Buying shoes online

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2018, 12:43:52 PM12/30/18
Have you ever done that?

ItsJoan NotJoann

Dec 30, 2018, 6:36:06 PM12/30/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 11:43:52 AM UTC-6, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Have you ever done that?

More than once. As a matter of fact I have a pair with expected delivery on
January 3rd.

Michael Black

Dec 31, 2018, 12:15:17 PM12/31/18
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Have you ever done that?

A few times I've bought shoes by mailorder. The standard in that era
was to outline your foot, with a sock on, and send that in, so they could
make sure the size is right. Most of the time I can go with a certain
size, but every so often, some shoes don't fit, the company's sizing is
off the standard.

Right before Christmas, I almost ordered a pair of winter boots via
mailorder/the web, becasue a place nearby didn't have stock, and the other
place I might buy them is not a convenient location to get to, so I didn't
want to spend the time right before Christmas. In both cases, I could
order and if they didn't fit, take them to the local store, something I
don't really like doing, buying something and taking it back. But I
dawdled, me trying to figure which store was the best choice (I had a gift
card for one, the other had a sales price), and then both places were out
of my size, so that put it all on the backburner for now.

I have never really bought any clothing via mailorder/the web, because I
want to see it up close. I'd love to be able to keep buying the same
item, but that neer happens, by the time I need to replace something,
whatever it was is no longer available, so I have to figure out what to
buy next. The times I have bought shoes, the price was either a really
good one, or I was buying a second pair of shoes that I'd jsut bought
locally.

Michael

Nyssa

Dec 31, 2018, 12:21:32 PM12/31/18
gggg...@gmail.com wrote:

> Have you ever done that?

Yes, but I stick to ordering from LL Bean now. They have the wider
sizes I need and the shoes and boots hold up better than most.

I tried ordering a pair of shoes once through Amazon. Even though
it was a brand I'd bought before, the new ones didn't fit and I
ended up having to pay a return fee. Never again! I'll stick to Bean.

Nyssa, who isn't into fashionable shoes, just practical ones that
fit

ItsJoan NotJoann

Dec 31, 2018, 12:57:56 PM12/31/18
On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 11:15:17 AM UTC-6, Michael Black wrote:

> A few times I've bought shoes by mailorder. The standard in that era
> was to outline your foot, with a sock on, and send that in, so they could
> make sure the size is right. Most of the time I can go with a certain
> size, but every so often, some shoes don't fit, the company's sizing is
> off the standard.

I tend to look at reviews for shoes and if the majority of the reviews say
they run too small/too large I order a half size up or down.

> I have never really bought any clothing via mailorder/the web, because I
> want to see it up close.
>
> Michael

Oh my, I have bought truckloads of clothes online! Not really truckloads
but many, many items online. If at all possible I try to order when free
shipping and free returns are offered. But rarely have I had to return
something do to fit or quality. (Knock on wood!)

gggg...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2018, 7:58:03 PM12/31/18
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 7:43:52 AM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> Have you ever done that?

Thanks to all for your quick and informative replies.

I hope you have a Happy 2019!

gggg...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2019, 1:49:12 PM1/2/19
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 7:43:52 AM UTC-10, gggg...@gmail.com wrote: