Interview with Amy Dacyczyn's daughters!

leno...@yahoo.com

Jan 12, 2014, 4:42:58 PM1/12/14
For any newcomers, Amy Dacyczyn is the author of "The Complete Tightwad Gazette," which used to be a newsletter in the 1990s.

The interviews are from last May.

Apparently, the three sons just didn't want to talk....but the daughters' interviews are pretty good. The three now range from age 22 to 28. Jamie is the oldest.

http://thefrugalshrink.blogspot.com/2013/05/dacyczyn-interviews-jamie-part-1.html
(Jamie, part 1)

http://thefrugalshrink.blogspot.com/2013/05/dacyczyn-interviews-jamie-part-2.html
(Jamie, part 2)

http://thefrugalshrink.blogspot.com/2013/05/dacyczyn-interviews-rebecca.html
(Rebecca)

http://thefrugalshrink.blogspot.com/2013/05/dacyczyn-interviews-laura.html
(Laura)

Great quote from Laura:

"My advice to parents is that children depend less on money for happiness than adults do. It doesn’t matter if the toy costs fifty cents or fifty dollars, they are just going to play with the box it came in anyways. My fondest memories of childhood are not of the toys or clothes I owned, instead they are of the family I spent my time with and the general wonder of being a child. On the flip side, the most negative memories I have of childhood are in no way connected to money."

Lenona.