Something for the Monkey

jeff

May 10, 2011, 10:38:32 PM5/10/11
/*

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/10/ray-lahood-bicyclists-hipster_n_860100.html

WASHINGTON -- U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood signaled on
Tuesday that his department would be looking into measures to encourage
automobile drivers to observe better safety standards when it came to
bicyclists cohabiting the roadways.

In an interview with The Huffington Post, the Illinois Republican
praised various cities for restructuring transportation policy around
cleaner forms of transit, singling out the construction of bike lanes to
encourage biking as particularly effective. But with additional bikers
on the road come additional risks. And as head of the Department of
Transportation, LaHood noted his “concern” over the “way that bikers are
treated when they are on streets.”

“I’m concerned that people that are driving cars have a level of respect
for bikers, and that’s the reason that we have these bike lanes,” said
LaHood. “Bikers have as much right to the streets as anybody driving a
car and I am concerned about [their safety]."

*/

The Real Bev

May 11, 2011, 12:40:59 AM5/11/11

Automatic concealed carry permits for bikers. Each biker is allowed to
bag NO MORE THAN THREE drivers. The driver can't possibly know whether
the biker has hit his limit or not.

Easy and cheap solution. Next problem...

--
Cheers, Bev
"If Mary Jo could float I would have been president."