want to get rid of paper clutter

sahil

Jan 2, 2011, 4:00:05 PM1/2/11
Does anyone have a good idea about ‘kleeto’? Actually, I am struggling
with paper clutter at my home every day and a friend suggested me
about it but when I asked him about this service in detail, even he
did not have any clear idea. Somebody please tell in detail about
‘kleeto’.

Al

Jan 2, 2011, 4:24:54 PM1/2/11

There are many online companies that will back up your computer or
store documents. There are also many free clipboards that allow
storage only limited by the size of your hard disk. Kleeto is a new
service. They don't even have their web site complete. And the service
is very expensive and cumbersome to use. I see no reason to even
consider this service if they offered it for free.

Gordon

Jan 2, 2011, 7:06:25 PM1/2/11
sahil <sahilsh...@yahoo.in> wrote in news:4f4c0f32-e177-4523-b3df-
e0c42b...@c13g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

All you need is a decent scanner and a big hard drive.

Patricia Martin Steward

Jan 2, 2011, 7:27:38 PM1/2/11

Please. If this isn't a shill, I'm a giraffe.

The web site is a tad primitive, with slightly skewed English. I
didn't go any farther than the home page.

--
We are becoming a country that believes the rich have earned their money but the well educated have not
earned their intellectual superiority. This leads to a nation that idolizes Kardashians.

Michael Black

Jan 2, 2011, 9:53:45 PM1/2/11

And the real trick is to start now, and scan as the stuff comes in.

I got a scanner some years back, and automatically started scanning
the manuals (if they came as paper) and bills of things I bought, and
that's manageable. Keeping it all in one place, I find it's much easier
to find than looking through endless piles of paper.

The backlog is different, it's a much bigger project. But if one doesn't
start now, the backlog just gets bigger.

It's actually odd, I scan at decent resolution, and it still doesn't
accumulate that fast. So the original plan, of saving to CDROM or
DVD didn't happen, I haven't yet gotten that much to make a DVD worth
while. So I actually got some USB flash drives on sale, and use those
for archive. Still lots of space, even with 4gig drives, but the plan is
to pretty much only write to them, don't delete. They have the advantage
of not having to have a full "disk" accumulated before saving to the
drives.

I've done things like keep reviews of things I've bought with the bill
and manual, or in some cases articles about modifications. The point
being that one can often find useful information that should be kept
with the manual, and having it all in digital form allows it.

Michael

Dan Birchall

Jan 2, 2011, 11:30:58 PM1/2/11
sahilsh...@yahoo.in (sahil) wrote:
> Does anyone have a good idea about ?kleeto?? Actually, I am struggling

> with paper clutter at my home every day and a friend suggested me
> about it but when I asked him about this service in detail, even he
> did not have any clear idea. Somebody please tell in detail about
> ?kleeto?.

Sorry, but you've misspelled "Klaatu." As far as explaining it, I think
Wikipedia has a decent article, including a document image:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaatu_barada_nikto

Hope this helps!

--
http://08016.com/ - Burlington City history on the internet, since 1995.

Al

Jan 3, 2011, 7:20:14 AM1/3/11
On Jan 2, 11:30 pm, Dan Birchall <nob...@imaginary-
host.danbirchall.com> wrote:
> --http://08016.com/- Burlington City history on the internet, since 1995.

Nah, she/he didn't misspell anything. The whole idea was to drive
people to this kleeto site.

Gordon

Jan 3, 2011, 6:34:05 PM1/3/11
Michael Black <et...@ncf.ca> wrote in

> On Mon, 3 Jan 2011, Gordon wrote:
>
>> sahil <sahilsh...@yahoo.in> wrote in
>> e0c42b...@c13g2000prc.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> Does anyone have a good idea about ‘kleeto’? Actually, I am struggli
> ng
>>> with paper clutter at my home every day and a friend suggested me
>>> about it but when I asked him about this service in detail, even he
>>> did not have any clear idea. Somebody please tell in detail about
>>> ‘kleeto’.
>>
>> All you need is a decent scanner and a big hard drive.
>>
> And the real trick is to start now, and scan as the stuff comes in.
>
> I got a scanner some years back, and automatically started scanning
> the manuals (if they came as paper) and bills of things I bought, and
> that's manageable. Keeping it all in one place, I find it's much
> easier to find than looking through endless piles of paper.
>
> The backlog is different, it's a much bigger project.

> Michael
>
> --8323328-252083387-1294023225=:21142--

One thing to point out:
You can download manuals from the manufactur's web site and save
yorself some scanning. Even some older manuals may be available.
It's probalbly not necessary to scan billing statements either.
Keep the paper copies for a year, then schredd them. For the
electronic archive, go to the biller's web site and log into
your account. You should be able to get a printout or download
of your account history for the year. That should be all you need.

Bob F

Jan 3, 2011, 10:10:32 PM1/3/11

Whooosh!

Sofa Slug

Jan 7, 2011, 6:12:28 PM1/7/11
On 1/3/2011 7:10 PM, Bob F wrote:
> Al wrote:
>> On Jan 2, 11:30 pm, Dan Birchall<nob...@imaginary-
>> host.danbirchall.com> wrote:

>>> Sorry, but you've misspelled "Klaatu." As far as explaining it, I
>>> think
>>> Wikipedia has a decent article, including a document
>>> image:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klaatu_barada_nikto
>>>
>>> Hope this helps!
>>>
>>> --http://08016.com/- Burlington City history on the internet, since
>>> 1995.
>>
>> Nah, she/he didn't misspell anything. The whole idea was to drive
>> people to this kl**to site.
>
> Whooosh!

Yep ...like a DC-10 ;)

Here's a possible alternate ("as seen on TV") solution to the OP's spam:
<http://www.amazon.com/NeatDesk-Desktop-Scanner-Digital-Filing/dp/B001CQ8ER2>