in Sweden. In many cities the majority
of the under-18 population is Muslim. Paris is now surrounded by a
ring of Muslim neighborhoods. Mohammed is the most popular name among
boys in many cities.

In some elementary schools in Amsterdam the farm can no longer be
mentioned, because that would also mean mentioning the pig, and that
would be an insult to Muslims.

Many state schools in Belgium and Denmark only serve halal food to all
pupils. In once-tolerant Amsterdam gays are beaten up almost
exclusively by Muslims. Non-Muslim women routinely hear 'whore,
whore'. Satellite dishes are not pointed to local TV stations, but to
stations in the country of origin.

In France school teachers are advised to avoid authors deemed
offensive to Muslims, including Voltaire and Diderot; the same is
increasingly true of Darwin. The history of the Holocaust can no
longer be taught because of Muslim sensitivity.

In England sharia courts are now officially part of the British legal
system. Many neighborhoods in France are no-go areas for women without
head scarves. Last week a man almost died after being beaten up by
Muslims in Brussels, because he was drinking during the Ramadan.

Jews are fleeing France in record numbers, on the run for the worst
wave of anti-Semitism since World War II. French is now commonly
spoken on the streets of Tel Aviv and Netanya, Israel. I could go on
forever with stories like this. Stories about Islamization.

A total of fifty-four million Muslims now live in Europe. San Diego
University recently calculated that a staggering 25 percent of the
population in Europe will be Muslim just 12 years from now. Bernhard
Lewis has predicted a Muslim majority by the end of this century.

Now these are just numbers. And the numbers would not be threatening
if the Muslim-immigrants had a strong desire to assimilate. But there
are few signs of that. The Pew Research Center reported that half of
French Muslims see their loyalty to Islam as greater than their
loyalty to France. One-third of French Muslims do not object to
suicide attacks. The British Centre for Social Cohesion reported that
one-third of British Muslim students are in favor of a worldwide
caliphate. Muslims demand what they call 'respect'. And this is how we
give them respect. We have Muslim official state holidays.

The Christian-Democratic attorney general is willing to accept sharia
in the Netherlands if there is a Muslim majority. We have cabinet
members with passports from Morocco and Turkey.

Muslim demands are supported by unlawful behavior, ranging from petty
crimes and random violence, for example against ambulance workers and
bus drivers, to small-scale riots. Paris has seen its uprising in the
low-income suburbs, the banlieus. I call the perpetrators 'settlers'.
Because that is what they are. They do not come to integrate into our
societies; they come to integrate our society into their Dar-al-Islam.
Therefore, they are settlers.

Much of this street violence I mentioned is directed exclusively
against non-Muslims, forcing many native people to leave their
neighborhoods, their cities, their countries. Moreover, Muslims are
now a swing vote not to be ignored.

The second thing you need to know is the importance of Mohammed the
prophet. His behavior is an example to all Muslims and cannot be
criticized. Now, if Mohammed had been a man of peace, let us say like
Ghandi and Mother Theresa wrapped in one, there would be no problem.
But Mohammed was a warlord, a mass murderer, a pedophile, and had
several marriages - at the same time. Islamic tradition tells us how
he fought in battles, how he had his enemies murdered and even had
prisoners of war executed. Mohammed himself slaughtered the Jewish
tribe of Banu Qurayza. If it is good for Islam, it is good. If it is
bad for Islam, it is bad.

Let no one fool you about Islam being a religion. Sure, it has a god,
and a here-after, and 72 virgins. But in its essence Islam is a
political ideology. It is a system that lays down detailed rules for
society and the life of every person. Islam wants to dictate every
aspect of life. Islam means 'submission'. Islam is not compatible with
freedom and democracy, because what it strives for is sharia. If you
want to compare Islam to anything, compare it to communism or national-
socialism, these are all totalitarian ideologies.

Now you know why Winston Churchill called Islam 'the most retrograde
force in the world', and why he compared Mein Kampf to the Quran. The
public has wholeheartedly accepted the Palestinian narrative, and sees
Israel as the aggressor. I have lived in this country and visited it
dozens of times. I support Israel. First, because it is the Jewish
homeland after two thousand years of exile up to and including
Auschwitz, second because it is a democracy, and third because Israel
is our first line of defense.

This tiny country is situated on the fault line of jihad, frustrating
Islam's territorial advance. Israel is facing the front lines of
jihad, like Kashmir, Kosovo, the Philippines, Southern Thailand,
Darfur in Sudan, Lebanon, and Aceh in Indonesia. Israel is simply in
the way. The same way West-Berlin was during the Cold War.

The war against Israel is not a war against Israel. It is a war
against the West. It is jihad. Israel is simply receiving the blows
that are meant for all of us. If there would have been no Israel,
Islamic imperialism would have found other venues to release its
energy and its desire for conquest. Thanks to Israeli parents who send
their children to the army and lay awake at night, parents in Europe
and America can sleep well and dream, unaware of the dangers looming.

Many in Europe argue in favor of abandoning Israel in order to address
the grievances of our Muslim minorities. But if Israel were, God
forbid, to go down, it would not bring any solace to the West. It
would not mean our Muslim minorities would all of a sudden change
their behavior, and accept our values. On the contrary, the end of
Israel would give enormous encouragement to the forces of Islam. They
would, and rightly so, see the demise of Israel as proof that the West
is weak, and doomed. The end of Israel would not mean the end of our
problems with Islam, but only the beginning. It would mean the start
of the final battle for world domination. If they can get Israel, they
can get everything. So-called journalists volunteer to label any and
all critics of Islamization as a 'right-wing extremists' or 'racists'.
In my country, the Netherlands, 60 percent of the population now sees
the mass immigration of Muslims as the number one policy mistake since
World War II. And another 60 percent sees Islam as the biggest threat.
Yet there is a greater danger than terrorist attacks, the scenario of
America as the last man standing. The lights may go out in Europe
faster than you can imagine. An Islamic Europe means a Europe without
freedom and democracy, an economic wasteland, an intellectual
nightmare, and a loss of military might for America - as its allies
will turn into enemies, enemies with atomic bombs. With an Islamic
Europe, it would be up to America alone to preserve the heritage of
Rome, Athens and Jerusalem.

