Round Two Of "The Great Bush Depression" Now In Sight! Retail Sales Down In May!

Sigmond Fraud

Jun 11, 2010, 8:50:50 AM6/11/10
The long-predicted 13.5-percent national UNEMPLOYMENT rate by mid-2011
is steadily becoming reality.

Yet U.S. jobless, education-less, racist dumb'uns prefer to blame
Obama!

=====
"Retail sales drop 1.2 percent in May"

By MARTIN CRUTSINGER
The Associated Press
Friday, June 11, 2010; 8:34 AM

WASHINGTON -- Retail sales plunged in May by the largest amount in
eight months as consumers slashed spending on everything from cars to
clothing. The big drop raises new worries about the durability of the
economic recovery.

The Commerce Department says that spending fell 1.2 percent last
month. Auto sales were down 1.7 percent but there was widespread
weakness in a number of areas. Excluding autos, sales fell 1.1
percent.

The big decline cast new doubts about the strength of the economic
recovery. Consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of total economic
activity. Economists are concerned that households will start trimming
outlays as they continued to be battered by high unemployment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/11/AR2010061102035.html?hpid=moreheadlines

GLOBALIST

Jun 11, 2010, 9:00:46 AM6/11/10
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/11/AR201...

That is a healthy indication that folks are learning to save and not
spend like they previously did.
They are going to have to do a hell of alot more of that in the coming
years.

Rod Speed

Jun 11, 2010, 2:07:15 PM6/11/10

Bet they dont.

Cindy Hamilton

Jun 11, 2010, 2:08:35 PM6/11/10
On Jun 11, 8:50 am, Sigmond Fraud <slipuva...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The long-predicted 13.5-percent national UNEMPLOYMENT rate by mid-2011
> is steadily becoming reality.

We'd love to see 13.5% unemployment here in Michigan.

Rush'sButtBoy

Jun 12, 2010, 10:05:06 AM6/12/10
On Jun 11, 2:08 pm, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

=============

Okay ... for Michigan we'll shoot for 18-percent. That enough?

freeisbest

Jun 12, 2010, 10:22:45 AM6/12/10
On Jun 11, 8:50 am, Sigmond Fraud <slipuva...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The long-predicted 13.5-percent national UNEMPLOYMENT rate
> by mid-2011 is steadily becoming reality.
>
> Yet U.S. jobless, education-less, racist dumb'uns prefer to blame
> Obama!
Sad, isn't it, but that's what dumb MEANS - (a) always believing
Repubs when they bray that the free market merry-go-round will never,
ever stop, no matter what THEY do; (b) blaming exactly the people who
DIDN'T make the mess; and (c) continuing to suck up to the Free
Marketeers who skimmed all the money out of the U.S. Treasury.

> =====
> "Retail sales drop 1.2 percent in May"
> By MARTIN CRUTSINGER
> The Associated Press
> Friday, June 11, 2010; 8:34 AM
>
> WASHINGTON -- Retail sales plunged in May by the largest
> amount in eight months as consumers slashed spending on
> everything from cars to clothing. The big drop raises new
> worries about the durability of the economic recovery.
-snip-

> The big decline cast new doubts about the strength of
> the economic recovery. Consumer spending accounts for
> 70 percent of total economic activity.
But.. but... but them there Nobel economists down to WalMart told
us - exporting jobs don't hurt nuthin'!

> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/11/AR201...

George

Jun 12, 2010, 2:57:24 PM6/12/10
On 6/12/2010 10:22 AM, freeisbest wrote:
> On Jun 11, 8:50 am, Sigmond Fraud<slipuva...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > The long-predicted 13.5-percent national UNEMPLOYMENT rate
> > by mid-2011 is steadily becoming reality.
>>
>> Yet U.S. jobless, education-less, racist dumb'uns prefer to blame
>> Obama!
> Sad, isn't it, but that's what dumb MEANS - (a) always believing
> Repubs when they bray that the free market merry-go-round will never,
> ever stop, no matter what THEY do; (b) blaming exactly the people who
> DIDN'T make the mess; and (c) continuing to suck up to the Free
> Marketeers who skimmed all the money out of the U.S. Treasury.

