Zen and the art of slow cycling

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Oct 6, 2011, 10:40:16 AM10/6/11
Report not abuse
“A good traveler has no fixed plans
and is not intent upon arriving.” ~Lao Tzu

CONTEMPLATIVE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fETZq1LVvDc&feature=player_embedded

***

May I add that a beach cruisers and recumbents give you the deeper
edge. Recumbent bikes are particularly laid back and more supportive
if you choose the trike. It's the ultimate trip. It's like you are
suspended in a hammock. There may be other paths out there (?) but
nothing matches this outside of Tantra.

If you got fears of losing your sexual power, a recumbent is
particularly advisable. Beach cruisers are OK though as I have the
privilege to say. Those who prefer a yang style of riding can head to
the Tibetan mountains with their mountain bikes. Exciting!

The great question now is: TWO WHEELS OR THREE WHEELS?

You may read more about the Zen art of slow bicycling:

http://veloweb.ca/2011/10/03/zen-and-the-art-of-slow-cycling/

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Oct 7, 2011, 9:02:14 AM10/7/11
Report not abuse
(I guess this redeems the wisdom of old people who ride trikes!)

“A good traveler has no fixed plans
and is not intent upon arriving.” ~Lao Tzu

CONTEMPLATIVE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fETZq1LVvDc&feature=player_embedded

***

May I add that beach cruisers and recumbents give you the deeper edge.
Recumbent bikes are particularly laid back and more supportive if you
choose the trike. It's the ultimate trip. It's like you are suspended
in a hammock. There may be other paths out there (?) but nothing
matches this outside of Tantra.

If you got fears of losing your sexual power, a recumbent is
particularly advisable. Beach cruisers are OK though as I have the
privilege to say. Those who prefer a yang style of riding can head to
the Tibetan mountains with their mountain bikes. Exciting!

The great question now is: TWO WHEELS OR THREE WHEELS?

I just got to warn you that drivers may become violent when they see
you laid back yet active. You are too smart and frugal for them. It's
OK. You know violence is no good unless you got overwhelming power and
arguments are pointless.* They are trying to drag you down into a
confrontation in which they can win. Do what they won't expect. Give
them a banana! Otherwise leave the roads behind and forget about
worldly affairs. You are not part of the rat race!

* You may want to explain to them that in the wild monkeys are very
violent too. You may want to add that the whole point of civilization
is to coexist. The banana has this effect without long winding
arguments. Don't let the ANIMAL INSTINCTS take over.

You may read now more about the Zen art of slow bicycling:

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Oct 7, 2011, 9:30:09 AM10/7/11
Report not abuse
NIRVANA IS LIKE A GATED COMMUNITY

But this is not the top Nirvana. This is best described as the "second
floor" Nirvana...

"The second heaven realm, which is a lower one, is where things are
almost perfect. I call this the Donald Trump heaven. It could be
better, if only you owned one more building or house. You see, there
is still some desire associated with this heaven realm, and so it
can't ever be perfect."

http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma/heaven.html

***

But this is the experience we can have in the human realm, which seems
to be particularly fun when we act our animal instincts other than
violence...

"The next realm is the human realm, where all of us find ourselves in
this lifetime. This is the best place for us to be, because this is
the only place we can become enlightened. We cannot become enlightened
in heaven, things are too nice, and we have no reason to strive. We
cannot become enlightened in hell, because things are so bad, all we
do is suffer.

In this human rebirth, we have enough happiness and joy to keep us
from taking our own lives, and we experience anxiety and fear to keep
us striving. We cannot relax too long in any one mental state as a
human, because all things are in a constant state of flux.

The next lower realm, is the animal realm. The animal realm is marked
by wanting to have sex, wanting to have food, wanting to have sleep,
and being totally confused. Those are the four characteristics found
in the animal realm. So you can see, we are not likely to become
enlightened as an animal."

***

Am I confused? Yes, as much as you are. I guess we live in floor #3
but crave to be in floor #4. For a monkey is easy to say, "Nirvana is
a banana!"

Deep, very deep.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser Philosopher

Oct 10, 2011, 9:46:50 AM10/10/11
On Oct 7, 3:56 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 9:04 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, the Beach Cruiser
> This was cutting edge back in 1988.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SvPFPbBYrc
>
> Unfortunately, texting while driving is illegal.

Thanks! Now I'm up to date with the technology! ;)

The recumbent is the same though. I'm just having a panic attack by
thinking of riding it two miles down the road... to the storage. It'll
be there until I take it out by car.

Yes, to launch it I would have to drive over 10 miles. Is this system
stupid or what?

I think it's evil.