Good price for ground turkey these days?

Ohioguy

Aug 5, 2010, 12:17:15 PM8/5/10
4-5 years ago, this was selling for 79c a pound around here, frozen
in 1 pound plastic tubes. I noticed it had a bit less fat than
hamburger, so I figured it was a healthier, cheaper alternative.

Today I went to Aldi's to stock up the freezer, and noticed that the
price had jumped to $1.39 - roughly a 76% increase during that period.
Price at Kroger's seems to be about $1.50, and price at Wal-Mart is
$1.4x or so.

Ground turkey has been one of our staples for adding protein to our
diet, and the 76% increase in price has made it more difficult to
stretch our grocery budget.

Anyone know of a grocery chain that regularly has this for a better
price? Thanks!