Live and learn. Amazon $ vs: Walmart $

KenK

Jul 10, 2017, 1:43:21 PM7/10/17
My Walmart Neighborhood Market appears to be cutting back on baking stuff.
For example no more potato stasrch which I use when baking gluten free
bread.

So i looked at Amazom.

Walmart Hodgson Mill 8 oz. tapioca starch $1.96
Amazon Hodgson Mill 8 oz. tapioca starch $20 and change for 4 packages -
that's $5+ each.

Somewhere I had gotten the idea that Amazon had low prices. Evidently far
from it, unless this was an exception, I'll certainly shop around before I
buy from Amazon in the future.

wilm...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2017, 2:30:44 PM7/10/17
Amazon can be very expensive. I always compare against Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Krueger, Walgreens, Target, Best Buy and Craig's List. What used to take all day, can now be done in a few minutes. Oh, don't forget the library.

Michael Black

Jul 10, 2017, 8:19:38 PM7/10/17
I was just reading that up north, people with enough money are paying for
Prime, and buying their food that way. Because up there the food is
really expensive. But so long as Amazon is paying the shipping, prices
are reasonable.

Though, Amazon has already limited where it will send up there for free
shipping. And they are worried that Amazon will notice, and cut off the
rest.

Michael

21bla...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2017, 3:26:07 PM7/14/17
i find that prices can jump around, up and down on Amazon

[and don't forget Ebay, or a general google search]

marc

wilm...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2017, 5:00:26 PM7/14/17
E-Bay scares me. Only Craigslist is more represented on Judge Judy. E-Bay, it seems you might be dealing with a fat guy in New Jersey , from his mother's basement mails you a brick. With Amazon and others, they'll refund even if the customer is wrong, just to keep the peace. E-Bay, not so much. I have in ten years dealing with Amazon requested less than twenty dollars in refunds. Things are pretty much as advertised (or at least as reviewed). Too many stories of E-Bay vendors selling a picture (only) of an iPhone or computer, then one is left trying to get one's money back from a teenager or PO box.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 14, 2017, 5:25:50 PM7/14/17
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 4:00:26 PM UTC-5, wilm...@gmail.com wrote:

> E-Bay scares me. Only Craigslist is more represented on Judge Judy. E-Bay, it seems you might be dealing with a fat guy in New Jersey, from his mother's basement mails you a brick.

If that happens all you have to do is register a complaint with eBay
and you'll get your money back.

With Amazon and others, they'll refund even if the customer is wrong, just to keep the peace. E-Bay, not so much.

Not true, you'll get your money back on eBay.

I have in ten years dealing with Amazon requested less than twenty dollars in refunds. Things are pretty much as advertised (or at least as reviewed). Too many stories of E-Bay vendors selling a picture (only) of an iPhone or computer, then one is left trying to get one's money back from a teenager or PO box.

Proof of these 'stories'? It's evident you don't shop nor sell on
eBay.

The Real Bev

Jul 14, 2017, 6:06:25 PM7/14/17
We bought counterfeit 128GB SD cards from both Amazon and ebay. We got
our money back in both cases with no problems. All dealt with by email
and didn't even have to mail back the cards. I've bought low-priced
stuff (knitting needles etc.) from ebay and the sellers have always made
it right when problems arose. Even aliexpress, although it took filing
a complaint with the credit card company.

The problem with buying expensive stuff from China is the cost of
shipping it back. $60 for a $100 tablet, for instance. Now I don't buy
anything I'm not willing to eat if it doesn't work out.

--
Cheers, Bev
I bought a tape called "Subliminal Advertising"

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 14, 2017, 11:14:41 PM7/14/17
On Friday, July 14, 2017 at 5:06:25 PM UTC-5, The Real Bev wrote:

> We bought counterfeit 128GB SD cards from both Amazon and ebay. We got
> our money back in both cases with no problems. All dealt with by email
> and didn't even have to mail back the cards. I've bought low-priced
> stuff (knitting needles etc.) from ebay and the sellers have always made
> it right when problems arose. Even aliexpress, although it took filing
> a complaint with the credit card company.
>
> The problem with buying expensive stuff from China is the cost of
> shipping it back. $60 for a $100 tablet, for instance. Now I don't buy
> anything I'm not willing to eat if it doesn't work out.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev

I've only had trouble with 2 or 3 dealers in all the years I've
shopped on eBay. Every time the dealer refunded or made good
on their auction.