I remember...

The Real Bev

Jul 1, 2021, 12:41:16 AM7/1/21
,,,back in the Dark Ages when we used to write stuff. You know, actual
words making sentences and paragraphs. Links are nice, of course, but a
card catalog is NOT communication. You DO remember card catalogs,
right? Lovely things made of oak with brass fittings...

--
Cheers, Bev
His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of morbid curiosity.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Jul 1, 2021, 7:59:18 PM7/1/21
I agree. This group should be called the "gggg gggg group of perpetual links."
Mostly click-bait links.

Nyssa

Jul 2, 2021, 9:00:29 AM7/2/21
The Real Bev wrote:

> ,,,back in the Dark Ages when we used to write stuff. You
> know, actual
> words making sentences and paragraphs. Links are nice, of
> course, but a
> card catalog is NOT communication. You DO remember card
> catalogs,
> right? Lovely things made of oak with brass fittings...

Ah, yes those were lovely well-crafted items meant to
last through a several lifetimes of hands pawing through
the drawers full of cards seeking knowledge.

Nyssa, who wishes modern woodworking talents were up to
those challenges these days

Nyssa

Jul 2, 2021, 9:03:10 AM7/2/21
He does the same danged thing in soc.history.medieval too.

What is it about "discussion" that gggg gggg doesn't
understand?

Nyssa, who remembers writing answers to many "discussion
questions" during her schooldays, so knows how to write
both sentences and paragraphs