Re: UPS screwing with my medicine

Message has been deleted

richard

Sep 1, 2010, 12:21:10 PM9/1/10
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:31:19 +0200 (CEST), Dave U. Random wrote:

> Many past complaints against package delivery service U.P.S.
>
> They delivered food suppl_ements and vit-amins that have been altered
> with, re-packaged with some chemical spill on the original package and
> contents smelled bad and hot to the touch.
>
> I suspect this was done intentionally due to past several complaints
> about the very poor service of U.P.S.
>
> What government agency(ies), if any, will investigate and respond to
> this situation if I complain?
>
> Even though my money damages are small, this has caused me alot
> of time and grief getting a refund and I was made sick by consuming a
> few of the supplments I had taken in the past with no problem. Is there
> any legal recourse through a consumer attorney?

Try the FTC.
They will quietly investigate the problem and if they see something is
being done deliberately, the issue will be resolved without any further
input from you.

I once complained about a scam television ad campaign and the FTC took the
jerks down rather quickly. Trust me, if the FTC knows about a serious
problem with a business, they will take care of it. They do it all quietly
and quickly and with very little public knowledge that it ever happened.

Request your supplier to use FedEx instead.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Chief Thracian

Sep 24, 2010, 5:45:34 AM9/24/10
On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 07:15:03 -0400, Shawn Hirn <sr...@comcast.net>
wrote:

>Try a different shipping carrier. If your pharmacy won't use a different
>carrier, that's their problem so tell them to either ship their products
>too you differently or you will not do business with them.

All shipping carriers are unreliable, self-serving and inconsiderate.
There is none that is better than any other, just like cell phone
companies. When it comes to home delivery--especially to apartment
dwellers--delivery services, no matter which company, treat their
customers shoddily.

The *only* solution--short of eliminating delivery services from your
life--is to find a local business that will be glad to use their
address to receive your packages. Of course, you must trust them, and
already have a good personal rapport with 'em.

The Real Bev

Sep 26, 2010, 11:06:25 PM9/26/10

I've never had a problem with ANY carrier's package delivery -- going or
coming. The USPS and first-class mail is, of course, very different.
The businesses across the street used to have a rubber stamp -- "This
mail mistakenly delivered to Bell & Howell" (or whatever business
occupied the building at the time). It didn't stop until the building
was torn down, but now we get mail addressed to our neighbors and vice
versa.

--
Cheers, Bev
"If you were trying to be offensive, you would have succeeded if I

Sep 27, 2010, 9:29:34 AM9/27/10

"The Real Bev" <bashl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On 09/24/10 02:45, Chief Thracian wrote:
>>
> I've never had a problem with ANY carrier's package delivery -- going or
> coming. The USPS and first-class mail is, of course, very different. The
> businesses across the street used to have a rubber stamp -- "This mail
> mistakenly delivered to Bell & Howell" (or whatever business occupied the
> building at the time). It didn't stop until the building was torn down,
> but now we get mail addressed to our neighbors and vice versa.

Weird. The best shipping company, without a doubt, is the USPS. I have been
using them exclusively for all my business shipping for the past 18 years,
and only one box went missing. And that one was probably delivered properly
and simply stolen from in front of the door (NYC apt building). Also, they
are a LOT cheaper and a LOT faster than UPS or FedEx ground. My suppliers
lots of different companies to ship to me. UPS is fine, as is FedEx
overnight, however, FedEx ground is the worst on earth. The drivers pull
into my semi-circle driveway and THROW the package out up against the
garage. I have actually seen them do this twice. I had long suspected it,
since the boxes were always in front of the detached garage instead of on
the covered back porch, as requested in notes on all 4 doors to the house.
Every other carrier has figured it out, but no amount of complaining to
FedEx ground has gotten them to change what they do. Apparently getting out
of the truck is not part of delivering packages. The manager of the local
office said, "Well, people are coming home from work, so we like to leave
things in front of the garage." Okay, let's see what's wrong with that. 1-My
stuff is addressed to a BUSINESS, so no one is "coming home from work". We
work at home. 2-Why would anyone want their stuff left in the driveway where
anyone could see it and take it? 3-Why would anyone want their stuff left
uncovered in the driveway instead of a covered doorway? 4-How am I supposed
to know there's been a delivery if the box is just tossed onto the driveway?

But...FedEx ground did pay for the roll of silk and the repairs to the
snowblower required by said roll getting jammed in it. That's how I figured
out they just tossed stuff into the driveway. There was probably 3" of snow
when the package was "delivered", and DH started up the snowblower when
there was about a foot. At least one side of the driveway was cleared before
the blower failed to eat the silk.

Message has been deleted

The Real Bev

Sep 27, 2010, 2:14:55 PM9/27/10
On 09/27/10 06:29, h wrote:

> "The Real Bev"<bashl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I've never had a problem with ANY carrier's package delivery -- going or
>> coming. The USPS and first-class mail is, of course, very different. The
>> businesses across the street used to have a rubber stamp -- "This mail

>> mistakenly delivered to Bell& Howell" (or whatever business occupied the

>> building at the time). It didn't stop until the building was torn down,
>> but now we get mail addressed to our neighbors and vice versa.
>

> Weird. The best shipping company, without a doubt, is the USPS...

They're fine for packages, it's just first-class mail they screw up. Or
maybe ALL mail. We sent something in an envelope overnight or special
delivery or something that required a signature (long time ago) which we
didn't hear about when we thought we should. The USPS told us that they
couldn't even begin a trace until a month later. Eventually it turned
up, but this caused more anxiety than we wanted to deal with.

I'm really glad that banks offer free bill-pay services now.

--
Cheers, Bev
Eat this, NSA: bomb assassinate Washington North Korea Iraq spy poison

Mrs Irish Mike

Sep 28, 2010, 10:49:44 AM9/28/10
On Sep 27, 9:44 am, Derald <der...@invalid.net> wrote:

> "h" <tmcl...@searchmachine.com> wrote:
> >The best shipping company, without a doubt, is the USPS.
>
>         Same here. Worst, by far, is FedEx. When it was still around, I
> used to insist on DHL as the only alternative to USPS because it had a
> "last mile" arrangement with USPS and could deliver to P.O. boxes.
> Delivery to street addresses only is a deal-killer, for me.
> --
> Derald

Allow me to join in. Yesterday I almost tripped over a package
delivered to me from FedEx, I was expecting it the next day, so that
was fine. I saw the delivery guy dropping off next door and I spoke to
him. "Everyone else knocks on my door or at least puts the package
behind the screen door." He looks at me like I'm speaking Martian and
says, "OK". Too cool to be true.

I've had two packages go missing, both 'delivered' by FedEx. I have
cancled orders once I learned they were being shipped FedEx.

Sep 29, 2010, 11:57:45 AM9/29/10

"Mrs Irish Mike" <wilm...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I've had two packages go missing, both 'delivered' by FedEx. I have
> cancled orders once I learned they were being shipped FedEx.

I've stopped ordering from some of my favorite suppliers because they would
ONLY ship FedEx ground, and I told them why. For the life of me, I can't
figure out why anyone uses FedEx ground. It costs a lot more than the USPS,
and the packages would arrive faster if they sprouted legs and walked here.

Message has been deleted