What I hate about Big Oil

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 14, 2010, 9:19:49 AM6/14/10
What I hate about Big Oil is their incessant campaign to appear
"environmentally friendly." Funny, the drivers of pollution and the
deniers of evolution toward smarter forms of transportation, must
appear to do the opposite.

I will not pick today on BP, which is suffering from a PR nightmare,
but on the other giants that seem to be defending the environment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT9e6H6Y38A

It's like I say...

"The Hungry Lion hates bad PR. Expose his camouflage and his predation
game becomes obvious"

The magic word is C-O-N-S-E-R-V-A-T-I-O-N, whether that means RIDING A
BIKE or LYING IN YOUR HAMMOCK.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_f3SZ5Tu916o/SxL0SrsmUEI/AAAAAAAAOMg/a2uYD8dZCKg/s400/Budha_Banana_BIG.jpg

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 14, 2010, 2:27:32 PM6/14/10
On Jun 14, 11:27 am, Ron Peterson <r...@shell.core.com> wrote:
> On Jun 14, 10:10 am, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
>
> <"WheresMyCheck"@UncleSamLoves.Mee> wrote:
> > Oh hell, get with the program, buy a few shares of BP, you will be
> > glad you did.
>
> I tried that with IBM and it took forever to recover from the
> subsequent stock decline.
>
> Buy stock in companies that are trying to reduce oil consumption such
> as hybrid auto manufacturers or battery manufacturers.

Clever thought. Besides, ALL THOSE SHAREHOLDERS INVESTING IN DIRTY OIL
WILL GO TO HELL!

Hell has an oil platform in the middle and the hellbound will have to
try to stay afloat in a sea of oil while piranhas take bites at them.
Nothing like a shark taking one big bite out of you, you know. Long
agonizing death, like we are guaranteed by polluting the planet.

We, the worshipers of clean energy, will be rewarded by a tropical
unpolluted beach, served by angels in bikinis who will ask us, "Sir,
can I be your guardian angel for the day?"

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 17, 2010, 9:19:36 AM6/17/10
On Jun 16, 9:34 pm, "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <d...@dead.com>
wrote:
> [...]

> >> "All of these things lead to only one place, a fully wide open
> >> well bore directly to the oil deposit...after that, it goes into the
> >> realm of "the worst things you can think of" The well may come
> >> completely apart as the inner liners fail. There is still a very long
> >> drill string in the well, that could literally come flying out...as I
> >> said...all the worst things you can think of are a possibility, but the
> >> very least damaging outcome as bad as it is, is that we are stuck with
> >> a wide open gusher blowing out 150,000 barrels a day of raw oil or
> >> more. There isn't any "cap dome" or any other suck fixer device on
> >> earth that exists or could be built that will stop it from gushing out
> >> and doing more and more damage to the gulf. While at the same time also
> >> doing more damage to the well, making the chance of halting it with a
> >> kill from the bottom up less and less likely to work, which as it
> >> stands now?....is the only real chance we have left to stop it all.
>
> >> "It's a race now...a race to drill the relief wells and take our
> >> last chance at killing this monster before the whole weakened, wore
> >> out, blown out, leaking and failing system gives up its last gasp in a
> >> horrific crescendo.
>
> >> "We are not even 2 months into it, barely half way by even
> >> optimistic estimates. The damage done by the leaked oil now is
> >> virtually immeasurable already and it will not get better, it can only
> >> get worse. No matter how much they can collect, there will still be
> >> thousands and thousands of gallons leaking out every minute, every hour
> >> of every day. We have 2 months left before the relief wells are even
> >> near in position and set up to take a kill shot and that is being
> >> optimistic as I said.
>
> >> "Over the next 2 months the mechanical situation also cannot
> >> improve, it can only get worse, getting better is an impossibility.
> >> While they may make some gains on collecting the leaked oil, the
> >> structural situation cannot heal itself. It will continue to erode and
> >> flow out more oil and eventually the inevitable collapse which cannot
> >> be stopped will happen. It is only a simple matter of who can "get
> >> there first"...us or the well."
>
> >>http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/06/worst-already-true-BP-
> well...
>
> >> ------
>
> >> But I'm sure anyone who claims to call themselves John Galt can remain
> >> level-headed, and not give in to fear and denialism in our time of
> >> need!
>
> > The world will react once they have the shit to their necks,
> > particularly the powerful ones that can change the world through the
> > political channels.
>
> > Many of the most affected people are also the beautiful people with with
> > a yacht on the marina and the SUV in the garage.
>
> > Very few of the "little people" has waterfront property around here.
>
> No, but a hell of a lot of them were making their living from the ocean.

