Re: Geithner aides made millions on Wall Street

martin

Oct 15, 2009, 1:09:22 PM10/15/09
On Oct 15, 6:58 am, grey_ghost471-newsgro...@yahoo.com (Gray Ghost)
wrote:
> Umm, conflict of interest anyone?
>
> Remember the good old days when rotten conservatives got rich by actually
> providing products or services people wanted to buy. Now just get into a
> crooked administration and act on insider information. The calim the people
> that catch you are racists.
>
> The structure is to infested to fumigate. Burn it down and start over.
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/f012c4b2-b8f6-11de-98ee-00144feab49a.html
>
> Financial Times FT.com
> Geithner aides made millions on Wall Street
>
> By Tom Braithwaite in Washington
>
> Published: October 14 2009 20:49 | Last updated: October 14 2009 20:49
>
> Obama administration officials now working on fixing and regulating the
> financial system were beneficiaries of several million dollars in pay from
> Wall Street and private equity companies, it has been revealed.
>
> Financial disclosure forms show that prior to joining the government, Gene
> Sperling, a senior Treasury adviser, was paid $887,727 by Goldman Sachs and
> $158,000 for speeches to companies that included Stanford Group, the company
> run by Sir Allen Stanford, who has since been charged with fraud.
>
> Mr Sperling’s compensation from Goldman was for work on a philanthropic
> project. His overall pay, including for his main job at the Council on
> Foreign Relations, totalled $2.2m in the 13 months to January.
>
> The forms, which were first obtained by Bloomberg, showed that Matthew
> Kabaker, another adviser in the Treasury, earned $5.8m at Blackstone, the
> private equity firm, in the two years before joining the administration to
> work on plans to support banks and spur lending. Much of the compensation was
> in stock.
>
> Lewis Alexander, another adviser, was chief economist to Citigroup before
> joining the administration; he was paid $2.4m in the last two years.
>
> Even though some of the officials whose previous salaries were disclosed are
> senior, many were appointed as “counselors”, meaning they escaped Senate
> confirmation hearings which could have highlighted their past remuneration
> and employment at a time of heightened animosity towards the financial
> industry.
>
> Earlier this month the release of the telephone call logs of Tim Geithner,
> Treasury secretary, showed he had numerous conversations with a number of
> Wall Street executives, sparking allegations that the administration was too
> close to the industry.
>
> Officials argued then and on Wednesday that it was important to have skilled
> people working for the government as it crafted complicated financial rescues
> and for Mr Geithner to communicate with financial sector executives. Mr
> Geithner, the former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, has
> never worked on Wall Street.
>
> Mr Obama, however, has hit out at the culture that he said prevailed before
> last year’s financial crisis – at a time when many of the Treasury officials
> [...]

Break their grubbing balls! (America needs a total rebuild, but first
it
decay a tad more.

tt

http://www.vdare.com/ V-Dare

GLOBALIST

Oct 15, 2009, 1:28:03 PM10/15/09
Dear Mr Simpleton,
This is all money they made as 'private citizens' ,before they ever
accepted a federal job and why were they offered the federal jobs in
the first place? BECAUSE they did understand how Wallstreet works and
functions. They were not training Arabian horses and called in to
work on something that they did not know anything about.
Be as shocked as you want, but nothing they
did was illegal or unethical.
Would you let folks who hid out during the Vietnam war be the
commander and chief? Opps! Sorry you already did that.

Gray Ghost

Oct 15, 2009, 4:54:46 PM10/15/09
GLOBALIST <free....@gmail.com> wrote in news:4b7acd55-6e6c-4e16-8aaf-
b533d8...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

Hell we let a draft dodger be command in chief, but he was your guy. Out guy
flew jet fighters in the ANG.

Bob F

Oct 21, 2009, 10:47:28 AM10/21/09

To get out of vietnam, his daddy got him into the ANG. Just as much of a draft
dodger.

And how many deferments did Cheney get. That would be 5.

Gray Ghost

Oct 21, 2009, 11:03:06 AM10/21/09
"Bob F" <bobn...@gmail.com> wrote in

Never the less, he was in the ANG. He trained and was certified to fly the F-
102, which he did. It is also a fact that f-102 squadrons did rotate to
Thailand to fly MigCap and Bush did volunteer to go.

Of course while Bush was actually flying a multimillion dollar, mach plus,
nuclear missile capable interceptor, your hero Gore was in Vietnam engaged in
hamd to hand combat with a typewriter while being covered by his escort and
your other hero Clinton was in the Soviet Union, having really dodged the
draft.

So which mach plus fighters are you certified to fly? None? What you couldn't
cut it physically? Not smart enough?