Wireless Service Plans for Laptops

Michael White

Feb 5, 2009, 8:25:29 AM2/5/09
I'd like to use my laptop for web browsing in the mall and in my office in
the Dallas (TX) area. Who provides the best quality (speed) service plan?
Who provides the best value plan?

Does a smartphone do better than a laptop for this purpose?

Thanks.

Woody

Feb 5, 2009, 8:40:22 AM2/5/09

"Michael White" <x...@yyy.com> wrote in message

Just don't believe Verizon's claim that they charge you 0.002 cents a
minute, or the cents will turn into dollars on your first bill, and you
won't be able to explain to the idiots at Verizon where they made their
mistake.

Woody

Dave Garland

Feb 5, 2009, 11:39:19 AM2/5/09
Woody wrote:
> Just don't believe Verizon's claim that they charge you 0.002 cents a
> minute, or the cents will turn into dollars on your first bill, and you
> won't be able to explain to the idiots at Verizon where they made their
> mistake.

You got that right. Although that recording of Verizon idiots was
made in 2005, so they may have figured out by now that cents are not
the same as dollars.

Dave

Rod Speed

Feb 5, 2009, 3:03:41 PM2/5/09
Michael White wrote:

Its much more portable, but the much smaller screen is a real downside.

Really depends on what you are looking at on it.

George

Feb 6, 2009, 10:55:31 AM2/6/09
Smartphones are better in the sense that they are small enough to carry
and are able to do most stuff but on a small screen but you can tether
your notebook/netbook/whatever when you want to have a larger screen. I
don't know anything about data in Texas but in general Verizon Wireless
has the best data network.