Skechers

KenK

Jan 26, 2015, 9:32:46 AM1/26/15
We got a Skechers store here a year or so ago. First I thought it was an
art supply store. Finally discovered they sell shoes. Tried Google for
reviews but didn't find a general store-wide review, just specific shoes.

If you've purchased there what is your opinion? Prices? Lots of choices?
Service? I'm about due for a pair.

TIA

The Real Bev

Jan 26, 2015, 1:14:55 PM1/26/15
On 01/26/2015 06:32 AM, KenK wrote:
> We got a Skechers store here a year or so ago. First I thought it was an
> art supply store. Finally discovered they sell shoes. Tried Google for
> reviews but didn't find a general store-wide review, just specific shoes.
>
> If you've purchased there what is your opinion? Prices? Lots of choices?
> Service? I'm about due for a pair.

Overly expensive. Remember the sneakers with rounded soles that were
supposed to tone your calves? They lost a class-action lawsuit about
that. Can't remember how much people got, but the lawyers certainly
made a bundle.

--
Cheers, Bev
The stone age didn't end for lack of stones.

BigDog811

Jan 28, 2015, 6:18:47 PM1/28/15
My wife has a couple of pairs of their walking shoes and likes them fine. Personally I prefer New Balance over Skechers. Similar price point for similar styles, but I like the look, feel, and fit of the NB better.

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 1, 2015, 2:41:01 AM2/1/15
On Wednesday, January 28, 2015 at 5:18:47 PM UTC-6, BigDog811 wrote:

> My wife has a couple of pairs of their walking shoes and likes them fine. Personally I prefer New Balance over Skechers. Similar price point for similar styles, but I like the look, feel, and fit of the NB better.

I've got 4 pairs of those rounded sole shoes (Shape Ups) and I love them; verrry comfortable. I had some heel pain and stress (was beginning to think I was going to be a cripple for life) and these shoes alleviated the pain and problem. So much so I have no pain. For my problem they are great, can't say they've done anything for my calves, though. :)

The Real Bev

Feb 1, 2015, 3:14:43 PM2/1/15
You might want to check out the class-action settlement then. They were
SUPPOSED to do something for your calves.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I don't trust carry-out food. When you find hair in my cooking

ItsJoan NotJoann

Feb 1, 2015, 7:54:04 PM2/1/15
On Sunday, February 1, 2015 at 2:14:43 PM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:
> On 01/31/2015 11:40 PM, ItsJoan NotJoann wrote:
> >>
> > I've got 4 pairs of those rounded sole shoes (Shape Ups) and I love
> > them; verrry comfortable. I had some heel pain and stress (was
> > beginning to think I was going to be a cripple for life) and these
> > shoes alleviated the pain and problem. So much so I have no pain.
> > For my problem they are great, can't say they've done anything for my
> > calves, though. :)
>
> You might want to check out the class-action settlement then. They were
> SUPPOSED to do something for your calves.
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev

Nah, I wasn't looking for any calf enhancement :-) just heel relief and they have delivered in spades on that problem. No heel pain at all even when I'm not wearing them.