Car cover for the sun?

m...@privacy.net

Aug 3, 2010, 6:54:43 PM8/3/10
Any frugal ideas for a car cover to protect form the
sun and ice?

Please, no trees are available where I live

Rod Speed

Aug 3, 2010, 9:31:12 PM8/3/10
m...@privacy.net wrote:

> Any frugal ideas for a car cover to protect form the sun and ice?

A decently designed car will survive fine with nothing special.

I'm not convinced that anything short of a full carport or garage helps much.

Jeff Thies

Aug 3, 2010, 10:08:29 PM8/3/10
On 8/3/2010 6:54 PM, m...@privacy.net wrote:
> Any frugal ideas for a car cover to protect form the
> sun and ice?

There's a good bit on the web on hoop greenhouses. PVC is cheap and the
shape is very strong. Whatever you cover it with can be cheap and
disposable, perhaps one of those "heavy duty" silver tarps:

http://www.tarpaflex.com/acatalog/Silver_White_Super_Heavy_Duty_Poly_Tarps.html

Otherwise car port. Galvanized roofing is cheap.

Jeff

Rod Speed

Aug 4, 2010, 1:40:28 AM8/4/10
Jeff Thies wrote
> m...@privacy.net wrote

>> Any frugal ideas for a car cover to protect form the sun and ice?

> There's a good bit on the web on hoop greenhouses. PVC is cheap

You do need to replace it every could of years tho.

> and the shape is very strong. Whatever you cover it with can be cheap and disposable, perhaps one of those "heavy
> duty" silver tarps:

> http://www.tarpaflex.com/acatalog/Silver_White_Super_Heavy_Duty_Poly_Tarps.html

> Otherwise car port. Galvanized roofing is cheap.

Its not cheap at all, and the structure isnt either.