Re: Whatcha Listening to, Now?

Message has been deleted

MAS

Oct 9, 2010, 1:12:06 PM10/9/10
On 10/9/2010 11:51 AM, Derald wrote:

> From time to time, idle curiousity impels me to ask this of the NG.
>
> I'll start:
> For the second time this morning, it's a 1938 recorded
> performance of Mendelssohn's Opus 25 Piano Concerto featuring Ania
> Dorfman accompanied by LSO under Walter Goehr. Despite a couple of
> fingering bobbles that would have been digitally edited nowadays, if
> this isn't the best I've heard this played, it's a damned close
> second; but I'm no critic: I just knows what I likes....
> The file was obtained from this superb site:
> <http://renegagnaux.ch/5001/index.html>. While there, if you dare, be
> sure to snag the August Wenzinger Brandenburgs (Bach BWV 1046-1051)
> and the Henry Swoboda Mozart Symph Nr 29 (K201). Definitely the good
> stuff.
>
> Be aware that Swiss copyright law differs significantly from U.S.A.
> In U.S.A. published editions and recorded performances of public
> domain works may be copyrighted so use your own judgement.

Acorns falling off the tree next door and hitting the boat in their
driveway.

Message has been deleted

Mrs Irish Mike

Oct 10, 2010, 12:37:25 PM10/10/10
On Oct 9, 8:51 am, Derald <der...@invalid.net> wrote:
> From time to time, idle curiousity impels me to ask this of the NG.
>
> I'll start:
>         For the second time this morning, it's a 1938 recorded
> performance of Mendelssohn's Opus 25 Piano Concerto featuring Ania
> Dorfman accompanied by LSO under  Walter Goehr. Despite a couple of
> fingering bobbles that would have been digitally edited nowadays, if
> this isn't the best I've heard this played, it's a damned close
> second; but I'm no critic: I just knows what I likes....
>         The file was obtained from this superb site:
> <http://renegagnaux.ch/5001/index.html>. While there, if you dare, be
> sure to snag the August Wenzinger Brandenburgs (Bach BWV 1046-1051)
> and the Henry Swoboda Mozart Symph Nr 29 (K201). Definitely the good
> stuff.
>
>  Be aware that Swiss copyright law differs significantly from U.S.A.
> In U.S.A. published editions and recorded performances of public
> domain works may be copyrighted so use your own judgement.

My oh my, you do have the pointiest head in class. Congrats! MENSA
will be sending out an application in the morn.

Millhaven

Oct 10, 2010, 11:53:50 PM10/10/10
On Oct 9, 8:51 am, Derald <der...@invalid.net> wrote:
> From time to time, idle curiousity impels me to ask this of the NG.
>
> I'll start:
>         For the second time this morning, it's a 1938 recorded
> performance of Mendelssohn's Opus 25 Piano Concerto featuring Ania
> Dorfman accompanied by LSO under  Walter Goehr. Despite a couple of
> fingering bobbles that would have been digitally edited nowadays, if
> this isn't the best I've heard this played, it's a damned close
> second; but I'm no critic: I just knows what I likes....
>         The file was obtained from this superb site:
> <http://renegagnaux.ch/5001/index.html>. While there, if you dare, be
> sure to snag the August Wenzinger Brandenburgs (Bach BWV 1046-1051)
> and the Henry Swoboda Mozart Symph Nr 29 (K201). Definitely the good
> stuff.
>
>  Be aware that Swiss copyright law differs significantly from U.S.A.
> In U.S.A. published editions and recorded performances of public
> domain works may be copyrighted so use your own judgement.

All sorts of local bands.