Amazon PRIME

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 5:29:39 PM12/17/18
I don't understand how PRIME relates to shipping charges.

By joining P., are there any extra charges in the future?

John Weiss

Dec 17, 2018, 5:44:37 PM12/17/18
On 12/17/2018 14:29, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> I don't understand how PRIME relates to shipping charges.
>
> By joining P., are there any extra charges in the future?

You pay an annual membership fee.

If you make many orders at <$25 each, and/or you usually NEED your stuff
in 1 day, Prime can be a good deal. Otherwise, plan your orders and use
the default free shipping.

Vic Smith

Dec 17, 2018, 6:56:57 PM12/17/18
Just be aware that if you don't have Prime, Amazon will often sit on your orders for 5-6
days. Amazon is much slower to ship non-Prime.

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 8:59:03 PM12/17/18
On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 12:44:37 PM UTC-10, John Weiss wrote:
Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.

How much is that annual membership fee?

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2018, 9:06:56 PM12/17/18
When it says CHOOSE YOUR PRIME DELIVERY OPTION, if I choose any of the options give, does that mean that I have authorized myself to be automatically enrolled in PRIME?

John Weiss

Dec 17, 2018, 10:49:21 PM12/17/18
On 12/17/2018 15:56, Vic Smith wrote:

> Just be aware that if you don't have Prime, Amazon will often sit on your orders for 5-6
> days. Amazon is much slower to ship non-Prime.

I haven't found that to be the case. I often get deliveries in 1 or 2
days. However, I live in Seattle, so YMMV.

John Weiss

Dec 17, 2018, 10:51:00 PM12/17/18
On 12/17/2018 18:06, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

>> How much is that annual membership fee?
>
> When it says CHOOSE YOUR PRIME DELIVERY OPTION, if I choose any of the options give, does that mean that I have authorized myself to be automatically enrolled in PRIME?

READ THE WEB PAGE! It will tell you.

AFAIK, if you get the free trial period, they will automatically enroll
you at the end if you don't cancel.

The Real Bev

Dec 17, 2018, 11:52:29 PM12/17/18
AND the state of California (along with Amazon, apparently) regards
Prime membership as a sales-taxable item. 10% more than I expected.
Still, instant gratification means a lot!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Rats cry when they hear about my life." -- Dilbert

ItsJoan NotJoann

Dec 18, 2018, 12:11:48 AM12/18/18
I ordered a calendar about 2 weeks ago, non-Prime, and I got free shipping
and it was here in 3 days.

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 8:55:51 AM12/18/18
On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 5:51:00 PM UTC-10, John Weiss wrote:
I got this message from A.:

- Congratulations! You've just joined Amazon Prime...Thank you for joining Prime. We hope you enjoy your free trial!

Does that mean that they have automatically signed me up?

b...@ripco.com

Dec 18, 2018, 1:52:16 PM12/18/18
gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> - Congratulations! You've just joined Amazon Prime...Thank you for joining
> - Prime. We hope you enjoy your free trial!
>
> Does that mean that they have automatically signed me up?

Yeah, you are in it now.

They got me over the summer, it is NOT clearly written out when you select
the shipping that the choice you select is an automatic sign up for the Prime
membership.

Anyway, it's no big deal, it is free (they aren't going to charge you
anything until the 30 day trial is over) and I cancelled at around the 3
week mark without any problems.

It did give me a chance to check out the video and audio services but
nothing there for me and since I barely order more than 2 or 3 times a year,
I didn't want to keep the membership.

It's pretty scummy how they do that, at least they should give you a "are
you sure" button or screen for joining it.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

ItsJoan NotJoann

Dec 18, 2018, 1:54:25 PM12/18/18
Well, if you weren't paying attention and clicked the Amazon Prime
free trial option, I'd say yes even though your question was previously
answered. What you take it to mean?

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2018, 4:10:32 PM12/18/18
On Tuesday, December 18, 2018 at 8:52:16 AM UTC-10, b...@ripco.com wrote:
> wrote:
>
> > - Congratulations! You've just joined Amazon Prime...Thank you for joining
> > - Prime. We hope you enjoy your free trial!
> >
> > Does that mean that they have automatically signed me up?
>

> Yeah, you are in it now.
>
> They got me over the summer, it is NOT clearly written out when you select
> the shipping that the choice you select is an automatic sign up for the Prime
> membership.
>
> Anyway, it's no big deal, it is free (they aren't going to charge you
> anything until the 30 day trial is over) and I cancelled at around the 3
> week mark without any problems.

So what do I do to cancel it?

John Weiss

Dec 18, 2018, 4:40:55 PM12/18/18
On 12/18/2018 13:10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> - Congratulations! You've just joined Amazon Prime...Thank you for joining
>>> - Prime. We hope you enjoy your free trial!
>>>
>>> Does that mean that they have automatically signed me up?
>>

>> Yeah, you are in it now.
>
> So what do I do to cancel it?

What does it say on their web site and/or the message that said you joined?

Michael Black

Dec 19, 2018, 12:59:57 AM12/19/18
Here in Canada, I got a tablet in November and it was delivered on a
Sunday, maybe three days after I ordered.

I can't remember whether they state how many days for "free shipping", but
even 5-6 days doesn't seem all that bad. But then I can remember the days
of sending away for something, and waiting the mandatory "6 to 8 weeks".

If you track the package, it can be weird. I know one order no movement
at all for a few days, then wham it was here. it almost looked like they
had to get it from the US, but I'm not sure if they do things that way.
But the tracking can also lag, I check in the morning, nothing's close,
then it is delievered.

Prime is amazon wanting to be an everyday place. So "i need soap", and
place an order, since it costs nothing. I don't do Prime, so I do let the
minimum accumulate, but then I'm doing it more like traditional mail
order, an occasional thing, not supplying my everyday needs.

Michael

b...@ripco.com

Dec 19, 2018, 8:08:26 AM12/19/18
gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> So what do I do to cancel it?

It's via the website.

Log into your account over there and under "Account & Lists" there is one
for "Memberships and Subscriptions". Since I don't have it anymore, I think
the Amazon Prime was there.

Assume there is going to be a few "are you sure" and a date to set for the
cancellation. Then expect a few emails saying it's not too late to
reactivate it.

If they would only make it like that for signing up these questions wouldn't
come up.

-bruce
b...@ripco.com

Bob F

Dec 19, 2018, 8:17:52 AM12/19/18
Or, google "call amazon" and talk to a real person.