The Flu Vaccine Scam Rears Its Ugly Head Again in 2010

Rebel1

Dec 31, 2010, 8:39:50 AM12/31/10
Dec 31, 2020. This was originally posted on 8/31/2010 in various
newsgroups. It's been removed, because it exposes the lies in the flu
program.

Original 8/31/2010 post:

The Flu Vaccine Scam Rears Its Ugly Head Again in 2010

This article is an update of a series of articles with similar titles
first posted Sept 25, 2008, and most recently on May 2, 2009. It has
been reformatted using fixed-width type so the numbers in the columns
properly align and it has been updated with newly released data for
2007. To prevent the table from getting too wide for a 1024x768 display,
the 2002 data has been deleted. It was originally posted at the
sci.med.nutrition, alt.health, alt.social-security-disability,
alt.politics.usa.congress, and misc.consumers.frugal-living newsgroups
on August 31, 2010, 2:55 pm ET, by Rebel1.

(As an aside, Mike Adams, also known as the Health Ranger, makes a good
case that nobody dies in the U.S. from flu because none of the deaths
are confirmed by lab data; fascinating perspective.
http://www.naturalnews.com/026169.html)

Once again the government and its press lackeys are circulating lies
about the alleged number of annual U.S. flu deaths in an attempt to
scare the population into getting flu shots of questionable value.
Nobody in Congress challenges the number, because Big Pharma makes
substantial “contributions” to their reelection campaigns. FDA
decision-makers don’t make waves because their silence is often rewarded
with lucrative jobs at Big Pharma companies after leaving government.
Advertising-supported popular magazines and even medical journals dare
not expose the truth; just count the number of advertising pages for
drugs and figure it out yourself. Major news services (AP, Reuters,
etc.) don’t expose the fraud either; perhaps it’s the fear of being
denied access to key people in the government, or perhaps their writers
are too lazy to do fact-checking.

36,000 DEATHS PER YEAR
That’s the bogus number typically circulated. It’s sometimes given as
deaths from pneumonia and flu combined. Other times it’s given as deaths
from flu alone. (They can’t even tell a consistent lie.) In either case,
the number is wrong. The true number of flu deaths and pneumonia deaths
in all age groups, right from the government’s Centers for Disease
Control reports, are as follows:

Deaths from 2003(1) 2004(2) 2005(3) 2006(4) 2007(5)
Pneumonia & flu 65,163 59,644 63,001 56,326 52,717
Pneumonia alone 63,371 58,564 61,189 55,477 52,306
Flu alone 1,792 1,100 1,812 849 411
All causes 2,448,288 2,397,615 2,448,017 2,426,264 2,423,712

That’s right, flu deaths ranged from 1,792 in 2003 to 411 in 2007. The
five-year average is 1,192 per year!

SO WHO SHOULD GET THE FLU VACCINE?
According to this site, http://www.medicinenet.com/influenza/page3.htm,
“groups at increased risk of influenza complications include people aged
65 years or older.…” (With all their drug ads, can they be impartial?)
Let’s see just how high that risk is. Here are the numbers for people
aged 65 and older+ in year 2007(5):

Age Age Age Total
Deaths from: 65-74 75-84 85&Up 65&Up
Pneumonia and flu 5,547 14,859 25,535 45,941
Pneumonia alone 5,509 14,780 25,396 45,685
Flu Alone 38 79 139 256
Total Deaths, all causes 389,238 652,682 713,646 1,755,566
Flu Deaths, % of Total 0.010 0.012 0.019 0.015
Deaths

So IF vaccine makers correctly GUESSED at the type of virus strains that
would be a risk 9 months after they started making the vaccine, AND IF
the vaccine were 100 percent effective, only 256 deaths (0.015%) would
be delayed out of 1,755,566 from all causes.

Some might credit the drop of flu deaths in the 65 and above group (256
in 2007 vs. 689 in 2006) to increased vaccination coverage. But the CDC
says that coverage of 68.0% in this age group was similar to previous
seasons.(6)

But they want to vaccinate all 35,000,000 people 65 and older(7). At $20
per vaccine, that’s $700,000,000 transferred from the bank accounts of
seniors and their insurers to the medical mafia (everyone from the local
doctors up the distribution chain to the manufacturer) hoping to delay a
mere 256 deaths in an already vulnerable group. That’s $2,734,375 for
each delayed death. Yes, there will be some savings due to reduced
hospitalizations. Nevertheless, this kind of insanity is what’s
bankrupting the system.

HOW EFFECTIVE IS THE VACCINE?
An article in the October 4, 2007, issue of the New England Journal of
Medicine addressed this question.(8) Data were pooled from 18 cohorts of
community-dwelling elderly members of one U.S. health maintenance
organization (HMO) for 1990–1991 through 1999–2000 and of two other HMOs
for 1996–1997 through 1999–2000. The study was not designed to evaluate
levels of vaccine effectiveness among the frailest elderly, such as
those living in nursing homes, and is somewhat biased because all
members were part of an HMO. The data covered 10 flu seasons, which
included eight seasons where the vaccine matched the circulating virus.