Dear friends, liberty is the most precious of gifts. My generation
never had to fight for this freedom, it was offered to us on a silver
platter, by people who fought for it with their lives. All throughout
Europe, American cemeteries remind us of the young boys who never made
it home, and whose memory we cherish. My generation does not own this
freedom; we are merely its custodians. We can only hand over this hard
won liberty to Europe 's children in the same state in which it was
offered to us. We cannot strike a deal with mullahs and imams. Future
generations would never forgive us. We cannot squander our liberties.
We simply do not have the right to do so.

We have to take the necessary action now to stop this Islamic
stupidity from destroying the free world that we know.

If you are interested, here are some YouTube videos by this Dutch
parliamentary member...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0jUuzdfqfc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0W6twYw4E8w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQOCcx5V9RI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdX1qpCtlh8

His brief movie (FITNA) critical of Islam and particularly the Koran,
can be downloaded here...

http://saberpoint.blogspot.com/2008/03/how-to-download-fitna-and-save-copy-for.h

Here's another thought provoking video by Andrew McCarthy, former
legal affairs prosecutor (prosecutor in the first Trade Center
bombing), legal affairs editor for the National Review and author of
the book The Grand Gihad (How Islam and the left sabotage America)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6sj8YageVM

Jun 21, 2010, 12:15:06 PM6/21/10

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> This interesting article analyzes the phenomenon without much bias...

Snip long winded crap. Take it elsewhere. Replying to trolls gets you
PLONKed!

Edward Dolan

Jun 21, 2010, 6:40:42 PM6/21/10

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

TIBETAN MONKEY ... you are obviously a bright guy but one who
seemingly has too much time on his hands. You seemingly believe it is
his imperative to enlighten the readership. To such ends, you
hijacked this newsgroup to serve as your own personal soapbox and
virtually morphed it into a blog in the process.

[...]

Jim, you have hit the nail on the head. TM is worse than a troll. He is
blogger at the expense of the newsgroup. I just delete all of his posts and
never read them, unless I see a response from someone I know. TM is a
complete waste of one's time and he is a poor crazy bastard besides. Fuck
him all the way to Hell and back!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

JimmyMac

Jun 22, 2010, 9:12:31 AM6/22/10
On Jun 21, 5:40 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> [...]
>
> TIBETAN MONKEY ... you are obviously a bright guy but one who
> seemingly has too much time on his hands.  You apparently believe it is
> your imperative to enlighten the readership.  To such ends, you

> hijacked this newsgroup to serve as your own personal soapbox and
> virtually morphed it into a blog in the process.
> [...]
>
> Jim, you have hit the nail on the head. TM is worse than a troll. He is
> blogger at the expense of the newsgroup. I just delete all of his posts and
> never read them, unless I see a response from someone I know. TM is a
> complete waste of one's time and he is a poor crazy bastard besides. Fuck
> him all the way to Hell and back!

I made two minor corrections to the quoted text. Truth be told, I
could have just as easily made the same observation of you at one
time, but TM has since surpassed you in the hijacking of the
newsgroup. Apparently, TM uncontrollably is driven to be heard and
has found the ideal medium for that purpose .. an unmonitored forum
that he can SPAM with his personal philosophy regarding any and every
topic of his own choosing. The name for the newsgroup should be
changed to alt.TM.soapbox. Averaging more that 1600 post per month
since the beginning of the year with 9 days still remaining in June.
At some time in the future, you may be in danger of being eclipsed as
the most prolific poster.

George

Jun 22, 2010, 11:16:23 AM6/22/10
On 6/21/2010 6:40 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "JimmyMac"<jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>
> TIBETAN MONKEY ... you are obviously a bright guy but one who
> seemingly has too much time on his hands. You seemingly believe it is
> his imperative to enlighten the readership. To such ends, you
> hijacked this newsgroup to serve as your own personal soapbox and
> virtually morphed it into a blog in the process.
> [...]
>
> Jim, you have hit the nail on the head. TM is worse than a troll. He is
> blogger at the expense of the newsgroup. I just delete all of his posts and
> never read them, unless I see a response from someone I know. TM is a
> complete waste of one's time and he is a poor crazy bastard besides. Fuck
> him all the way to Hell and back!

pot-kettle...

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 22, 2010, 6:05:31 PM6/22/10

What's the Guinness world record anyway?

I really don't spend that much time trying to inundate you with my
posts, just that this the recycling place (or dumping ground, if you
will) for other groups where I'm very much welcome.

As you may have noticed my subjects are God, bicycles, traffic,
monkeys, and lately hammocks and birds.

But if you think about it, I provide the only hope for bicycles being
mainstream in America or at least in the Third World.

By the way, did you ever think of the Eagle being a predator that
leaves no room for the small intelligent birds, such as the parakeets?
(mine are sooo cute)

"Who can not notice the similarity to Rome's imperial eagle (above),
nor the message of imperialism that the classic American eagle now
suggests?"

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/eagles.html

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 22, 2010, 6:13:34 PM6/22/10
On Jun 21, 11:23 am, JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From my own personal experience, I would have to concur with the
> validity of your observations, but your focus is one of a myopic
> visionary.  IN the greater scheme of things, global Americanization is
> pretty much yesterday's news and Americanization is far less of a
> danger to the world than is the next alternative wave of "ization"
> poised to replace it ... Islamization.  Islam is diametrically opposed
> the values that are the very  foundation of  Western civilization ...
> humanism, Christianity, Graco-Roman culture and, most important of
> all< liberty.

They don't have the money, they don't have SUVs, they don't have Gated
Communities, they don't the military might, they don't have a viable
way of life for the West and they don't have Hollywood to make the
kids behave in a certain pattern (usually violent).

By far we are the problem. Add to the above the threat our predatory
ways represent to the environment.

Edward Dolan

Jun 22, 2010, 6:29:32 PM6/22/10

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

TM is just writing to himself. No one with any brains will ever respond to
him. That is because he is a poor crazy bastard and that is all he is.

My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
Sherman has become nothing but a quipster. His posts never amount to much.
On the other hand, my posts are always responsive and contain content as
well as wit. Bottom line ... there is no substitute for intelligence.
Writing ability also counts, but in the end it is intelligence that matters.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 22, 2010, 11:57:15 PM6/22/10
On Jun 22, 8:36 pm, Ghod Dhammit <g...@att.net> wrote:
> On 6/22/2010 5:16 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

> Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:
> > On Jun 21, 11:23 am, JimmyMac<jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >> From my own personal experience, I would have to concur with the
> >> validity of your observations, but your focus is one of a myopic
> >> visionary. IN the greater scheme of things, global Americanization is
> >> pretty much yesterday's news and Americanization is far less of a
> >> danger to the world than is the next alternative wave of "ization"
> >> poised to replace it ... Islamization. Islam is diametrically opposed
> >> the values that are the very foundation of Western civilization ...
> >> humanism, Christianity, Graco-Roman culture and, most important of
> >> all< liberty.
>
> Wow, I never knew the Romans had baby seats & carriages.

> > They don't have the money, they don't have SUVs, they don't have Gated
> > Communities, they don't the military might, they don't have a viable
> > way of life for the West and they don't have Hollywood to make the
> > kids behave in a certain pattern (usually violent).
>
> > By far we are the problem. Add to the above the threat our predatory
> > ways represent to the environment.
>
> Who's "we"? The theists are more trouble than the rest of us....

Yeah, I know it's them, but we are somehow included in the USA. We are
totally paralyzed because they totally control the political landscape
with their funny issues, like abortion and homosexuals.

And we can't even ride a bike in their Darwinian roads.

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 1:23:37 PM6/23/10
On Jun 22, 5:05 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

At last count, I believe 32,930. Ed can you confirm?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 23, 2010, 1:32:07 PM6/23/10
We are discussing here the guy who tried to slow down Rome with his
ass...

On Jun 23, 12:38 pm, Walt <wka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> As Jesus was passing through the gate into Jerusalem, Pontius
> Pilates's chariot was right behind him, and a big cart full of pottery
> was coming out. Jesus took the lane with his donkey to prevent an
> accident. Pilate took it the wrong way, and offered 30 pieces of
> silver for information leading to the crucifixion of the jerk on the
> donkey who blocked his way.

Jesus wouldn't have survived long in today's traffic with his SLOW
ways...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKk00OYKhU

I always wonder why he didn't choose to ride something more romantic
and faster such as the magic carpet.

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 1:37:13 PM6/23/10
On Jun 22, 5:13 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 21, 11:23 am, JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > From my own personal experience, I would have to concur with the
> > validity of your observations, but your focus is one of a myopic
> > visionary.  IN the greater scheme of things, global Americanization is
> > pretty much yesterday's news and Americanization is far less of a
> > danger to the world than is the next alternative wave of "ization"
> > poised to replace it ... Islamization.  Islam is diametrically opposed
> > the values that are the very  foundation of  Western civilization ...
> > humanism, Christianity, Greco-Roman culture and, most important of

> > all liberty.
>
> They don't have the money, they don't have SUVs, they don't have Gated
> Communities, they don't the military might, they don't have a viable
> way of life for the West and they don't have Hollywood to make the
> kids behave in a certain pattern (usually violent).
>
> By far we are the problem. Add to the above the threat our predatory
> ways represent to the environment.

Well, for the most part you are right, but if you checked out the
links I provided, you should realize that what they do have is an
agenda and immigration, reproduction and peaceful infiltration can
transform Europe into Eurarabia in a matter of a few decades with the
United States of Arabia not far behind. They don't have Hollywood?
With satellite TV and DVDs, Hollywood is at least feasible.
Regardless, brainwashing of children at an early age breeds more than
a Hollywood pattern of violence. It breeds hate and terrorism. You
underestimate the threat that Islam and the Muslim poses. Western
globalization pails in comparison.

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 1:45:29 PM6/23/10
On Jun 22, 5:29 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 21, 5:40 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
>

> > "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > [...]
>
> > TIBETAN MONKEY ... you are obviously a bright guy but one who
> > seemingly has too much time on his hands. You apparently believe it is
> > your imperative to enlighten the readership. To such ends, you
> > hijacked this newsgroup to serve as your own personal soapbox and
> > virtually morphed it into a blog in the process.
> > [...]
>
> > Jim, you have hit the nail on the head. TM is worse than a troll. He is
> > blogger at the expense of the newsgroup. I just delete all of his posts
> > and
> > never read them, unless I see a response from someone I know. TM is a
> > complete waste of one's time and he is a poor crazy bastard besides. Fuck
> > him all the way to Hell and back!
> >> I made two minor corrections to the quoted text.  Truth be told, I
>
> could have just as easily made the same observation of you at one
> time, but TM has since surpassed you in the hijacking of the
> newsgroup.  Apparently, TM uncontrollably is driven to be heard and
> has found the ideal medium for that purpose ... an unmonitored forum

> that he can SPAM with his personal philosophy regarding any and every
> topic of his own choosing.  The name for the newsgroup should be
> changed to alt.TM.soapbox.  Averaging more that 1600 posts per month

> since the beginning of the year with 9 days still remaining in June.
> At some time in the future, you may be in danger of being eclipsed as
> the most prolific poster.
>
> TM is just writing to himself. No one with any brains will ever respond to
> him. That is because he is a poor crazy bastard and that is all he is.