They were, but they are already on food stamps. And I'm sure we can
bring that fish from Canada or China.

But the fishermen will be compensated down the line, so maybe they can
get some good money and move on to another trade.

The beautiful people will still have to live with the filth in their
backyard. Tourism will be dead. Maybe the motorboat industry will be
badly damaged too. (That's really good news indeed.)

(I quote)

* Driving a motorboat with an outboard engine for one hour may make
as much air pollution as driving a car for 800 miles (1300 km). Why?
Because the U.S. government allows motorboat engines to be made with
no pollution controls. * Smog is formed when exhaust gases rise into
the air and are "cooked" in the sunlight.

The chemicals in smog can kill plants and burn people's and animals'
eyes, noses, and throats. * Motorboat engines also pollute the water
with their exhaust and by spilling oil and gasoline. Every year in the
U.S., the total amount of water pollution from motorboats may equal 10
to 15 Exxon Valdez oil spill disasters! The chemicals in this
pollution can kill fish eggs and other forms of water life. *

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EPG/is_n9_v28/ai_16817900/

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 17, 2010, 9:28:49 AM6/17/10
PR, PR, PR... The MOTORBOAT INDUSTRY wants to look good, and though
they can't do jackshit about it, they claim their share of cleanup...

http://www.motorboating.com/photo_gallery.jsp?ID=1000025261

Hey, that's not a motorboat! That's the best response: RIDE A KAYAK/
CANOE OR RIDE A BIKE!

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 17, 2010, 4:34:35 PM6/17/10
On Jun 17, 10:25 am, "5511 Dead, 644 since 1/20/09" <d...@dead.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 05:49:30 -0700, His Highness the TibetanMonkey,
> Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock wrote:

> > They were, but they are already on food stamps. And I'm sure we can
> > bring that fish from Canada or China.
>

> Canada's pretty well fished out. They had to shut down the Grand Banks a
> few years ago, and it will be ten years before they might recover. Even
> if you ignore the cost of importing fish from China, there is the
> significant problem that the entire country is run like BP, and so there
> will be significant health and safety concerns. They would cheerfully
> pump plutonium dust into the fish if it could enhance profits in some
> way.
>
> Of course, that increases the trade imbalance...

Well, they are #1 and #2 in the fish import list, so we may as well
get used to plutonized fish from China as Canada exhausts its
fisheries.

> > But the fishermen will be compensated down the line, so maybe they can
> > get some good money and move on to another trade.
>

> Some might. A lot won't, though. For one thing, the economic climate
> doesn't favor small businessmen. For another, it's an entire lifestyle,
> in some families for generations, one that benefitted America. You can't
> replace that with $10 an hour jobs at WalMart.

Some may as well find a good business opportunity in the disaster...
for a while.

Then they can find job at Walmart.

> > The beautiful people will still have to live with the filth in their
> > backyard. Tourism will be dead. Maybe the motorboat industry will be
> > badly damaged too. (That's really good news indeed.)
>

> Oh, they'll just find a new ocean-front paradise to despoil.

A paradise that big is not that easy to find, you know. They can go
and enjoy pristine waters somewhere in the Caribbean on a cruise ship,
but then back to reality.

The point is that this time around, it won't only be the poor like
when Katrina.

Big mess like this is very democratic.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 17, 2010, 4:54:00 PM6/17/10
On Jun 15, 5:30 pm, "Tyrone" <T...@its.invalid> wrote:

> Thebigoilcompanies ARE very careful to do as little damage as possible to
> the environment. They supply the energy that is absolutely necessary to
> make society function. They are all working on alternative forms of energy
> that is more environmentally friendly, but until some future time, those
> forms of energy are not sufficient to replace the old-fashioned, polluting
> kind of energy that you use in your car and provides the fuel to produce the
> electricity you use to light your home, play your TV, etc.
>
> The alternative would be to go back to the horse and buggy days.
>
> Eventually something needs to be done, but without a national policy to
> force it, things will move at a snail's pace.

