The option is yours: Libertarian SUV or Anarchist Bike

1 view

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 13, 2011, 10:24:39 AM3/13/11
(I'm gonna recycle this post to illustrate the point that the bicycle
is the only vehicle of liberation outside of horses and mules. Well,
Jesus rode a donkey for a reason. Notice this proves Ayn Rand's
individualism wrong for ever)

On Mar 13, 2:36 am, Brent <tetraethylleadREMOVET...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 2011-03-12, Gary L Burnore <gburn...@databasix.com> wrote:
>
> > It's obviously not worth it. As he drives on a public road from his
> > employer who's likely getting a tax break, he'll make use of the
> > bridges and lights provided by the government.
>
> Be sure to let me know when
> a) the government is not the monopoly provider.
> b) when I can opt out paying said government.

Have you thought about the Amish communities? I think they have the
option not to go on public roads.

Actually you may do the same with a bike on trails and not "feed the
lion."

> > Were he robbed while walking down a publicly available sidewalk to the
> > local park kept clean by government workers, he'd go to the police and
> > report it.
>
> The only times I've ever been robbed it has been by government
> employees. And since going to the police is somewhere between a risk to
> myself and ineffective why bother unless the private insurance company
> that I have contracted with requires it?

That's true. They are there to suck your blood with dumb speeding
tickets. But if you ride a bike, you won't get one. ;)

Max

Mar 13, 2011, 2:46:59 PM3/13/11
On Mar 13, 10:24 am, "His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of

In reality you are down to recycling because nobody gives a shit what
you post and you are out of steam.

Edward Dolan

Mar 13, 2011, 3:22:28 PM3/13/11
"Max" <im.1.max...@xoxy.net> wrote in message
[...]
> In reality you [TM] are down to recycling because nobody gives a shit what

you post and you are out of steam.

Welcome to a very large club indeed!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, originator of the Stop the Bullshit Campaign

Mar 13, 2011, 10:00:59 PM3/13/11

Sorry, I'm a conservationist. ;)