Thanks for insulting me. I case you have not taken note, you have
responded to TM as well,

> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
> Sherman has become nothing but a quipster. His posts never amount to much.
> On the other hand, my posts are always responsive and contain content as
> well as wit. Bottom line ... there is no substitute for intelligence.
> Writing ability also counts, but in the end it is intelligence that matters.

Don't know what Tom Sherman has to do with any of this. Note sure
either why you felt compelled to add your self-aggrandizing
editorial. Maybe because no one other that Mike Vandeman would do it
for you and he's in jail at the moment???

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 23, 2010, 1:51:17 PM6/23/10

The only thing that compares to Hollywood is Bollywood...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollywood

But I don't think they promote a suicidal vision of the world. We
however breeds terrorists without a cause (other than money)...

"16 killed in El Salvador bus attacks"
Street gangs shoot passengers on one bus and set another vehicle on
fire in San Salvador. The attacks mark a surge in street violence from
gangs and drug traffickers, officials say.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/21/world/la-fg-salvador-bus-20100622

Nasty, right?

This gang culture and violence is exported from Los Angeles and
glorified by Hollywood and the music industry, people who for the most
part live in Gated Communities.

***

I however do NOT endorse immigration to solve the problems of the
world. The solution is fixing the Third World with new fresh
approaches. I contend that most immigrants leave their countries
looking for security, though they may have the wrong idea of the West.

Let me ask you, how do we solve Haiti's problem, and how we can keep
them from all rushing to America?

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 1:56:38 PM6/23/10
On Jun 22, 10:57 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 8:36 pm, Ghod Dhammit <g...@att.net> wrote:
>

> > On 6/22/2010 5:16 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
>
> > Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:

> > Wow, I never knew the Romans had baby seats & carriages.

Funny, but let's not confuse technology with culture.

> > > They don't have the money, they don't have SUVs, they don't have Gated
> > > Communities, they don't the military might, they don't have a viable
> > > way of life for the West and they don't have Hollywood to make the
> > > kids behave in a certain pattern (usually violent).
>
> > > By far we are the problem. Add to the above the threat our predatory
> > > ways represent to the environment.

I am not in favor of our predatory ways, but "we" may be "A" problem,
but we are not "THE" problem. Islam has an agenda. The Muslim rate
of immigration, reproduction and "peaceful" infiltration is
transforming Europe into Eurarabia in a matter of a few decades with
the United States of Arabia may not be far behind. Western
civilization as we know it is changing. Western globalization pails
in comparison to the threat of Islamization.

> > Who's "we"?  The theists are more trouble than the rest of us....

Especially Allah!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 23, 2010, 2:31:24 PM6/23/10

Maybe Allah is their "savior" from the Christian culture. Maybe if we
put our Christians back in the cage, they'll feel inclined to do the
same.

France has 10% of Muslims... Is that something to worry about? For the
most part it isn't.

Anyway immigration is a problem for all Third World countries. There
are Americans in France and they are not a problem the way the
hardcore Christian-Republicans would be.

In all likelihood American immigrants would be looking for some fun
driving and safer roads!

"during my time in France, I have not seen, let alone been in, any
accidents, and if you think about it, if all French drivers are crazy
then they aren't crazy, they are normal! ...

Most French cars are small by Americans standards...

Cities can be the worst; it seems you always get in front of someone
who will not let you go a kilometer under the speed limit without
honking."

http://www.americansinfrance.net/Driving/GeneralThoughts.cfm

It all sounds to me like safe and fun.

Edward Dolan

Jun 23, 2010, 3:44:28 PM6/23/10

On Jun 22, 5:29 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

> TM is just writing to himself. No one with any brains will ever respond to
> him. That is because he is a poor crazy bastard and that is all he is.

>> Thanks for insulting me. I case you have not taken note, you have
responded to TM as well,

Calling someone a poor crazy bastard is in no way responding to him.

> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
> Sherman has become nothing but a quipster. His posts never amount to much.
> On the other hand, my posts are always responsive and contain content as
> well as wit. Bottom line ... there is no substitute for intelligence.
> Writing ability also counts, but in the end it is intelligence that
> matters.

>> Don't know what Tom Sherman has to do with any of this. Note sure
either why you felt compelled to add your self-aggrandizing
editorial. Maybe because no one other that Mike Vandeman would do it
for you and he's in jail at the moment???

Tom Sherman has been a prolific poster in the past. Now he is just a
footnote.

Mr. Vandeman is not in jail. He is posting his newsletter to a select group
of readers the same as always.

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 3:59:31 PM6/23/10
On Jun 23, 1:31 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

The Chrisitians had to be let out of the cage to stem the Muslim from
taking over the wordl. I twas called the Crusades. Familiarize
yourself with the Koran and you will realize that Islam has an agenda
that shoudl be caged.

> France has 10% of Muslims... Is that something to worry about? For the
> most part it isn't.

Have you read what I wrote? Did you check out the links provided?

> Anyway immigration is a problem for all Third World countries. There
> are Americans in France and they are not a problem the way the
> hardcore Christian-Republicans would be.
>
> In all likelihood American immigrants would be looking for some fun
> driving and safer roads!
>
> "during my time in France, I have not seen, let alone been in, any
> accidents, and if you think about it, if all French drivers are crazy
> then they aren't crazy, they are normal! ...

French drivers arent crazy ... now Italians and Egyptians are another
matter completely.

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 4:07:08 PM6/23/10
On Jun 23, 2:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 22, 5:29 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > TM is just writing to himself. No one with any brains will ever respond to
> > him. That is because he is a poor crazy bastard and that is all he is.
> >> Thanks for insulting me.  I case you have not taken note, you have
>
> responded to TM as well,
>
> Calling someone a poor crazy bastard is in no way responding to him.

You did a bit more than that, but the fact that you replied at all
indicates that you took the time to read and respond n matter how
brief and regardless of content. That's a given.