Results - Some quotes from the study:

“During the 10 influenza seasons, there were 4599 hospitalizations for
pneumonia or influenza and 8796 deaths. The observed hospitalization
rates for unvaccinated and for vaccinated participants were, on average,
0.7% and 0.6% per season, respectively, with corresponding death rates
of 1.6% and 1.0% per season.”

“Influenza vaccination was associated on average with substantial
reductions in hospitalizations for pneumonia and for influenza (vaccine
effectiveness, 27%) and in death (vaccine effectiveness, 48%). Estimates
varied from season to season and across the 18 cohorts). In the two
seasons with a poor match between the vaccine and the virus strain,
vaccine effectiveness was lower for reducing death (in seasons with a
poor match, vaccine effectiveness was 37%; in seasons with a good match,
vaccine effectiveness was 52%) but not for reducing hospitalization.”

While these results may appear impressive, the study warns:

“How these results might relate to population-level trends is unclear.
For example, influenza-attributable excess mortality rates in the United
States have not declined to the degree that might be expected in light
of increasing vaccination rates during the 1980s and the early 1990s.
However, nation-level data do not include the risk profile or
vaccination status of those who have died. Critical information is
therefore lacking, making it difficult to estimate what the expected
excess mortality rates would be if vaccination rates were 0%, what
benefits have already been realized given current patterns of vaccine
use, and what additional benefits might be realized with more effective
vaccine delivery.”

Draw your own conclusions as to the value of a flu vaccine, considering
the cost of a nationwide program compared to the few who will benefit.

WHAT ABOUT PNEUMONIA?
True, complications from the flu VIRUS can lead to pneumonia. About 50
percent of the pneumonia cases are caused by viruses, which produce less
severe pneumonia(9). The rest are mainly caused by bacteria. Get a
pneumonia vaccination.

HOW TO PREVENT THE FLU
The flu season coincides with shorter days, which means less sunlight
and less vitamin D generated by our bodies from direct (not through
glass or sunscreen) sun exposure on our skin. Here’s the background:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2006/10/03/more-evidence-vitamin-d-beats-the-flu.aspx

(If the above link doesn't take you directly to the article, type the
link manually in the address box or enter in the search box " More
Evidence Vitamin D Beats the Flu" and click on the first result.)

1) Take vitamin D3 supplements or cod liver oil, at daily doses of
1000-2000 IU. But read this before starting:
http://www.mercola.com/2002/feb/23/vitamin_d_deficiency.htm
2) Frequently wash hands after being in public
3) Get plenty of sleep
4) Reduce stress
5) Cut sugar consumption, which depresses the immune system.

MORE INFO
http://tampa.creativeloafing.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A3696

REFERENCES:
(1) Deaths: Final Data for 2003, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
54, #13, Apr 19, 2006, Table 10, page 32
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr54/nvsr54_13.pdf
(2) Deaths: Final Data for 2004, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
55, #19, Oct 10, 2007, pages 30, 32 and 36
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr55/nvsr55_19.pdf
(3) Deaths: Final Data for 2005, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
56, #10, April 24, 2008, page 33, Table 10
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr56/nvsr56_10.pdf
(4) Deaths: Final Data for 2006, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
57, #14, April 2009, Table 10
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr57/nvsr57_14.pdf.
(5) Deaths: Final Data for 2007, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
58, #19, May 2010, Table 10
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_19.pdf.
(6) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, April 30, 2010
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5916a1.htm
(7) Information Please Almanac
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0905042.html
(8) Effectiveness of Influenza Vaccine in the Community-Dwelling Elderly.
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/357/14/1373
(9) Pneumonia Fact Sheet, American Lung Association
http://www.lungusa.org/lung-disease/influenza/in-depth-resources/pneumonia-fact-sheet.html

Twayne

Jan 2, 2011, 4:47:10 PM1/2/11
On Dec 31 2010, 5:39 am, Rebel1 <Reb...@optonline.net> wrote:
> [...]

>      55, #19, Oct 10, 2007, pages  30, 32 and 36
>      http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr55/nvsr55_19.pdf
> (3) Deaths: Final Data for 2005, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
>      56, #10, April 24, 2008, page 33, Table 10
>      http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr56/nvsr56_10.pdf
> (4) Deaths: Final Data for 2006, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
>      57, #14, April 2009, Table 10
>      http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr57/nvsr57_14.pdf.
> (5) Deaths: Final Data for 2007, National Vital Statistics Reports, Vol.
>      58, #19, May 2010, Table 10
>      http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr58/nvsr58_19.pdf.
> (6) Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, April 30, 2010
>      http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5916a1.htm
> (7) Information Please Almanac
>      http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0905042.html
> (8) Effectiveness of Influenza Vaccine in the Community-Dwelling Elderly.

Thanks for that valuable information. Keep us posted on this as well
as anything else that you think we should know about. .

Relayer

Jan 4, 2011, 6:21:35 AM1/4/11

All he needs to do is skip it, and if he becomes so ill as to be
hospitalized, then his private insurance can pay for it. If he is on
Medicare/aid, then he can oay out of pocket. No big deal.

I had a transplant 3 years ago that failed. I have 5 kids, two still
in grammar school, where the flu is rampant.