Do we agree that the Congress is the only branch that can spend money?

Do we agree that the democrat Congress is the one who bailed out Wall St
(there was a strong democrat majority, if they are somehow better they
simply could have refused, you may also remember that then senator Obama
voted to reward the Wall St pirates by bailing them out)?

Given the above do you see why the voters are firing politicians who
represent the status quo?

Rod Speed

Jun 12, 2010, 3:13:07 PM6/12/10
George wrote:
> On 6/12/2010 10:22 AM, freeisbest wrote:
>> On Jun 11, 8:50 am, Sigmond Fraud<slipuva...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > The long-predicted 13.5-percent national UNEMPLOYMENT rate
>> > by mid-2011 is steadily becoming reality.
>>>
>>> Yet U.S. jobless, education-less, racist dumb'uns prefer to blame
>>> Obama!
>> Sad, isn't it, but that's what dumb MEANS - (a) always
>> believing Repubs when they bray that the free market merry-go-round
>> will never, ever stop, no matter what THEY do; (b) blaming exactly the people
>> who DIDN'T make the mess; and (c) continuing to suck up to the Free
>> Marketeers who skimmed all the money out of the U.S. Treasury.

> Do we agree that the Congress is the only branch that can spend money?

Nope, most obviously with the fucking over of Afghanistan. The Prez can just order that.

> Do we agree that the democrat Congress is the one who bailed out Wall St

Yes, to avoid another great depression or worse
and much higher costs than the bailout cost.

> (there was a strong democrat majority, if they are somehow better
> they simply could have refused, you may also remember that then
> senator Obama voted to reward the Wall St pirates by bailing them out)?

It wasnt Wall St pirates that completely imploded the entire world financial system, AGAIN.

> Given the above do you see why the voters are firing politicians who represent the status quo?

Yes, thats why the repugs got the bums rush from Congress.

Michael Coburn

Jun 12, 2010, 5:43:22 PM6/12/10
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 14:57:24 -0400, George wrote:

> On 6/12/2010 10:22 AM, freeisbest wrote:
>> On Jun 11, 8:50 am, Sigmond Fraud<slipuva...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> > The long-predicted 13.5-percent national UNEMPLOYMENT rate by
>> > mid-2011 is steadily becoming reality.
>>>
>>> Yet U.S. jobless, education-less, racist dumb'uns prefer to blame
>>> Obama!

>> Sad, isn't it, but that's what dumb MEANS - (a) always believing
>> Repubs when they bray that the free market merry-go-round will never,
>> ever stop, no matter what THEY do; (b) blaming exactly the people who
>> DIDN'T make the mess; and (c) continuing to suck up to the Free
>> Marketeers who skimmed all the money out of the U.S. Treasury.
>

> Do we agree that the Congress is the only branch that can spend money?

Not actually true, but it is DESIGNED to be that way. When the Commander
in Thief (holding ALL THE INTELLIGENCE DATA) puts the American soldiers
in harm's way it is like a hostage situation.

> Do we agree that the democrat Congress is the one who bailed out Wall St
> (there was a strong democrat majority, if they are somehow better they
> simply could have refused, you may also remember that then senator Obama
> voted to reward the Wall St pirates by bailing them out)?

We agree that the bailout was an "Iraq Redux". The Administration and the
Fed and the Treasury held all the cards and told the congress that a
financial mushroom cloud would ensue if there was no bailout. The
Republican lying pig party used the occasion to mark out its
"independence" of George Pinocchio Bush. It was not sufficient however
to stop the American people from throwing the Republican pigs out of
office.

> Given the above do you see why the voters are firing politicians who
> represent the status quo?

Yes. The people are a lot smarter than the politicians believe. The
people KNOW that all that borrowing and indentured servitude of the
productive members of the economy was not necessary. But the pigs keep
trumpeting the debt. A continuing to lie. The Democrats have joined the
chorus.

--
"Senate rules don't trump the Constitution" -- http://GreaterVoice.org/60