Internet Fax Service Recommendations

Kompu Kid

Dec 11, 2010, 12:21:35 AM12/11/10
Hello All:

I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.

I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.

I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
offer does not matter.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Deguza

Gordon

Dec 11, 2010, 1:35:40 AM12/11/10
Kompu Kid <deg...@hotmail.com> wrote in news:97ecd821-069c-46bf-90f1-
b947db...@m20g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

First off, if you have, or can get, a dialup fax/modem you can use
it to send faxes. Even if you don't use it for internet access.
Unless you don't have a landline.

To receive a fax, check if you have a voicemail service that
can receive faxes. IIRC: Verizon Wireless e-mail can receive
short faxes. Some VoIP phone services also can receive faxes.
It totally beats me why traditional landline companies haven't
been offering this service.

The internet is rife with fax services, it's just a matter of finding
them.

SMS

Dec 11, 2010, 8:44:30 AM12/11/10
On 12/10/2010 9:21 PM, Kompu Kid wrote:
> Hello All:
>
> I have been doing research on getting an internet fax service.
>
> I currently have a free eFax account. Full version will work, but it
> is a bit pricey compared to some others such as Faxbetter.
>
> I will be a low volume user, and having a toll-free number which some
> offer does not matter.

I've been using Faxaway. $1 a month, outgoing is 11¢ per minute (U.S.).
No charge for incoming. You'll get a number with a 206 area code. Much
less expensive than Faxbetter.

<http://faxaway.com/>

I find that it can take up to ten minutes for an outgoing FAX to be sent
from their servers.

Basically you want to put whatever you're sending into a .doc file,
though other file formats are supported. They also have a free TIFF
converter which is the format to use for sending graphics that works the
best, but graphics inside a .doc file are also fine.

It doesn't support non-U.S. character sets--you'll need to convert the
document to a TIFF if you use those.

User guide is at <http://faxaway.com/user_guide/Faxaway_User_GUIDE.pdf>