States where it is easier to live off your Social Security check

gggg...@gmail.com

Aug 23, 2018, 3:50:18 AM8/23/18

catalpa

Aug 23, 2018, 9:52:34 PM8/23/18

<gggg...@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:45ff370a-47ea-4ef5...@googlegroups.com...
> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/10-states-where-your-social-security-check-will-go-farthest.html?&qsearchterm=social%20security%20checks

Great, 10 states that are regular suck and total suck.

Social Security was never intended to be your only source of retirement
income.

Michael Black

Aug 25, 2018, 8:20:16 PM8/25/18
But frugality is separate from how much money you have, it's about
spending wisely. It really helps if you don't have much money, but can
still be valid if you have more money, and the more money you have, the
easier it is to be frugal.

So this isn't about how much income you'll have in retirement, but where
you get the best return for your income.

Michael

gggg...@gmail.com

Aug 27, 2018, 3:12:46 PM8/27/18
On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 2:20:16 PM UTC-10, Michael Black wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, catalpa wrote:
>

> > <> wrote in message
> >> https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/20/10-states-where-your-social-security-check-will-go-farthest.html?&qsearchterm=social%20security%20checks
> >
> > Great, 10 states that are regular suck and total suck.
> >
> > Social Security was never intended to be your only source of retirement
> > income.
> >
> But frugality is separate from how much money you have, it's about
> spending wisely. It really helps if you don't have much money...

- Their poverty secured their freedom, since our desires and our possessions are the strongest fetters of despotism. (Edward Gibbon)

, but can
> still be valid if you have more money, and the more money you have, the
> easier it is to be frugal.

- We need greater virtues to sustain good than evil fortune. (Rochefoucauld)