> > My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
> > Sherman has become nothing but a quipster. His posts never amount to much.
> > On the other hand, my posts are always responsive and contain content as
> > well as wit. Bottom line ... there is no substitute for intelligence.
> > Writing ability also counts, but in the end it is intelligence that
> > matters.
> >> Don't know what Tom Sherman has to do with any of this.  Note sure
>
> either why you felt compelled to add your self-aggrandizing
> editorial.  Maybe because no one other that Mike Vandeman would do it
> for you and he's in jail at the moment???
>
> Tom Sherman has been a prolific poster in the past. Now he is just a
> footnote.
>
> Mr. Vandeman is not in jail. He is posting his newsletter to a select group
> of readers the same as always.

He made bail then? Goo that he is busying himself with his newsletter
rather patrolling the woods wielding a saw. Your explanation did not
explain the unnecessary self-aggrandizing, but that's not surprising.

Edward Dolan

Jun 23, 2010, 4:20:35 PM6/23/10

On Jun 22, 5:05 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

> What's the Guinness world record anyway?

>> At last count, I believe 32,930. Ed can you confirm?

Not interested. It is quality, not quantity, that counts. TM is a poor crazy
bastard who only talks to himself. Only total morons respond to him.
[...]

Edward Dolan

Jun 23, 2010, 4:34:12 PM6/23/10

On Jun 23, 2:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 22, 5:29 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > TM is just writing to himself. No one with any brains will ever respond
> > him. That is because he is a poor crazy bastard and that is all he is.
[...]

>>> You did a bit more than that, but the fact that you replied at all
indicates that you took the time to read and respond n matter how
brief and regardless of content. That's a given.

"Calling someone a poor crazy bastard is in no way responding to him." - Ed
Dolan
[...]

> Mr. Vandeman is not in jail. He is posting his newsletter to a select
> group
> of readers the same as always.

>>> He made bail then? Goo that he is busying himself with his newsletter
rather patrolling the woods wielding a saw. Your explanation did not
explain the unnecessary self-aggrandizing, but that's not surprising.

We Great Ones just can't help being Great!

JimmyMac

Jun 23, 2010, 5:35:13 PM6/23/10
On Jun 23, 3:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 23, 2:44 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Jun 22, 5:29 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> > [...]
>
> > > TM is just writing to himself. No one with any brains will ever respond
> > > him. That is because he is a poor crazy bastard and that is all he is.
>
> [...]
>
> indicates that you took the time to read and respond no matter how

> brief and regardless of content.  That's a given.
>
> "Calling someone a poor crazy bastard is in no way responding to him." - Ed
> Dolan
> [...]

Oh Queen of Denial, no matter how you slice it, you responded. If you
think he is a poor crazy bastard, then why even bother unless of
course you are a poor crazy bastard??? HMMMMMMM!!!

> > Mr. Vandeman is not in jail. He is posting his newsletter to a select
> > group
> > of readers the same as always.

> rather patrolling the woods wielding a saw.  Your explanation did not
> explain the unnecessary self-aggrandizing, but that's not surprising.
>
> We Great Ones just can't help being Great!

Great ones are generally humble and have no need to pat themselves on
the back. Self-promotion is not required.. GRATEness however is
another matter completely.

Edward Dolan

Jun 23, 2010, 5:55:15 PM6/23/10

On Jun 23, 3:34 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

> "Calling someone a poor crazy bastard is in no way responding to him." -
> Ed
> Dolan
> [...]

>> Oh Queen of Denial, no matter how you slice it, you responded. If you
think he is a poor crazy bastard, then why even bother unless of
course you are a poor crazy bastard??? HMMMMMMM!!!

"Calling someone a poor crazy bastard is in no way responding to him." - Ed
Dolan
[...]

> We Great Ones just can't help being Great!

>> Great ones are generally humble and have no need to pat themselves on
the back. Self-promotion is not required.. GRATEness however is
another matter completely.

"We Great Ones just can't help being Great!" - Ed Dolan

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 23, 2010, 5:58:58 PM6/23/10
On Jun 23, 3:59 pm, JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 1:31 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The Chrisitians had to be let out of the cage to stem the Muslim from
> taking over the wordl.  I twas called the Crusades.  Familiarize
> yourself with the Koran and you will realize that Islam has an agenda
> that shoudl be caged.

Yes, the Christians saved us from the Muslims, and we saved ourselves
from the tyranny of the Christians thanks to Humanism.

That's exactly what I propose.

> > France has 10% of Muslims... Is that something to worry about? For the
> > most part it isn't.
>
> Have you read what I wrote?  Did you check out the links provided?

Nope. It was too long. I'll check into it.

> > Anyway immigration is a problem for all Third World countries. There
> > are Americans in France and they are not a problem the way the
> > hardcore Christian-Republicans would be.
>
> > In all likelihood American immigrants would be looking for some fun
> > driving and safer roads!
>
> > "during my time in France, I have not seen, let alone been in, any
> > accidents, and if you think about it, if all French drivers are crazy
> > then they aren't crazy, they are normal! ...
>
> French drivers arent crazy ... now Italians and Egyptians are another
> matter completely.

I'd imagine France is higher is scale of civilization, but America is
down the bottom among civilized nations. Spain is way higher in
driving, probably influenced by France and the rest of Europe.

Are Egyptians any lower than Americans?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 23, 2010, 6:29:29 PM6/23/10
On Jun 23, 5:59 pm, greg <egorovm...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jun 22, 11:58 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

> Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> They just change the name like the wolf changes it's pelt
> The same behavior
> Meddle ages high tec

A lot of similarities, starting with the private armies paid to defend
this or that warlord....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ZK4dlJM0Y

and

"Just as oil may be said to be the mercenary motive that drives
today's Crusades by Christians who work at Halliburton and Blackwater
who know better how to run (ruin) the lives of Muslims than Muslims do
themselves, so was there a profit motive in the original Crusades."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/424800/from_constantinople_to_halliburton.html

***

The wolf has always used the sheep's camouflage. ;)

George

Jun 23, 2010, 7:17:24 PM6/23/10
On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:

> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.

Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit
because of you making the S/N ration so poor.

The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive crossposting.

Edward Dolan

Jun 23, 2010, 8:03:40 PM6/23/10

"George" <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>

>> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
>

> Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit because
> of you making the S/N ratio so poor.

If you are now inactive, attribute it to your own laziness. It takes time
and effort to post messages.

> The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
> figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive cross posting.

TM is a poor crazy bastard for sure, but cross posting is normal for Usenet.
Most newsgroups are simply too small to support a sufficient discussion.

There is never anything to prevent you from posting whatever message you
want. The trick is to be able to say something that is of interest to
others.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 23, 2010, 8:15:27 PM6/23/10
On Jun 23, 8:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "George" <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> > On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> >> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
>
> > Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit because
> > of you making the S/N ratio so poor.
>
> If you are now inactive, attribute it to your own laziness. It takes time
> and effort to post messages.
>
> > The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
> > figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive cross posting.
>
> TM is a poor crazy bastard for sure, but cross posting is normal for Usenet.
> Most newsgroups are simply too small to support a sufficient discussion.
>
> There is never anything to prevent you from posting whatever message you
> want. The trick is to be able to say something that is of interest to
> others.

The trick is to provoke thoughts among the happy sheep.

Everything must be questioned and answered.

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I RIDE A BIKE IN PEACE?

JimmyMac

Jun 24, 2010, 8:50:05 AM6/24/10
On Jun 23, 4:58 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 3:59 pm, JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jun 23, 1:31 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> > Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The Chrisitians had to be let out of the cage to stem the Muslim from
> > taking over the wordl.  I twas called the Crusades.  Familiarize
> > yourself with the Koran and you will realize that Islam has an agenda
> > that shoudl be caged.
>
> Yes, the Christians saved us from the Muslims, and we saved ourselves
> from the tyranny of the Christians thanks to Humanism.
>
> That's exactly what I propose.
>

> > > France has 10% of Muslims... Is that something to worry about? For the
> > > most part it isn't.
>
> > Have you read what I wrote?  Did you check out the links provided?
>
> Nope. It was too long. I'll check into it.

Well that pretty much was a rudimentary requirement as a grounds for
discourse, especially the videos.

> > > Anyway immigration is a problem for all Third World countries. There
> > > are Americans in France and they are not a problem the way the
> > > hardcore Christian-Republicans would be.
>
> > > In all likelihood American immigrants would be looking for some fun
> > > driving and safer roads!
>
> > > "during my time in France, I have not seen, let alone been in, any
> > > accidents, and if you think about it, if all French drivers are crazy
> > > then they aren't crazy, they are normal! ...
>

> > French drivers aren't crazy ... now Italians and Egyptians are another

> > matter completely.
>
> I'd imagine France is higher is scale of civilization, but America is
> down the bottom among civilized nations. Spain is way higher in
> driving, probably influenced by France and the rest of Europe.
>
> Are Egyptians any lower than Americans?

Now sure what you mean by lower, but they drive crazy. To be
painfully fair, It is rather difficult to be entirely objective when
comparing one's own civilization with that of another country with
which one only has but only a casual acquaintance by comparison. The
Egyptians I met while twice in Egypt Egypt were very friendy and I
rather took a liking to them.

JimmyMac

Jun 24, 2010, 8:55:55 AM6/24/10

George ... reasonable and valid observations on the whole, but TM will
undoubtedly take less offense than will HEAD Doaln the GRATE.

George

Jun 24, 2010, 8:58:51 AM6/24/10
On 6/23/2010 8:03 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> "George"<geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>>

>>> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
>>

>> Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit because
>> of you making the S/N ratio so poor.
>
> If you are now inactive, attribute it to your own laziness. It takes time
> and effort to post messages.

Nothing at all to do with laziness. I am thinking if most folks rode
through a place that stunk of industrial waste they would simply avoid
the place and not stop riding. That is exactly what I did.

George

Jun 24, 2010, 9:00:24 AM6/24/10
On 6/23/2010 8:15 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

The trick is to find a venue that is appropriate. The groups you have
decided to turn into your blog aren't that venue.

> Everything must be questioned and answered.

So go do it where it is appropriate.

JimmyMac

Jun 24, 2010, 9:07:08 AM6/24/10
On Jun 23, 7:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "George" <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> > On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> >> My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's. Mr.
>
> > Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit because
> > of you making the S/N ratio so poor.
>
> If you are now inactive, attribute it to your own laziness. It takes time
> and effort to post messages.
>
> > The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
> > figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive cross posting.
>
> TM is a poor crazy bastard for sure, but cross posting is normal for Usenet.
> Most newsgroups are simply too small to support a sufficient discussion.

Well actually, you omitted an expletive. Becoming more and more
STATISTICALLY normal, does not make it "normal". What we have here is
an example of a logical fallacy know as argumentum ad numerum
(argument or appeal to numbers). Ed Dolan use to rail on about those
who cross-posted, but when he started doing it then it became
"normal". Balderdash! Unfortunately, as common as cross-posting has
become, it is even more common that it is considered improper
netiquette and Ed is one of the worst offenders often cross-posting to
irrelevant newsgroups.

> There is never anything to prevent you from posting whatever message you
> want. The trick is to be able to say something that is of interest to
> others.

The only thing to prevent you from posting whatever message you want
is an exercise in common sense. Try it sometime. Saying something of
interest is an objective you have yet to master. You need to work on
both of these.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 24, 2010, 10:16:32 AM6/24/10
On Jun 24, 8:50 am, JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 23, 4:58 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 23, 3:59 pm, JimmyMac <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > On Jun 23, 1:31 pm, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the
> > > Movement of Tantra-Hammock" <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > > The Chrisitians had to be let out of the cage to stem the Muslim from
> > > taking over the wordl.  I twas called the Crusades.  Familiarize
> > > yourself with the Koran and you will realize that Islam has an agenda
> > > that shoudl be caged.
>
> > Yes, the Christians saved us from the Muslims, and we saved ourselves
> > from the tyranny of the Christians thanks to Humanism.
>
> > That's exactly what I propose.

