Can a people that drive SUVs and launch wars be called civilized?

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 18, 2010, 3:19:23 PM1/18/10
I have my own jungle theory that would shock much of the so-called
"civilized world"... WE ARE STILL MONKEYS! The signs are everywhere:
Gorillas driving SUVs to show their hierarchy and intimidate others,
monkeys driven into war by alpha males...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/f/f6/Armed_monkeys.jpg

There are other signs of our simian ancestors, such as loving bananas,
but those are naturally good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------­­----------

"The signs are everywhere, but the monkey in your brain plays tricks
with them"

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 18, 2010, 3:33:32 PM1/18/10
On Jan 18, 10:59 am, Think <teddybe...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Funny pic!
> Yeah, the cerebral cortex is really just a thin layer covering up a
> bunch of stuff that evolved hundreds of thousands of years earlier.

Imho it doesn't take much anxiety to pull back the blanket and
expose
> the underbelly of human nature. And that's exactly what worries me
> now that we've turned the corner on the exponential curve of
> population growth. The limits of Earth's resources are being
> approached at an ever increasing rate of speed and the collision will
> be similar in form to such past collisions. But the numbers will be
> vastly greater than anything ever experienced before. (Geez, I sound
> like I ought to be carrying crates of ammo into my bunker.)

> What are the odds that we'll resolve the population and resources
> issue without a whole heap of suffering? 50-50? My guess is it will
> be a black swan event if we are able to AVOID it. So that raises the
> question of when. And that I just don't know. Range? 50 to 150
> years off the top of my head.

> Have a banana!

I totally agree with you and also see a 50/50 chance of having a happy
ending or a tragic ending. What it is happening though is that the
alpha males among us (some of them are actually females) drive us into
this frenzy for CONSUMPTION AND WAR and the FOOLISH MONKEYS follow...

Will the banana brake this cycle and will love conquer the beast?
That's equally possible...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hwPl7e7OWU

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 18, 2010, 4:47:56 PM1/18/10

On Jan 18, 1:22 pm, Think <teddybe...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> You misunderstood my prognostication. It was actually much less than
> 50/50 that we'll resolve it with minimal suffering.
>
> Monkey see, monkey do. Which one wins? The one that gets fed.

I realize now that the future struggles will be between the monkeys
that get fed and the ones that don't.

TheTibetanMonkey

Jan 19, 2010, 11:45:42 AM1/19/10
On Jan 19, 8:14 am, default <defa...@defaulter.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 07:57:01 -0800 (PST), TheTibetanMonkey
> showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle
>
> <nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >But WHOEVER CONTROLS THE FOOD... CONTROLS THE JUNGLE! That "control"
> >can indeed be a weapon and, for example, the handling of food by the
> >churches give us some idea WHY they have so much control over the
> >sheep.
>
> Sounds like you read Ishmael?
>
> The book opens with a deceptively ordinary personals ad: "Teacher
> seeks pupil. Must have an earnest desire to save the world." Seeking a
> direction for his life, a young man answers the ad and is startled to
> find that the teacher is a lowland gorilla named Ishmael, a creature
> uniquely placed to vision anew the human story.
>
> Ishmael's paradigm of history is startlingly different from the one
> wired into our cultural consciousness. For Ishmael, our agricultural
> revolution was not a technological event but a moral one, a rebellion
> against an ethical structure inherent in the community of life since
> its foundation four billion years ago. Having escaped the restraints
> of this ethical structure, humankind made itself a global tyrant,
> wielding deadly force over all other species while lacking the wisdom
> to make its tyranny a beneficial one or even a sustainable one.
>
> That tyranny is now hurtling us toward a planetary disaster of
> pollution and overpopulation. If we want to avoid that catastrophe, we
> need to work our way back to some fundamental truths: that we weren't
> born a menace to the world and that no irresistible fate compels us to
> go on being a menace to the world.
>
> http://www.ishmael.org/welcome.cfm
> --

Good, good stuff. It's the machine raging against the individual. I
try to ride a bicycle and everytime I bump into the reality... The
reality is the cars control road, and I'm just an "accident" there, or
an accident waiting to happen, if you will. What can I do about it?
Nothing, stay in my cage and punch keys until I get my message across
to other monkeys.

We accept everything new as good. If a new, bigger SUV comes out in
2010, we go rushing for it. Nevermind all the news of a global
environmental crisis...

The question is, HOW DO WE PUT THE HUNGRY LION IN THE CAGE and feed
him bananas? ;)

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 19, 2010, 12:47:22 PM1/19/10
On Jan 19, 9:17 am, Father Haskell

> > What if Haiti --like Easter Island-- serves as a warning to the world
> > of what is the cost of dilapidating the forests, having unsustainable
> > populations and worshipping gods that are good for nothing?
>
> >http://www.crystalinks.com/moai_eyes.jpg
>
> > Overpopulation by itself though won't explain why Holland is so
> > prosperous and Sudan so poor.
>
> The Dutch don't live under islamic rule.

The Dutch seems to be wiser than both Islam and Christianity.

They simply ride bikes and enjoy the outdoors, and don't get involved
in too many wars, other than the one in Afghanistan, and that's
because their elites feel committed to American elites in trying to
save the West. But America is sinking the West slowly with so many
wars and excessive pollution.

