Roads are safer if you ride like you are crazy

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 17, 2010, 7:15:52 PM1/17/10
(What is this doing in the frugality group? You can't be frugal
without riding a bike or walking. Well, a monkey must know how to live
on peanuts. You know, trying NOT to feed the Hungry Lion)

On Jan 17, 3:59 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jan 17, 6:36 pm, TheTibetanMonkey <comandante.ban...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Well, there's no denial God likes America. Only thing he forgot is how
> > to make our roads safe for smaller vehicles and bicycles. ;)
>
> They're safe if you ride like know what you're doing.

I think they are safer if you ride like you are crazy...

"Acting crazy, like if you don't care about life, may get you respect
in the jungle"

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 17, 2010, 7:27:26 PM1/17/10
(I wonder sometimes if the atheists ride more bike than the cyclists,
but they seem to reply more)

On Jan 17, 4:14 pm, Father Haskell <fatherhask...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > I think they are safer if you ride like you are crazy...
>

> Or if you don't do stupid pointless patently suicidal things
> like picking fights with SUVs.

I see it all the time that the SUVs pick up the fight or harass the
minute they see you on "their" road. Well, sometimes they ignore you
and talk on the phone or pass you within inches, and that's another
problem.

TheTibetanMonkey

Jan 18, 2010, 11:42:46 AM1/18/10
On Jan 18, 12:40 am, Dead Kennedy <dead.kenn...@live.co.uk> wrote:
> closest ive ever got to practicing theism
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Food-Gods-Original-Knowledge-Evolution/dp/05533...

I quote:

The ethnobotanist co-author of Psilocybin: The Magic Mushroom Grower's
Guide (not reviewed) puts forth the theory that magic mushrooms are
the original ``tree of knowledge'' and that the general lack of
psychedelic exploration is leading Western society toward eventual
collapse or destruction--controversial statements, to say the least,
though the argument's details often prove fascinating. In the
beginning, McKenna tells us, there were protohumans with small brains
and plenty of genetic competition, and what eventually separated the
men from the apes was an enthusiasm for the hallucinogenic mushrooms
that grew on the feces of local cattle. Claiming that psilocybin in
the hominid diet would have enhanced eyesight, sexual enjoyment, and
language ability and would have thereby placed the mushroom-eaters in
the front lines of genetic evolution--eventually leading to
hallucinogen-ingesting shamanistic societies, the ancient Minoan
culture, and some Amazonian tribes today--McKenna also asserts that
the same drugs are now outlawed in the US because of their corrosive
effect on our male-dominated, antispiritual society.

***

Having changed the banana for the mushroom wasn't the cause of
evolution. In fact we won't be fully human until we learn to smoke the
banana peels and stop driving SUVs. Those beasts are truly dangerous.

VFW

Jan 18, 2010, 2:04:24 PM1/18/10
In article
<4d377029-8457-42bf...@14g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>,
TheTibetanMonkey <comandan...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It's the learning curve that has many intimidated.
--
Hint; Enjoy the moment !

TheTibetanMonkey showing-the-path-of-enlightenment-in-the-jungle

Jan 19, 2010, 5:36:18 PM1/19/10
On Jan 18, 11:04 am, VFW <george...@toast.net> wrote:
> In article
> <4d377029-8457-42bf-9299-716b4ae66...@14g2000yqp.googlegroups.com>,

I don't think most American drivers would pass the IQ test given to
monkeys. Not necessarily but birth, but by dumbing down.