> > > Have you read what I wrote?  Did you check out the links provided?
>
> > Nope. It was too long. I'll check into it.
>
> Well that pretty much was a rudimentary requirement as a grounds for
> discourse, especially the videos.

OK, I started. He calls them "retarded"...

We claim to be so wise because we borrow a few words from the Greek,
such as "democracy," and then go around claiming moral superiority.

I'd argue that we are INFERIOR, at least intellectually inferior. We
have all the knowledge to unmasks the lies out there, and more than
half the population still believes in Armageddon, a self-fulfilling
prophecy. It goes something like this (I heard it from a Christian the
other day): The Muslims attack Israel (the chosen people), and we nuke
them out of this world... enter Jesus!

Look what was written by Kropotkin (a true revolutionary) some 130
years ago!

"More than a century has passed since science laid down sound
propositions as to the origins of the universe, but how many have
mastered them or possess the really scientific spirit of criticism? A
few thousands at the outside, who are lost in the midst of hundreds of
millions still steeped in prejudices and superstitions worthy of
savages, who are consequently ever ready to serve as puppets for
religious impostors."

http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/Anarchist_Archives/kropotkin/appealtoyoung.html

WE HAVE NO IDEOLOGY IN THE WEST OTHER THAN CONSUMPTION. It may have
been different in 1945, but now we live under GLOBALIZATION. There's
NO ideology. WE ARE SAVAGES WHO RETIRE THE RELATIVE SAFETY OF SUV'S
AND GATED COMMUNITIES.

> > > French drivers aren't crazy ... now Italians and Egyptians are another
> > > matter completely.
>
> > I'd imagine France is higher is scale of civilization, but America is
> > down the bottom among civilized nations. Spain is way higher in
> > driving, probably influenced by France and the rest of Europe.
>
> > Are Egyptians any lower than Americans?
>
> Now sure what you mean by lower, but they drive crazy.  To be
> painfully fair, It is rather difficult to be entirely objective when
> comparing one's own civilization with that of another country with
> which one only has but only a casual acquaintance by comparison.  The
> Egyptians I met while twice in Egypt Egypt were very friendy and I
> rather took a liking to them.

American roads are deadly. Many terrorists without a cause out there.

I was spit in my face, and barely escaped an attack. I'm in my cage in
Miami Beach, willing to break free and ride a bike.

Edward Dolan

Jun 24, 2010, 9:53:44 PM6/24/10

"George" <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
[...]

> The trick is to find a venue that is appropriate. The groups you have
> decided to turn into your blog aren't that venue.

I have never seen a newsgroup that stayed on topic. All newsgroups are all
over the place because conversations wander. It is only possible to stay on
topic if you have a moderator that will enforce that rule. Try to get up to
speed if that is possible!
[...]

Edward Dolan

Jun 24, 2010, 9:56:37 PM6/24/10

> On 6/23/2010 8:03 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]

>> If you are now inactive, attribute it to your own laziness. It takes time
>> and effort to post messages.
>
> Nothing at all to do with laziness. I am thinking if most folks rode
> through a place that stunk of industrial waste they would simply avoid the
> place and not stop riding. That is exactly what I did.

"There is never anything to prevent you from posting whatever message you

want. The trick is to be able to say something that is of interest to

others." - Ed Dolan

>>> The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
>>> figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive cross posting.
>>
>> TM is a poor crazy bastard for sure, but cross posting is normal for
>> Usenet.
>> Most newsgroups are simply too small to support a sufficient discussion.

Edward Dolan

Jun 24, 2010, 10:04:46 PM6/24/10

On Jun 23, 7:03 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

> TM is a poor crazy bastard for sure, but cross posting is normal for
> Usenet.
> Most newsgroups are simply too small to support a sufficient discussion.

>> Well actually, you omitted an expletive. Becoming more and more
STATISTICALLY normal, does not make it "normal". What we have here is
an example of a logical fallacy know as argumentum ad numerum
(argument or appeal to numbers). Ed Dolan use to rail on about those
who cross-posted, but when he started doing it then it became
"normal". Balderdash! Unfortunately, as common as cross-posting has
become, it is even more common that it is considered improper
netiquette and Ed is one of the worst offenders often cross-posting to
irrelevant newsgroups.

I do not normally originate many posts. I simply follow whatever is already
there. Even so, who gives a damn about what is cross -posted to wherever.
All of Usenet is for the birds and only idiots like you don't realize it.
All forums must be moderated in order to have intelligent discussion.
Otherwise what you get is what you see - idiots blathering to idiots!

> There is never anything to prevent you from posting whatever message you
> want. The trick is to be able to say something that is of interest to
> others.

>> The only thing to prevent you from posting whatever message you want
is an exercise in common sense. Try it sometime. Saying something of
interest is an objective you have yet to master. You need to work on
both of these.

I am always too busy dealing with idiots like you to ever get to anything of
substance.

Edward Dolan

Jun 24, 2010, 10:08:01 PM6/24/10

"JimmyMac" <jimmy...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

That is because TM is a poor crazy bastard who does not have a clue about
anything. I liken him to a village idiot.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 25, 2010, 9:14:45 AM6/25/10
On Jun 24, 10:08 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 23, 6:17 pm, George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> > > My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's.
> > > Mr.
>
> > Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit
> > because of you making the S/N ration so poor.
>
> > The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
> > figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive crossposting.
>
> undoubtedly take less offense than will HEAD Doaln the GRATE.
>
> That is because TM is a poor crazy bastard who does not have a clue about
> anything. I liken him to a village idiot.

I'm a Wise Tibetan Monkey with a story to tell about peanuts...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtlYyuJjACw

***

Bicycles are like peanuts too. They don't feed the economy enough to
be important. But SUVs are subsidized so they prosper and multiply.

