Great price on flash drive

Forrest

Dec 15, 2008, 9:07:26 PM12/15/08
I thought I saw a question here not long ago, about flash drives. Anywhoo
... can't believe how cheap they are now. My brother asked me if I knew of
any good deals on them and I just found this at NewEgg. Hard to beat, with
the free shipping. I already have an 8 gig LG drive and can't say as I
really use it that much but what the hell, for $9 after MIL, I'll bite. Just
thought I would pass it on. Makes for a good stocking stuffer.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233037

Dave Garland

Dec 15, 2008, 9:49:00 PM12/15/08
But other people should be warned, that $10 rebate requires a sales
receipt dated no later than 12/15. Unless NewEgg is staying late
tonight, it's too late.

Dave

Forrest

Dec 15, 2008, 10:47:26 PM12/15/08

"Dave Garland" <dave.g...@wizinfo.com> wrote in message

Ah, good eyes. I didn't see that. Well, it's only 7 something PM, here in
California. I don't really NEED one but then again, the one that I have
could go out and I would probably have to pay a lot more to replace it.
How's that for a rationalization for spending money? I'm a real sucker for
free shipping.

Rod Speed

Dec 15, 2008, 11:19:03 PM12/15/08

There's plenty on ebay for the same value, and 16Gs as well for the same price per GB

Forrest

Dec 16, 2008, 4:59:37 PM12/16/08

"Rod Speed" <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Didn't know that. I just started searching for them and found this one. I
ordered one last night and I see that the rebate has been extended.
Anywhoooo .. over n' out.

metspitzer

Dec 16, 2008, 8:02:28 PM12/16/08

Wasn't it 9 bucks after rebate last night? It is 10 bucks after
rebate tonight.

I was gonna order one anyway, but I just decided that I have no use
for a 9$ one. I have less need for a 10$ one. :)

Forrest

Dec 16, 2008, 9:31:57 PM12/16/08

"metspitzer" <kilo...@charter.net> wrote in message

Yeah, you're right. I just took a look at it and they upped the price by $1.
I took a look at ebay a few hours ago and didn't see any 16 giggers with
free shipping for that price. Whatever ... just thought it looked like a
good deal. I guess because I must have paid about three times that much for
my LG brand 16 gig, on sale, no less. I still think that it's a good price
if someone needs one, or for a cheap gift.

Forrest

Dec 16, 2008, 9:35:54 PM12/16/08

"Forrest" <REMOVETHIS...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Ooops ... I meant 8 gig in the above post. Sorry bout that.

Rod Speed

Dec 16, 2008, 11:00:53 PM12/16/08

I said the same $/GB.

Zee

Dec 18, 2008, 10:16:57 PM12/18/08
On Dec 17, 12:00 pm, "Rod Speed" <rod.speed....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Forrest wrote:
> > "metspitzer" <kilow...@charter.net> wrote in message

> > cheap gift.- Hide quoted text -

Thats 16GB will be the same price of 8GB now after a few months. It's
been always like that so I guess if you don't have the need for a
larger flash drive then hold that 2gb of yours and wait until you need
more space to buy a bigger falsh drive.

Fake ID

Dec 19, 2008, 12:08:33 AM12/19/08
In article <u3E1l.12276$ZP4....@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com>,

Something I've been wondering...
Any first hand accounts of getting the Sandisk 4GB USB for $9 that
WalMart had back on Black Friday? My travels took me to 3 WalMarts that
day. In two, I encountered someone asking about them. Then
on the following Monday I overheard someone asking also. Just a hell of
a coincidence or pent up demand?

While 4G/$9 is okay, not spectacular, I was interested because they're
thinner than other USB flash drives, about the same thickness as a
typical USB cable. This means that when USB ports are stacked along
their long edge like my Gateway laptop the flash drive can be
plugged in without blocking the adjacent port.