Cold showers/baths save a lot of energy

Garyatric

Feb 6, 2019, 12:47:12 AM2/6/19
One of the biggest energy users in your home is your hot water heater.
You can save both money and energy by taking cold showers and/or baths.
This may sound very uncomfortable, but it's really not. Do it a few
times and your body will adjust to the cold temperature. Once adjusted,
you wont be bothered by the cold water. It becomes the "norm". Our
forefathers did not have hot water and you dont need it either. Shut off
your water heater and enjoy the savings, and know you're doing your part
to save the planet.

One tip you need to know. In cold weather, fill your bathtub one day in
advance, so the water is at room temperature when you bathe. Of course
you can only do this for a bath. Not for a shower.

Gary

Michael Black

Feb 6, 2019, 2:25:54 PM2/6/19
I'd argue that hot baths and showers are one good reason to be frugal.
They have benefits in themselves so better to be frugal where it doesn't
matter in order to keep those hot showers and baths coming.

Frugality isn't being stingy, it's about being careful how you spend
money. If you have no money, that's a different matter, but you can be
frugal without lacking money, though if you lack money, it is best to be
frugal. Why turn something that's pleasing into a situation that just
thinking about makes me want to avoid it?

Michael

Dennis

Feb 6, 2019, 3:52:58 PM2/6/19
On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 23:47:04 -0600, Garyatric <gary...@2019.com>
wrote:

>One of the biggest energy users in your home is your hot water heater.

Common misconception. It actually takes very little energy to heat hot
water - it is cold water heating that hogs energy.

Dennis (evil)

catalpa

Feb 6, 2019, 9:55:45 PM2/6/19

"Garyatric" <gary...@2019.com> wrote in message
My hot water heater uses zero energy.

At current natural gas prices my cold water heater costs about $6.00 a
month. I'll keep paying the $6.00 a month for hot water.

Garyatric

Feb 17, 2019, 3:11:12 AM2/17/19
On Wed, 6 Feb 2019 21:55:49 -0500, "catalpa" <cat...@entertab.org>
wrote:
It's amazing how wimpy modern men have become. Hot water is a LUXURY,
not a necessity. Take 2 or 3 cold baths or showers and your body will
adapt to it. But you are too accustomed to living the life of luxury,
and luxury is a waste of money, energy, and resources.

Until the late 1800s, hardly anyone had hot water in their homes. Even
before World War 2, most people just heated some water on a kitchen wood
stove and put it into a small tub to bathe. And then, a whole family
used the same bath water. They bathed once a week or less, and they
survived.

Stop making excuses to have luxury items, and call them NECESSARY.

The 21st century is the century of waste and excess.

catalpa

Feb 19, 2019, 8:14:05 PM2/19/19

"Garyatric" <gary...@2019.com> wrote in message
LUXURY my butt. $6.00 a month doesn't even buy me a pizza or a case of beer.