It's a complex world out there, where some are lucky and others are
fucked.

JimmyMac

Jun 25, 2010, 10:29:41 AM6/25/10
On Jun 24, 9:04 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Excuses ... excuses!

JimmyMac

Jun 25, 2010, 10:32:04 AM6/25/10
On Jun 24, 9:08 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 23, 6:17 pm, George <geo...@nospam.invalid> wrote:
>
> > On 6/22/2010 6:29 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
>
> > > My posts cannot be compared to any others, not even to Tom Sherman's.
> > > Mr.
>
> > Sure they can. I used to be active in the cycling groups but quit
> > because of you making the S/N ration so poor.
>
> > The only reason I again see your posts and the goofball TM who can't
> > figure out this isn't a blog is because of the massive crossposting.
>
> undoubtedly take less offense than will HEAD Doaln the GRATE.
>
> That is because TM is a poor crazy bastard who does not have a clue about
> anything. I liken him to a village idiot.

Another opinion stated as face and unqualified as usual. We don't
expect IMHO since you will never be accused of being HUMBLE, but IMO
will do.

Edward Dolan

Jun 25, 2010, 5:32:52 PM6/25/10

On Jun 24, 9:08 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
[...]

> That is because TM is a poor crazy bastard who does not have a clue about
> anything. I liken him to a village idiot.

>> Another opinion stated as face and unqualified as usual. We don't
expect IMHO since you will never be accused of being HUMBLE, but IMO
will do.

I have stated many times before that newsgroups are all about opinion and
nothing else. It is simply a question of whose opinions are superior.

Kevan Smith

Jun 25, 2010, 11:15:38 PM6/25/10
On 6/25/10 4:32 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
> It is simply a question of whose opinions are superior.

LOL! Since opinions are like assholes, I guess you can translate that to
"who's the better asshole."

You are truly superior, sir.

Kevan

JimmyMac

Jun 26, 2010, 7:56:59 AM6/26/10
On Jun 25, 4:32 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> "JimmyMac" <jimmyma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 24, 9:08 pm, "Edward Dolan" <edo...@iw.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > That is because TM is a poor crazy bastard who does not have a clue about
> > anything. I liken him to a village idiot.
> >> Another opinion stated as face and unqualified as usual.  We don't
>
> expect IMHO since you will never be accused of being HUMBLE, but IMO
> will do.
>
> I have stated many times before that newsgroups are all about opinion and
> nothing else. It is simply a question of whose opinions are superior.

AND, as I have stated many times that you are wrong about that. It is
YOUR OPINION that newsgroups are all about opinion, but newsgroups are
more than that but being stubbornly opinionated, you will never
recognize that although you once confessed ... "I frankly do not have
the slightest idea what newsgroups are all about."

Edward Dolan

Jun 26, 2010, 4:45:44 PM6/26/10

"Kevan Smith" <dr.go...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Opinions are not set in concrete, but can only be changed by a better
opinion. Some fools think facts determine what one should think about
anything, but that is most awfully wrong. Many things enter into an opinion,
but the chief thing that enters into it is raw intelligence, something that
is woefully totally lacking on these fucked-up newsgroups.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 5, 2010, 12:26:05 PM7/5/10
On Jul 5, 2:27 am, Brother Nate <bron...@gmail.com> wrote:

> History definitely includes some shameful things about how
> drug policy has evolved. I'm not here to dispute the existence
> of that baggage. What I *do* stand by is that even in the
> pre-prohibition days when it was legal for apothecaries to
> sell opiate medicines to stop babies from crying, it was a
> horrible idea to use opium for that purpose, and it makes
> sense for government to step in and insist that we try to
> diagnose *why* a kid is crying and not just drug them into
> silence.

We agree on many respects, Brother, but not on this one. Not that we
should give opiate to kids, but that the government really cares about
the welfare of kids...

We are making addicts out of kids as we speak. Millions of them,
making them die a slow painful death, and sometimes even making it
difficult for them to get healthcare, again with the full support of
the Christians.

I'm talking about the biggest addiction in America: JUNK FOOD
compounded with LAZY LIFESTYLE. In Scandinavia and the UK, they
regulate that, but not here. Congress even moved to prevent lawsuits
against the junk food industry, and now it is banned without further
explanation.

Talking about STUPIDITY, my little mouse knows he must be spin the
wheel to be healthy. But the Christians go to church and then go
shopping. They seat and watch TV --certainly not Animal Planet-- and
grow fat.

And they feel real proud of their wars everywhere. Surely they will
win before the end of the world, which is coming soon anyway. So who
cares?

By the way, my little mouse is always looking for a mental challenge,
you know what I mean? ;)

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jul 6, 2010, 11:50:22 PM7/6/10
On Jul 6, 6:53 pm, Billy <wildbi...@withouta.net> wrote:

> Feeding won't be of any use, if we don't reduce the size of the planets
> population. Six point nine billion today, 9 billion by 2050, 12 billion
> by 2067. We are already at the carrying capacity or 20% over it for
> humanity. We are not sustainable.
>
> To this enormous problem is added the risk, any day now, of biotech
> genetic enhancements which will let people live much longer, if not
> indefinitely. High birth rates, lower death rates, isn't a solution.
>
> Yet no one speaks of this, certainly not our "leaders".
>
> One possible approach is tax breaks for those who have no children, and
> draconian, progressive tax structure for those couples that have more
> than one child.
>
> Otherwise, we may as well wish our successors luck.
>
> In the meantime, all efforts should be made by the industrialized
> countries of the world (re: colonial powers) to suspend the profit
> motive until all are fed, and have clean water to drink, and have thier
> sewage treated. Good news is that it would cost less than the Bush/Obama
> wars.

Thank you. It all makes sense to me.

But we are also overlooking the different capacity of one human being
to consume 20 times what other does. The main problem as I see it is
selling the American model for the world. What are the SUVs doing in
the Third World?

Why can't we copy Holland instead?