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2010, 4:50:17 PM1/19/10
TheTibetanMonkey comandante.ban...@yahoo.com wrote

> What if Haiti --like Easter Island-- serves as a warning to the world
> of what is the cost of dilapidating the forests, having unsustainable
> populations and worshipping gods that are good for nothing?

Easter island was actually due to the rats they imported, they loved
the seeds of the trees and wiped them out because they did.
www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2009/2589097.htm&usg=AFQjCNEDVY33b3LFGyNmgGN8ryr4dUnCyw

> http://www.crystalinks.com/moai_eyes.jpg

> Overpopulation by itself though won't explain
> why Holland is so prosperous and Sudan so poor.

HongKong in spades.

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 19, 2010, 5:07:26 PM1/19/10
On Jan 18, 2:41 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 18, 5:12 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 18, 2:07 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Gorillas are shy, and quite gentle. They make excellent
> > > babysitters.
>
> > >http://www.koko.org/world/images/smoky/smoky_tribute3.jpg
>
> > Soccer moms too are babysitters but can be quite dangerous driving
> > those beastly SUVs.
>
> You really don't expect a 600 lb gorilla to drive a
> Mini Cooper, do you?

Most of the people who drive SUVs are midgets, physically or morally.
I expect gorillas to ride a bike and get in shape.

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 19, 2010, 5:10:07 PM1/19/10
On Jan 19, 1:50 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> TheTibetanMonkey comandante.ban...@yahoo.com wrote
>
> > What if Haiti --like Easter Island-- serves as a warning to the world
> > of what is the cost of dilapidating the forests, having unsustainable
> > populations and worshipping gods that are good for nothing?
>
> Easter island was actually due to the rats they imported, they loved
> the seeds of the trees and wiped them out because they did.www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2009/2589097.htm&usg=AFQjCNEDV...

> >http://www.crystalinks.com/moai_eyes.jpg
> > Overpopulation by itself though won't explain
> > why Holland is so prosperous and Sudan so poor.
>
> HongKong in spades.

Not a clue about that "theory." But anyone can realize all the wasted
time and resources that went into building and moving those stupid
statues.

Rod Speed

Jan 19, 2010, 11:27:04 PM1/19/10
TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote

> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> TheTibetanMonkey comandante.ban...@yahoo.com wrote

>>> What if Haiti --like Easter Island-- serves as a warning to the world
>>> of what is the cost of dilapidating the forests, having unsustainable
>>> populations and worshipping gods that are good for nothing?

>> Easter island was actually due to the rats they imported, they loved
>> the seeds of the trees and wiped them out because they did.
>> www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2009/2589097.htm&usg=AFQjCNEDV...

>>> http://www.crystalinks.com/moai_eyes.jpg
>>> Overpopulation by itself though won't explain
>>> why Holland is so prosperous and Sudan so poor.

>> HongKong in spades.

> Not a clue about that "theory."

It isnt a theory, the rats are still there and you can see their tooth marks on the seeds.

> But anyone can realize all the wasted time and resources
> that went into building and moving those stupid statues.

Sure, but the stupid egyptians did a hell of a lot more than that and survived fine.

TheTibetanMonkey

Jan 19, 2010, 11:47:25 PM1/19/10
On Jan 19, 8:27 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote
>
> > Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
> >> TheTibetanMonkey comandante.ban...@yahoo.com wrote
> >> Easter island was actually due to the rats they imported, they loved
> >> the seeds of the trees and wiped them out because they did.
> >>www.abc.net.au/rn/counterpoint/stories/2009/2589097.htm&usg=AFQjCNEDV...
> >> HongKong in spades.
> > Not a clue about that "theory."
>
> It isnt a theory, the rats are still there and you can see their tooth marks on the seeds.

Maybe it was a minor factor, not the big one.

> > But anyone can realize all the wasted time and resources
> > that went into building and moving those stupid statues.
>
> Sure, but the stupid egyptians did a hell of a lot more than that and survived fine.

They had too much space to ruin it.

Now we have 6.5 billion and growing --with no place to go-- and with
the technology to destroy everything. I'm sure one SUV can cause more
damage than 100 Egyptians shitting and farting.

Rod Speed

Jan 20, 2010, 3:32:38 AM1/20/10
TheTibetanMonkey wrote

> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote
>> TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle wrote
>>> Rod Speed <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote

>>> Not a clue about that "theory."

>> It isnt a theory, the rats are still there and you can see their tooth marks on the seeds.

> Maybe it was a minor factor, not the big one.

Easy to claim. Have fun actually substantiating that claim.

>>> But anyone can realize all the wasted time and resources
>>> that went into building and moving those stupid statues.

>> Sure, but the stupid egyptians did a hell of a lot more than that and survived fine.

> They had too much space to ruin it.

Easy to claim. Have fun actually substantiating that claim.

> Now we have 6.5 billion and growing

Not one modern first world country is even self replacing on population if you take out immigration.

> --with no place to go-- and with the technology to destroy everything.

Only in your pathetic little pig ignorant fantasyland.

> I'm sure one SUV can cause more damage than 100 Egyptians shitting and farting.

In spades with a single one of you apes on bicycles.