You will never have a national policy of CONSERVATION because whoever
proposes that will be out of office. If Obama had to fight over
universal healthcare tooth and nail, winning support for higher gas
taxes would lead to riots on the streets or worse.

All it takes is:

1- HIGHER GAS TAXES,

2- TAME TRAFFIC to make roads safe for other vehicles,

3- ALLOW BICYCLES TO TAKE THE LANE,

4- IMPROVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND FUND ALTERNATIVE VEHICLES with
the money collected --not for wars!

By the way, we don't need the buggy carts.

COMING OUT OF THE MONEY JUNGLE:

http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote1

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 18, 2010, 6:43:41 PM6/18/10
On Jun 17, 6:52 pm, "Diogenes" <Dioge...@its.invalid> wrote:
> "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock"<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 15, 5:30 pm, "Tyrone" <T...@its.invalid> wrote:
>

> > "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of
> > Tantra-Hammock"<nolionnoprob...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > What IhateaboutBigOilis their incessant campaign to appear

> > > "environmentally friendly." Funny, the drivers of pollution and the
> > > deniers of evolution toward smarter forms of transportation, must
> > > appear to do the opposite.
>
> > =======

> > Thebigoilcompanies ARE very careful to do as little damage as possible to
> > the environment. They supply the energy that is absolutely necessary to
> > make society function. They are all working on alternative forms of energy
> > that is more environmentally friendly, but until some future time, those
> > forms of energy are not sufficient to replace the old-fashioned, polluting
> > kind of energy that you use in your car and provides the fuel to produce
> > the
> > electricity you use to light your home, play your TV, etc.
>
> > The alternative would be to go back to the horse and buggy days.
>
> > Eventually something needs to be done, but without a national policy to
> > force it, things will move at a snail's pace.
>
> You will never have a national policy of CONSERVATION because whoever
> proposes that will be out of office. If Obama had to fight over
> universal healthcare tooth and nail, winning support for higher gas
> taxes would lead to riots on the streets or worse.
>
> All it takes is:
>
> 1- HIGHER GAS TAXES,
>
> 2- TAME TRAFFIC to make roads safe for other vehicles,
>
> 3- ALLOW BICYLES TO TAKE THE LANE,

> 4- IMPROVE PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION AND FUND ALTERNATIVE VEHICLES with
> the money collected --not for wars!
> ===
> Some of your suggestions are valid, but nothing is being done. Welfare and
> warfare dominate the political agenda and is financed by morgaging our
> grandchildren's future.

Thank you. Some day, someone will notice that neither one solves
problems in the long term. But they do get the VOTES the politicians
so desperately need in the short term.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 20, 2010, 10:22:00 AM6/20/10
On Jun 20, 5:40 am, "CharlesGrozny" <n5...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Let's just boil down this guy to his essentials:
>
> > His Highness the TibetanMonkeySpanker, Creator of the Movement of the
> > Temper-Tantrum wrote:

> >> THE STUPID TIBETAN MONKEY F***ER SAYS
>
> >> "In the future, we won't spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us."
>
> Another no-valid-arguments feelgood LIEberal.
>
> Charles Grozny

Oh common,nothing intimidating in coming out of the cage. You just
have options, such as driving, taking public transportation or RIDING
A BIKE. Notice that in the latter you depend NOT on bureaucracies or
bus schedules. And you BURN THE CALORIES, so it keeps the medical
industry on a diet.

Don't you find it particularly cruel and ironic that we have to watch
the Oil Slick and there's nothing we can do, no bicycle we can ride,
and we have to go a spank the monkey in frustration?

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the Movement of Tantra-Hammock

Jun 20, 2010, 10:51:40 AM6/20/10
On Jun 20, 7:18 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of the

Politics, politics, politics. You know the decisions are all
political, so the solution is the revolution. The question is where do
we launch the Revolution? Ecuador --land of jungle and bananas-- seems
as good as any.

Well, here we will take a musical interlude from all those politics.
Beautiful "senoritas" sing for us from the deep jungle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1ILU1CHSo