Brita water filter

aesthete8

Jan 5, 2010, 8:20:52 PM1/5/10
Is there any water filter that does not use paper filters?

Al

Jan 5, 2010, 10:13:36 PM1/5/10
On Jan 5, 8:20 pm, aesthete8 <art...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any water filter that does not use paper filters?

Google is your friend. There are many mediums in addition to or
besides paper. Charcoal in various densities is common. Other
composite materials are used to catch various chemicals and microbes.
A single medium is not complete. Paper and sock type prefilters are
helpful in catching large particles and this multiple stage function
allows the tighter mediums down the line to last longer before being
filled up. What you chose depends on whether it is at the point of use
or for the whole house. If you merely want to clear up some drinking
water, a simple inline charcoal filter such as used on ice makers does
a fair job.

RickMerrill

Jan 6, 2010, 8:43:24 AM1/6/10

The water finds "paths" through charcoal so its efficiency drops over
time and they can be expensive to replace, but they can do the best job.

Some whole-house filters use wound-string (not paper) and come in a
variety of "sizes" (measured in microns - i.e. the smallest "hole").

VFW

Jan 6, 2010, 10:05:15 AM1/6/10
In article <hi241t$had$1...@news.eternal-september.org>,
RickMerrill <R...@spamless.com> wrote:

we love our Multi-Pure. Found a stainless steel model at a yard sale.'
the solid block cartridges are expensive, but they don't channel and
they don't use silver to fight bacteria as they do in the cheaper
granular carbon filters.
You do get what you pay for.
--
Hint; Enjoy the moment !