Update on collision insurance

Marsha

Dec 26, 2008, 2:37:03 PM12/26/08
My independent agent is doing his job. When my car insurance went up by
$60/yr, for no good reason, I called him. He said I was already on a
list for them to check other companies. He called back today with rates
for a different company for home and auto that works out to almost
$200/yr less, and that includes more coverage on the cars. BTW, I also
asked him about the uninsured/underinsured coverage. I don't have
collision on the older car, so the $21 was for UM for that one only.
The UM medical on both cars covers more than my medical insurance
through work. It also covers lost wages and pain/suffering. So I'll
keep it for now. Jeez, you'd think that at my age, I would know all
this stuff already :-) Thanks for all your advice.

Marsha/Ohio

Dennis

Dec 28, 2008, 1:34:05 PM12/28/08

Thanks for the update -- interesting result. Would you mind sharing
the names of your old and new insurers?

Dennis (evil)
--
The honest man is the one who realizes that he cannot
consume more, in his lifetime, than he produces.

Marsha

Dec 28, 2008, 2:28:32 PM12/28/08

The old company was General Casualty out of Indiana. I had one claim
with them about 8 yrs. ago for a hit-and-run, uninsured unlicensed
driver, but we got the plate number. Damage and medical bills were
about $2000 and they paid without any hassle. They also aggressively
pursued the driver and the owner of the car in court, which was
surprising, since $2000 isn't a lot these days. The new one is
Cincinnati Ins. The agent says they have a good reputation. Hopefully,
I won't have to find out :-)

Marsha/Ohio