Eating fingernails and toenails!!!

Carl Dau

Jan 5, 2009, 1:25:51 PM1/5/09
Some people do throw them away, but not me, I do eat my fingernails
and my toenails, they are a very good snack and you don't have to buy
chips.You can eat fingernails and toenails instead.

What do you think???

Zee

Jan 6, 2009, 6:18:45 AM1/6/09

Yuck!

Daniel T.

Jan 6, 2009, 7:22:38 AM1/6/09
Carl Dau <lord_...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

I read a news article once about a scientific study that showed that
people who bite their fingernails tend to have stronger immune systems.

--
Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away.

Dave Garland

Jan 6, 2009, 11:48:24 AM1/6/09
Daniel T. wrote:
> I read a news article once about a scientific study that showed that
> people who bite their fingernails tend to have stronger immune systems.

Plus, they save by not having to buy nail clippers.

OTOH, that may be a false saving because it's offset by increased
tooth wear and higher dental bills.

Dave

Daniel T.

Jan 6, 2009, 5:19:58 PM1/6/09

You only have higher dental bills if you go to the dentist.

Zar

Jan 6, 2009, 10:31:07 PM1/6/09
On Jan 6, 2:25 am, Carl Dau <lord_mel...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

So do you cook it first or eat it raw?

asiand...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2009, 4:40:31 AM1/7/09
When you bite your nails, you are interfering with their ability to
protect your sensitive fingers. What's more, you are inviting
infection. Your nails can become infected because the surface is
broken or removed. You can also be eating all kinds of nasty things
that may be under your nails from things you have touched during the
day. If you touch your dog, your car or your school books and then
bite your nails, you are ingesting the same kinds of things you would
if you licked these objects. Pretty disgusting, huh? In addition,
bitten-down nails are not very attractive.

AsianDoll

Since its my school semester break I have been using my free time
playing games like <a href=http://www.gamestotal.com> http://www.gamestotal.com
href=http://3700ad.gamestotal.com> http://3700ad.gamestotal.com </a>

Daniel T.

Jan 8, 2009, 7:39:30 AM1/8/09
asiand...@gmail.com wrote:

> When you bite your nails, you are interfering with their ability to
> protect your sensitive fingers. What's more, you are inviting
> infection. Your nails can become infected because the surface is
> broken or removed.

Clipping your nails does the same thing. Are you saying we shouldn't
trim our nails at all?

> You can also be eating all kinds of nasty things
> that may be under your nails from things you have touched during the
> day. If you touch your dog, your car or your school books and then
> bite your nails, you are ingesting the same kinds of things you would
> if you licked these objects. Pretty disgusting, huh?

Which is precisely why people who bite their nails tend to have better
immune systems. (Of course if you have a depressed immune system because
of some other ailment, things change.) I wish I could find my cite for
this, but in the mean time: "...the modern obsession with cleanliness
may be counterproductive"
--http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=416594

> In addition, bitten-down nails are not very attractive.

Depends on how you do it.

Dave Garland

Jan 8, 2009, 12:24:31 PM1/8/09
asiand...@gmail.com wrote:
> When you bite your nails, you are interfering with their ability to
> protect your sensitive fingers.

We're not talking about biting them back to your knuckles. (Actually,
since the thread was started by a troll, we're not talking seriously
about anything.)

But if you let them get too long, they're apt to catch on something
and tear. And that will probably extend back to the part of the nail
where it hurts. I've got one of those right now, dunno how I did it,
probably working on a car. Only thing to do is to try to nurse it
along for a few days, and wait for it to grow out more. True, there
are better ways to cut them, but most of the time when you notice the
nail is getting long, you don't happen to have a nail clipper with
you. Unless you have dentures, you've always got your teeth with you.

> In addition,
> bitten-down nails are not very attractive.

That's true. But if my nails were "very attractive" they wouldn't go
well with the rest of my hands.

Dave

'nam vet.

Jan 8, 2009, 1:51:38 PM1/8/09
In article
<daniel_t-31F824...@earthlink.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net>,
"Daniel T." <dani...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add,
> but when there is nothing left to take away.
> -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Some Recipes , people!
--
When the Power of Love,replaces the Love of Power.
that's Evolution.

Zee

Jan 16, 2009, 11:02:07 PM1/16/09
Funny how we all have different opinions about on how to cut our
nails. One thig is for sure, our ancestors doesn't have nail cutters
and they survive and lived normally.

Daniel T.

Jan 17, 2009, 9:16:29 AM1/17/09
Zee <zza...@gmail.com> wrote:

I also found it interesting how when presented with the topic, some
thought of biting the nails to the point that it was self-destructive
while others considered it as simply another method to maintain good
health.

Some people think I keep my nails a little on the long side for a man,
when/if they find out I bite them, they are quite surprised...

Zeke Krahlin

Jan 23, 2009, 5:44:29 AM1/23/09
On Jan 6, 11:48=A0am, Dave Garland <dave.garl...@wizinfo.com> wrote:
> Daniel T. wrote:
>
> I read a news article once about a scientific study that
> showed that people who bite their fingernails tend to have
> stronger immune systems.

Pick your nose and eat the buggers: it may be gross, but it actually
does boost the immune system.
--
Final Testament (bible for queers only)
http://www.gay-bible.org

Okikuru

Jan 23, 2009, 10:04:24 AM1/23/09
In article <49797e45...@news.goct.net>,
ezek...@goct.net (Zeke Krahlin) wrote:

> On Jan 6, 11:48=A0am, Dave Garland <dave.garl...@wizinfo.com> wrote:
> > Daniel T. wrote:
> >
> > I read a news article once about a scientific study that
> > showed that people who bite their fingernails tend to have
> > stronger immune systems.
>
> Pick your nose and eat the buggers: it may be gross, but it actually
> does boost the immune system.

troll? if not where are the recipes I requested.
--
Now,is the time for all good men to come
to the aid of their country.

Daniel T.

Jan 23, 2009, 6:31:45 PM1/23/09
Okikuru <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote:

> ezek...@goct.net (Zeke Krahlin) wrote:
> > Dave Garland <dave.garl...@wizinfo.com> wrote:
> > > Daniel T. wrote:
> > >
> > > I read a news article once about a scientific study that
> > > showed that people who bite their fingernails tend to have
> > > stronger immune systems.
> >
> > Pick your nose and eat the buggers: it may be gross, but it actually
> > does boost the immune system.
>
> troll? if not where are the recipes I requested.

Much like vegetables, raw is best.

aine...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2009, 3:52:16 AM2/9/09
eeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwww
its sucks..
full of dirt..
i cant imagine it!

xoxo,
aineecumi

neway, my secret to release tension is playing this game <a