Evil cyclists?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 10, 2011, 11:02:28 AM3/10/11
(from my local forum)

Posted by Jess
"Once the deco bike program launches, motorists in Miami Beach will
have no choice but to move over and give way to bicycles. The bikes
are going to take over

I agree about sharing the road with drivers on the phone. Jesus, talk
about unaware of their surroundings."

***

That's the hope, Jess. The farther away we are, the better.

Like I told you before, many cyclists argue that bike lanes are not
the solution. It sounds crazy, dumb or evil (who knows the agenda they
have or if they are elitist cyclists). The problem I have with bike
lanes is that indeed they never seem to get you where you go or simply
"disappear."

My fear though that only a trickle will up here to Normandy and even
fewer will go over the bridge (not allowed with the Deco Bikes) where
the real beauty is. I've said it, IT WOULD BE A CRIME NOT TO MAKE BIKE
LANES along the 71st ST and 96th ST causeways. The last one cost me a
big humiliation over a stupid ordinance to walk bike over the bridge,
which vigilante drivers feel obligated to enforce.

If they don't listen to the reality, and this humble advice, many more
incidents will come.