Re: 50 Years Later... ...black children are still choosing the white doll.

wis...@yahoo.com

Nov 19, 2008, 7:03:42 PM11/19/08
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 19:20:28 GMT, jazze...@hotmail.com (-) wrote:

>http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=6052
>
> 50 Years Later...
>Race; Posted on: 2008-11-17
> [ Printer friendly / Instant flyer ]
>

>...black children are still choosing the white doll.
>

> http://www.youtube.com/v/qWEXJ-Qd1uw&hl=en&fs=1
>

>We would like to see this test conducted with white children. -- Ed.
>News Source: EAU
>

>Related Stories
>A Look At Black Crime Rates -- 50 Years Ago.
> http://www.wvwnews.net/story.php?id=5036
>

>2007-2008 European Americans United.

George

Nov 20, 2008, 3:07:58 PM11/20/08

And we should give a shit about this why?

ed wolf

Nov 22, 2008, 11:41:43 AM11/22/08
On 20 Nov., 21:07, George wrote:

> And we should give a shit about this why?

Why indeed,
but I think it is very interesting to see what different
perspectives and attitudes do to the same test results.
If say Mattell Inc wants to know which model Barbie
will be next they might find parents want the brown one,
and kids the pink. If you are interested what is considered
"cute" in which group of people, it might be a hint.
Maybe lighter skin is a signal like physical proportions of
babies, or pups, and triggers that smile- and cuddle- response.
Nothing more behind it, probably, but in a society dominated
by whites impossible to find out what exactly causes it.
If any racist wants to use these old result again, so what.
You cant stop them by reasoning, anyway.
ed

cajun@thebayou.wet Jude Alexander

Nov 23, 2008, 2:02:24 PM11/23/08

"ed wolf" <eduar...@gmx.net> wrote in message

I did a little research on this and it's usual for a minority (in number of
power) to identify with the majority (whether it be in numbers or power base
or both). Also, the man who gave the test back in the 60s (Clark, I think
his name is) says that there were black children who did not choose the
white doll and it was because the parents conscientiously sought to give
their children good pride in themselves. Apparently, if the parents don't
realize that this is a common phenomenon between minorities and majorities,
then the children can "fall prey" to identifying the "other" as better. If
the parents are aware then they can easily stop their children from doing
so.

www.Queensbridge.us

Nov 23, 2008, 8:21:33 PM11/23/08
On Nov 23, 2:02 pm, "Jude Alexander" <A ca...@thebayou.wet> wrote:
> "ed wolf" <eduartw...@gmx.net> wrote in message

I can't figure out what this has to do with frugality,
unless you can save money by buying one doll instead of the other.
I am responding to a message that was cross-posted to:
sci.anthropology, alt.feminism, misc.consumers.frugal-living,
rec.food.cooking, rec.arts.tv

Anyhow .... I am Caucasian, and was vsiting relatives a long time ago,
also Caucasian,
and they had a Black doll in a baby crib.

Altho I understand the test that were done a long time ago that had
the Black children preferring White dolls, sometimes it could just be
a preference ...like picking strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla.

--
Cell phone service for $5.00 per month
Get cell phone service for a little as $5.00 a month. Go to

cajun@thebayou.wet Jude Alexander

Nov 24, 2008, 1:23:43 PM11/24/08

"www.Queensbridge.us" <NOTv...@Queensbridge.us> wrote in message

lol. No.

LIKE I SAID (and I didn't realize all the cross posting - sorry - I hardly
look up at the newsgroups) it's a well understood phenonmenon that
minorities (be they a minority in numbers or power or both) will
unconscieously identify with the dominant group. DUH